I Am American, and I Respect Islam

Your point being?

Nobody seeks more control of other people, on a more personal level, than the hyper religious.

Oh, and I would likely qualify to some as a member of the hyper religious. I dont want to control anyone.

You may not but the ones in control of your religion do. Its all about submission to their belief system and control of your life through threats of a horrible afterlife and empty unproven promises of riches if you obey. And by riches I don't mean money.

I was once a die hard believer. Then I woke up and came to the conclusion that organized religion is for the weak minded people who can't seem to direct their own lives without direction on how to do so.

Please don't take offence because none is intended. As an American I respect your choice to believe just don't push it

by Abigail Disney
I love my country. I love it a lot. I love the world too. I love them both for the same reasons. They are exciting and interesting and full of all kinds of people and ideas. I know that when I open myself up to new people and experiences there is really no end to things I can learn and discover—no limit to the ways in which I can be made to feel humble in the face of people's greatness, or proud of people's accomplishments

Over the past few weeks, it has become clear that some people in my country have created an insulting vision of Islam, a degrading video on YouTube. I deplore their actions. Their values are foreign to me and I do not understand their hearts.

Those people do not represent their country, they do not represent my America. They inhabit the edges of society. The Americans I know do not insult the faith of others. The Americans I know have built a strong, vibrant, multi-faith society of Muslims, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Atheists and many others by embracing an ethic of respect and understanding. The Americans I know look into their own hearts, seeking to become more kind, more good, more decent. They know we must replace loathsome expressions of darkness with our own sincere gestures of loving kindness.

To build a culture of peace, we must repudiate hatred. This sign is a demonstration of our love. We stand for peace and we choose to drown out darkness with light.

Good people will always disagree with each other. But disagreement is much different from hatred. Even those who disagree with you about politics or religion are, on the whole, good and decent people who simply see the world in a different way.

We respect Islam. We love Islam. We love you. We know there is beauty in your faith and traditions. We hope to know it better, through peace and dialogue, bridging our cultures with calm and understanding
flag.jpg

I Am American, and I Respect Islam | BlogHer

What do you mean "repudiate" hatred..? Do you believe in punishing "hate speech".......? Or do you believe in the 1st Amendment....?

The Muslim Brotherhood is calling for a trial of the video maker.....they believe that insulting Islam is blasphemy and that there should be a world law against such blasphemy...Do you believe the video maker should be brought to trial as they believe...?

Which do you respect more....

the U.S. Constitution and our freedom of speech...
OR
Islam and their trials for blasphemous "hate speech".......?

You cannot have both.....the two belief systems are incompatible.....when it comes down to brass tacks you need to make a choice....

by Abigail Disney
I love my country. I love it a lot. I love the world too. I love them both for the same reasons. They are exciting and interesting and full of all kinds of people and ideas. I know that when I open myself up to new people and experiences there is really no end to things I can learn and discover—no limit to the ways in which I can be made to feel humble in the face of people's greatness, or proud of people's accomplishments

Over the past few weeks, it has become clear that some people in my country have created an insulting vision of Islam, a degrading video on YouTube. I deplore their actions. Their values are foreign to me and I do not understand their hearts.

Those people do not represent their country, they do not represent my America. They inhabit the edges of society. The Americans I know do not insult the faith of others. The Americans I know have built a strong, vibrant, multi-faith society of Muslims, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Atheists and many others by embracing an ethic of respect and understanding. The Americans I know look into their own hearts, seeking to become more kind, more good, more decent. They know we must replace loathsome expressions of darkness with our own sincere gestures of loving kindness.

To build a culture of peace, we must repudiate hatred. This sign is a demonstration of our love. We stand for peace and we choose to drown out darkness with light.

Good people will always disagree with each other. But disagreement is much different from hatred. Even those who disagree with you about politics or religion are, on the whole, good and decent people who simply see the world in a different way.

We respect Islam. We love Islam. We love you. We know there is beauty in your faith and traditions. We hope to know it better, through peace and dialogue, bridging our cultures with calm and understanding
flag.jpg

Anyone that respects a force bent on your destruction is a FOOL, plain and simple.

Bingo.

The jihadists are Muslim and they want us dead.

I have no respect for a religion that does nothing about the radicals in their midst.

A religion that does nothing about radicals beheading people on Al Jazeera. A religion that calmly stands by as suicide bombers kill anyone they can.

