I know DADT has been rescinded but PDA need to be banned

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
These people, while in uniform, need to quit having public displays of affection, its the fucking regulation and they blatantly disregard it. Ever time I've made on the spot corrections I get labelled a homophobe, its bullshit.

All things in due time. It takes awhile for the Army to adjust to something new and different.

For instance, back in the days immediately following the advent of the all-volunteer force, I was wearing one of those badges you've got as an avatar and nobody knew for some time how far we could push volunteer troops. What could we do to them? What could we not do? The old rules didn't seem to apply. I've seen times when a drill would tell a trainee to do something and the trainee would refuse. One even gave a drill the finger! What now? We didn't know. Nobody did until the Army finally got around to issuing guidance which caught up with the new reality.

It'll be the same with homosexual PDA.

These people, while in uniform, need to quit having public displays of affection, its the fucking regulation and they blatantly disregard it. Ever time I've made on the spot corrections I get labelled a homophobe, its bullshit.

By "these people", you mean soldiers, of course, right? And you do, naturally, censure all your soldiers equally for PDAs, regardless of orientation? How do feel about departing and arriving deployed service members PDAs?

It's because you're a Homophobe.

Now either get with the program and obey orders like a good little soldier, or get the f*ck out of the Army!

By "these people", you mean soldiers, of course, right? And you do, naturally, censure all your soldiers equally for PDAs, regardless of orientation? How do feel about departing and arriving deployed service members PDAs?

I'm a drill sergeant who is off the trail, I treat all PDAs as equally wrong. Just because some NCOs don't strictly enforce it like they're supposed to doesn't mean its a free for all to do what they, as a former drill sergeant and first sergeant I am the standard bearer.

I'm a drill sergeant who is off the trail, I treat all PDAs as equally wrong. Just because some NCOs don't strictly enforce it like they're supposed to doesn't mean its a free for all to do what they, as a former drill sergeant and first sergeant I am the standard bearer.
So yer willin' to look the other way for Same Sex PDA but not Homo Sex PDA?

Is that how NCO's in todays Army operate?

I did 20 years myself and I dont ever remember seeing two people in uniform doing any kind of PDA. Why should it be different now?

Its AGAINST THE RULES and believe me, I am no homophobe. Let anyone marry who wants to, but no PDA in uniform, no marching in anything political in uniform etc etc.

Here is where you are wrong. You are only complaining about homosexuals breaking the rules. That is what makes you a homophobe. By not complaining about ALL servicemembers breaking that rule makes me think you NOW suddenly have a problem with this.

THAT MAKES YOU A HOMOPHOBE IN MY OPINION.

Last edited:

So yer willin' to look the other way for Same Sex PDA but not Homo Sex PDA?

Is that how NCO's in todays Army operate?

I'm against ALL PDA in uniform and make on the spot corections to all violators.

I did 20 years myself and I dont ever remember seeing two people in uniform doing any kind of PDA. Why should it be different now?

Its AGAINST THE RULES and believe me, I am no homophobe. Let anyone marry who wants to, but no PDA in uniform, no marching in anything political in uniform etc etc.

Here is where you are wrong. You are only complaining about homosexuals breaking the rules. That is what makes you a homophobe. By not complaining about ALL servicemembers breaking that rule makes me think you NOW suddenly have a problem with this.

THAT MAKES YOU A HOMOPHOBE IN MY OPINION.

You must have missed the part where I said I'm against all PDAs, some leaders are allowing gays to get away with the shit to show themselves and the army as being more tolerant of gays and thats wrong, nothing goes before the regs.

Forum List

Back