I Don’t Owe Unions A Goddamned Thing

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stephanie, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    :clap2:

Mr. Parks is saying what a lot of citizen TAXPAYERS are saying..The Unions Screwed themselves with their crap in Wisconsin. they are just shining a light on them for all the People to see..

Links in article.

SNIP:

Posted on March 6, 2011 by Bob Parks

Lemme get this out: while I more than appreciate the work performed by teachers, police, and firefighters, I don’t appreciate them throwing the fact they do that job in my face.

We don’t live in a communist country where jobs are assigned according to intellect or bulk. Police officers and firefighters weren’t drafted. If you chose to be one, I applaud you but that being said, that doesn’t mean you get to tell us how much you get paid because you chose a job that potentially puts your life in peril. If it’s not worth the risk, I wouldn’t blame you at all if you walked, but this job safety-guilt trip shit is starting to fall on deaf ears.

As for you teachers, I’m tired of hearing how long you studied and how much it cost to get your degree so you could be a teacher. If that’s the case, it’s not all about the kids (as you constantly say before you walk out on them to go protest wages) but the career you wanted to get out of it. Granted, taking care of someone else’s brats can’t be all that rewarding, but you still get the summer off paid, almost all extended holidays paid, “professional” or “development” days paid, health, dental, tenure, and even a retirement package paid for.

Yet when you feel you haven’t been paid enough, you just demand more money from taxpayers, some of whom don’t even have kids (but have to deal with the defective product teachers leave us with).

It’s at the point where I really don’t care if you’re a cop, firefighter, teacher, or professional athlete. YOU chose that profession. YOU chose to accept the risks and perils that come with those professions, and YOU knew what the job paid when you applied and for all the ads the unions will put out over the next few months, complete with smiling union workers, I’ll tell you what footage was never shot and will never be in one of the upcoming ads: union workers saying “thank you” to the community after the latest property tax override and/or tax increase.

read it all here.
    http://www.black-and-right.com/2011/03/06/i-dont-owe-unions-a-goddamned-thing/

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Very useful point.. You are not drafted into your job, and ciivil service jobs are hard to get. Government workers actively worked to get into those jobs.
    There are lots of dangerous, thankless, necessary jobs in the private sector as well. I applaud anyone who does any job well.
    That said, jobs were chosen based on the psychic and financial package when you applied.

3. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Civil service jobs are hard to get because the pay and benefits were outstanding. When they are gutted, and working civil service jobs pays minumum wage with no benefits they won't be that hard to get.

You are not drafted into your job, that is absolutely right. If you wanted the day off you can take it, why can't the teachers, police, or firefighters? If you want a raise or keep your benefits you have the right to question, and confront your employer, why can't they? Then like everyone else you have the right to be fired, why aren't they? Bottom line, we need them.

4. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    When has that ever happened, or been in danger of happening? It's certainly not now.

5. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    It's happening now, the federal government has reached the limits of it's growth, we are at the apex. Now we don't have the fuel to sustain it any longer. With the cuts that must be made, the federal worker starting at the bottom is in real trouble. The top won't give up anything so the bottom will be sacrificed so the well off may keep what they have. So we will see what the American people put value on with what we are willing to fund. Air/food quality, Defense, Justice system, etc.

6. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    That's much more general and benign than the doomsday scenario you were asserting. Which was, "civil service jobs pays minimum wage with no benefits."

That's never happened, and isn't in danger of happening. It's exaggerated, alarmist crap.

7. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404

I agree. You choose the job. You can take it or leave it. Free choice to stay or leave.

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,769
    Awesome! Republicans declare war on teachers. It doesn't get much better than this.

9. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    Strawman.... just please dont start chanting... thats all you libs know how to do :lol:

10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    More bullshit DRAMA AND LIES.