I can't think how anyone could respect such a murderous religion.

by Abigail Disney

flag.jpg

What do you mean "repudiate" hatred..? Do you believe in punishing "hate speech".......? Or do you believe in the 1st Amendment....?

The Muslim Brotherhood is calling for a trial of the video maker.....they believe that insulting Islam is blasphemy and that there should be a world law against such blasphemy...Do you believe the video maker should be brought to trial as they believe...?

OR

You cannot have both.....the two belief systems are incompatible.....when it comes down to brass tacks you need to make a choice....

Take a look at his other post, he's made his decision, he chooses the path of the pig mohamad.

by Abigail Disney

flag.jpg

So, you have no thoughts on this article?

OR

Take a look at his other post, he's made his decision, he chooses the path of the pig mohamad.

yeah....i get sick of these so-called "moderates" who live within our midst....:eusa_hand:

he CLAIMS he is an American......if he can't answer the question in favor of the U.S.Constitution over Islamic law... then he is NOT American.....

History is full of stories of religion using violence as a means to an end. Islam is not unique it is just the current one being used to perpetrate violence.

Screw religion
Let's not. Religion holds a lot of otherwise wild people to certain sets of rules, most of which I see to be beneficial to peaceful existence.

It is seldom that one comes upon a religious doctrine that calls for the death of all those that do not believe such-and-such.

To my knowledge, Islam is the only one that holds this asinine, imbecilic belief...and carries out the plan.

FUCK ISLAM! (until they denounce what the bastard Muhammed taught them and adopt a non-violent attitude toward ALL peoples....good luck with that!)

I support your right to hate and revile someone else's religion.

I support your right to support others rights.

In all seriousness, I do think there is a worrisome movement that people no longer have the right to feel certain things. This is America, you aren't required to like or respect anyone based on anything.

Yep,

Everyone is butt hurt and wants daddy government to silence people. This is very worrisome.

I am an American.... and respect your right to believe what ever the hell you want to believe.....

So long as what you believe doesn't spill out past your lips, forced upon anyone else, or harms or intimidates others.

I do not respect any religion that calls for the distribution of other religions.....and acts upon it.
I do not respect any religion who's leadership puts out death threats
I do not respect any religion that uses its religion as a political tool.
I do not respect any religion that uses its religion as protection from the law.
I do not respect any religion that uses its religion as excuse not to follow published rules, standards, or codes of conduct.

Last edited:
by Abigail Disney

flag.jpg

Thanks for the laugh, I will pass it on to all my friends to brighten their day and reread it whenever they get sad.

On a related note, it seems a French court banned this ad because the Catholic church found it offensive.

lastsupperad.jpg

The same ad was also banned in Italy.

I don't respect Islam, or for that matter, any other religious belief or practice. In particular, I think Islam is an archaic, tribal, misogynist and illogical set of beliefs created by a middle eastern lunatic. I have nothing good to say about your faith, and have no plan to do so at any point on this board.

In spite of that, I absolutely support the right of people to believe according to the dictates of their conscience, and practice those beliefs--as long as their practice of their faith does not infring on other people--regardless of how stupid I might consider them.

You probably don't want to get me started on Christianity, Judaism, Mormonism, Scientology, or Jehovah's Witlesses.

I dare you to get started on Scientology. :eusa_whistle:

by Abigail Disney

flag.jpg

Well Ms. Disney, where is your 'love and respect" and condemnation of all the Christian, Jewish, etc, "hate movies" on Youtube?

History is full of stories of religion using violence as a means to an end. Islam is not unique it is just the current one being used to perpetrate violence.

Screw religion
Let's not. Religion holds a lot of otherwise wild people to certain sets of rules, most of which I see to be beneficial to peaceful existence.

It is seldom that one comes upon a religious doctrine that calls for the death of all those that do not believe such-and-such.

To my knowledge, Islam is the only one that holds this asinine, imbecilic belief...and carries out the plan.

FUCK ISLAM! (until they denounce what the bastard Muhammed taught them and adopt a non-violent attitude toward ALL peoples....good luck with that!)

ALL of Islam (not most, or even a respectable plurality!) does not believe their religion calls for that. ALL of Christianity does not include radical, fundamentalist and dominionists, either.

Just the ones who make the most noise and gain the most press.

Forum List

Back