I bet liberals can't...

oldsoul

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2015
Standing with Covington Kids
I bet Liberals can't boil their political ideology down to just one, concise sentence. Here, I'll start.

My political ideology is as follows: Limit the power and scope of government as much as possible, while still fulfilling the obligations set forth in the Constitution.

Now it's your turn.

If "liberal" still meant what it actually meant, I would be one. So I will answer in that hypothetical : Individual freedom and limited government while maintaining the general welfare of the country.

I bet Liberals can't boil their political ideology down to just one, concise sentence. Here, I'll start.

My political ideology is as follows: Limit the power and scope of government as much as possible, while still fulfilling the obligations set forth in the Constitution.

Now it's your turn.

Well, you just defined "Liberal".

There's a shorter version though. Goes like this:

"All men are created equal".

"All men are created equal".

images

Yes they are but neither God or the Constitution guaranteed what would happen afterwards.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

The idea that any political philosophy can be boiled down to a single sentence is preposterous.

The idea that any political philosophy can be boiled down to a single sentence is preposterous.
Just because you can't does not mean it cannot be done. The fact that you cannot is, in it's self, very telling.

If you think complex and nuanced political philosophies can be boiled down neatly into a single sentence than you are fooling yourself. You want a toddlers' response to an adult discussion. Very telling, indeed.

Just because you can't does not mean it cannot be done. The fact that you cannot is, in it's self, very telling.

If you think complex and nuanced political philosophies can be boiled down neatly into a single sentence than you are fooling yourself. You want a toddlers' response to an adult discussion. Very telling, indeed.
Not talking about complex PHILOSOPHIES, I am talkin about IDEOLOGIES. And yes there is a difference.

Nothing nuanced about it. If your ideology is so complex that you cannot state it simply, then it is not an ideology, it is an agenda.

Funny how so many libs want to attack the idea instead of attempting the exercise. Is it too unfair? Too difficult?

Not talking about complex PHILOSOPHIES, I am talkin about IDEOLOGIES. And yes there is a difference.

Nothing nuanced about it. If your ideology is so complex that you cannot state it simply, then it is not an ideology, it is an agenda.

Funny how so many libs want to attack the idea instead of attempting the exercise. Is it too unfair? Too difficult?

:lol:

Neither, actually. Too vacuous would be a better description. That being said, I'll leave you to your dull and child-like exercise. Cheers!

All political labels are vague nonsense. The full spectrum of political thought is essential if the ascent of humanity is to succeed. There is nothing more counter-productive, expensive and sad than our demonization of people that disagree with us.

Forum List

Back