I guess I owe the left on this board an apology...

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I had predicted they would spam the board today with MULEr report threads.
Not only was I clearly wrong but after a few glances throughout the day it appears that it is the right that is doing it. Comes as a bit of a surprise considering many of them thanked my prediction thread.

Enjoy this rare occasion lefties! I will now dive into my crow dinner....

I heard crow is good for bad backs. How is the back doing? Hopefully better.

• Banned
Stiff but much much better. Kind of a general radiating ache.

glad to hear it's better. How long has it been now since it went out, less that two weeks?
About 2 weeks I guess. Did NOTHING for 5 days but take steroid pills and sit in my lazyboy. Went back to work Monday but brought in extra laborers for the first 2 days of demolition.
Got a script for muscle relaxers too but am not using them at all. If I get a bad flare up I might.

glad to hear it's better. How long has it been now since it went out, less that two weeks?
About 2 weeks I guess. Did NOTHING for 5 days but take steroid pills and sit in my lazyboy. Went back to work Monday but brought in extra laborers for the first 2 days of demolition.
Got a script for muscle relaxers too but am not using them at all. If I get a bad flare up I might.

glad to hear it's doing better. Good luck with it; it will eventually return & it will be like that movie Ground Hog Day.
Dealing with mine has taught me a lot about several things; having a lot of patience is one lesson I have learned, over & over.

glad to hear it's doing better. Good luck with it; it will eventually return & it will be like that movie Ground Hog Day.
Dealing with mine has taught me a lot about several things; having a lot of patience is one lesson I have learned, over & over.
The super weird thing about my situation is the new house I started Monday is for a guy who owns a company that sells replacement body parts/joints etc...
His biggest piece of advice goes against his business and was quite telling. He said AVOID SURGERY AT ALL COSTS.

Apologizing to lefties for what can only be seen as a minor gaffe (if any) is like apologizing to a grizzly for being his next meal.

The super weird thing about my situation is the new house I started Monday is for a guy who owns a company that sells replacement body parts/joints etc...
His biggest piece of advice goes against his business and was quite telling. He said AVOID SURGERY AT ALL COSTS.

The thing about the spinal area & the low back, which is below the spinal cord but still there are nerve roots there is, the anatomy is so tightly packed. When I saw my first MRI it really surprised me to see how much anatomy was packed into such a small space. When you look at the cross section of the L4/L5 level scan, there is basically NO PLACE for herniated disc material to go, EXCEPT to push on a nerve root. That is what gets your back going; once that nerve root says, "OK, I've had enuff of this shit" then that's when you get the BAM!!!
I agree that surgery in such a tightly packed area of anatomy is a real potential gamble. A surgeon making one wrong move in there and you could end up losing the function of a leg, maybe even become a paraplegic. That would suck worse than the alternative.

Forum List

Back