I Lost My Childhood Friend ON That Day

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bonnie, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    His name was Tom Stowe he was the son of a preacher, a marine, and my friend. He was a good bit older than I was but he was the big brother that took me to concerts, and protected me from the big bad world. I will never forget the moment I found out he had died. He enlisted at the minute he turned 18, very soon after that he married his girlfriend, then left to be stationed in Lebanon. While he was away he found out he was going to have a baby. His wife couldn't wait till he came back home on leave to finally meet his new daughter, he never came home. The day of the funeral came a care package from Lebanon with gifts for his wife and new daughter. That military funeral was the saddest day I can remember.

Ronald Reagan then president retaliated by pulling out of Lebanon. For all those who wonder why terrorists are un-afraid of us remember this tragedy and all the others that went unanswered, and be thankful we have a president that has the conviction to fight back instead of capitulating and cowering to them.

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Bonnie, I'm sorry for your loss. That had to be the lowlight of the Reagan presidency, and it WAS very low. We are still paying a price for it, along with many, many other bad decisions by those in power, of both parties.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Your so right!!
    I have to say that I loved Reagan, but even he in that moment and that bad decision has in some way led us to where we are now. Iran does not see us as a serious threat, and if we elect Democrats in a few months whose only desire is to impeach Bush, and withdraw from all war on terror we are cooked.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    When I'm really down, I think that the majority of Americans do not see what difference it makes. The religious part would bother them, but they seem to think, 'anything' is better than war. They would learn differently, but then it would be too late.

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Yes!!
    Too late