I may go into this career- What do you think

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I have always liked Kineslogy, Anatomy and Physiology.

What about a quick 2 year program as a PTA. That is Physical Therapist Assistant. They mostly work in acute care like settings to assist people in extreme conditions.
I am too old for PT school again lol.. This job has a 25 percent growth rate.

What about a quick 2 year program as a PTA. That is Physical Therapist Assistant. They mostly work in acute care like settings to assist people in extreme conditions.
It pays well but I seem to recall that you suffer from back problems. I was an X-Ray/CT/MRI tech for about 14 years and a PTA is a lot more physically demanding.

It pays well but I seem to recall that you suffer from back problems. I was an X-Ray/CT/MRI tech for about 14 years and a PTA is a lot more physically demanding.

Wow you are interesting. You must be good at tech stuff. Very cool job. Why did you stop after 14 yrs. thanks

Maybe you could ask a PT group if you could "shadow" someone for a few days to see what you think.

I would think that it might be frustrating to have insurance companies regulating what you can and can't do with people.

I've seen people have to stop in the middle of PT because that was all that was authorized.

I would imagine the therapists don't feel good about a job 1/2 done.

Forum List

Back