I had to laugh at this.Pork Infused Bullets.

I think it would be funny for the Army to turn loose 100 hogs every day in Muslim land. The farmers would love to sell their hogs and think of all the joy it would bring to the rag heads.

Muslims aren't afraid of pigs anymore than Jews are, they simply find them unclean for consumption.

Forget the bullets. As long as we are looking for creative solutions, we're sending all those spy drones everywhere. Let's just load em down with liquid pork fat and spray those we need to keep busy and off the battlefield. The contaminated Muslims would need to do a ritual two-week cleansing after such exposure. Then we could hit them again. Who knows. If we could stretch it out long enough, maybe everybody would forget about whatever the heck they were fighting about or just give up because it wouldn't be worth it.

While creative, I don't think it would have the desired effect. Whenever such circumstances arise local community leaders usually issue fatwas saying that X, Y, and Z are permissible in certain special circumstances. I don't imagine it would have much of an impact aside from turning larger numbers of people against you.

Forget the bullets. As long as we are looking for creative solutions, we're sending all those spy drones everywhere. Let's just load em down with liquid pork fat and spray those we need to keep busy and off the battlefield. The contaminated Muslims would need to do a ritual two-week cleansing after such exposure. Then we could hit them again. Who knows. If we could stretch it out long enough, maybe everybody would forget about whatever the heck they were fighting about or just give up because it wouldn't be worth it.

While creative, I don't think it would have the desired effect. Whenever such circumstances arise local community leaders usually issue fatwas saying that X, Y, and Z are permissible in certain special circumstances. I don't imagine it would have much of an impact aside from turning larger numbers of people against you.

Perhaps, but it would probably have more effect than dropping pamphlets. And frankly, when it comes to people who are already willing to do almost any cruel act to scare, hurt, wound, maim, and kill us, pissing them off is the least of my concerns.

Perhaps, but it would probably have more effect than dropping pamphlets. And frankly, when it comes to people who are already willing to do almost any cruel act to scare, hurt, wound, maim, and kill us, pissing them off is the least of my concerns.

Turning the larger population of the region against you or at the very least alienating yourself from the general population isn't a very good tactic for winning wars.

Turning the larger population of the region against you or at the very least alienating yourself from the general population isn't a very good tactic for winning wars.

install-humor.gif

A couple of comments:

1.) That is an incredibly over simplified statement of causation for the 1857 rebellion in British India, and simply downright misleading.

2.) Just because Muslims or hindus wouldn't want to use unclean items doesn't mean that they would go to hell for being forcibly exposed to it. There is no theological standing for that within mainstream Islamic jurisprudential sets. In fact, Muslims are even allowed to consume pork and other unclean foods if they have no other food to sustain themselves with (that stems from the Quran). So being shot by a bullet with pork, while perhaps slightly insulting, isn't cause for theological concern and thus there is absolutely no theological reason to assume that it would be a deterrent.

3.) Your own argument rather defeats itself because the rumor that the bullets were greased with pig fat certainly didn't prevent the rebellion from happening, if anything it encouraged it.

I've read more than one account of the Indian Rebellion of 1857...all listed the Enfield rifle cartridge as a major contributor to the mutiny.

The cartridge pork or beef tallow didn't affect their ability to rebel because they made their own cartridges greased with beeswax.

Just sayin'...

Right, but the idea of being shot by bullets greased with pig fat via the people they were rebelling against clearly didn't deter the individuals in question from rebelling.

The rumor was that the cartridge packets were greased with swine fat, and that in part generated the Mutiny.

The company playing off swine-infect bullets should be sanctioned for inaccurate and incomplete advertising. That is nothing more than the Indian medicine men selling amulets that supposedly warded off the white man's bullets.

Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief... except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith...

I guess he is right, islam is much more greasy than the swine fat...

Forum List

Back