I Gotta Go Out and Buy One of These!!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
trailer-1-inline.jpg

This Simple Trailer Has Everything You Need to Deal With Disaster
By Alexander George, 04.04.14

Read piece @ This Simple Trailer Has Everything You Need to Deal With Disaster | Autopia | WIRED

Hey longknife!
Thanks so much for the support! I'm one of the students working on the project! If you want to support our team, please check out our Indiegogo campaign (linked in the comments of the Wired article).

Also, we are looking into developing a commercial version of the vehicle - so it may be possible for you to buy a version of Apparatus X one day!

Thanks!
Apparatus X

trailer-1-inline.jpg

This Simple Trailer Has Everything You Need to Deal With Disaster
By Alexander George, 04.04.14

Read piece @ This Simple Trailer Has Everything You Need to Deal With Disaster | Autopia | WIRED

Hey longknife!
Thanks so much for the support! I'm one of the students working on the project! If you want to support our team, please check out our Indiegogo campaign (linked in the comments of the Wired article).

Also, we are looking into developing a commercial version of the vehicle - so it may be possible for you to buy a version of Apparatus X one day!

Thanks!
Apparatus X

Great idea and just the thing for those people who've been affected by disasters of all types.

When some of the assholes who've made smart ass remarks here might, in the aftermath of some future calamity says, "wow those people really need help," I hope they will see this vehicle there on the scene, delivering the goods, so to speak.

A new capability for Habitats for Humanity.

A Red Cross second level of assistance.

A County or State sponsored rebuilding response command center.

The possibilities are endless.

And kudos to the development team!

Last edited:
Hey Mojo2,
Awesome, thank you so much for the support! We certainly hope that the project will continue to grow, and eventually provide support to countless communities beyond New Orleans!
Thanks,
Apparatus X

When I worked for DoD I had a contractor who made "shelters" like this that were self-contained, and could be picked up and set down by a helicopter wherever they were needed.

Some of the ones I worked on myself were medical shelters, aircraft maintenance shelters, and living shelters (with chemical toilets).

Nowadays, starting with a typical ocean-shipping container, any creative mechanic could make just about anything. Why re-invent the wheel?

Forum List

Back