I am waiting for Obama to throw the BLS under the bus.

I can't wait for the first cry of "Being unemployed is patriotic!" :lol:

Dave, it is your patriotic duty to sit at home and collect those UE checks , I mean really that is the best stimulus available.

I'm waiting for Obama to order that people receiving unemployment checks be counted as temporarily employed. It's the Pelosi Method for increasing employment.

I'm waiting for Obama to order that people receiving unemployment checks be counted as temporarily employed. It's the Pelosi Method for increasing employment.

No since the number they use to tell us is figured by counting only those collecting unemployment currently. Their plan to lower the numbers is already in effect. End Extended Benefits. Blame the Republican filibuster and let people drop off the rolls every week. Effectively lowering the number. That is why it is so funny they blame the republican Filibuster. Because by ending those benefits, they assured that the Unemployment number the Government uses to report to us, would begin to drop even faster as people fell of the rolls.

When ever the Government releases Numbers on unemployment, be sure to look at the fine print of it and in there you will see a number much higher than the one they used. That is what we call REAL unemployment, because it estimates all those who are both collecting unemployment and those who have used all their benefits, as well as the self employed who have lost their businesses or can't find any contracting work. Look even further and there is a even higher number that includes the under employed. Those who can not find enough work, for enough money to get by on. Those are the numbers you should be looking at.

last time I looked my state had 13.9% unemployment officially, 17.3% REAL unemployment, and over 20% if you counted the under employed. Yet our governor is out saying Unemployment is going down each week, when in reality only the number of people getting benefits each week is going down.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back