I am a mess right now.

I feel for you, mdk. Those of us who have had and have cherished animals in our lives all go through this ache every single time. I am so grateful for all of the animals in my life all the way beginning when I could barely walk. Good pet ownership nourishes the soul, gentles the heart, and teaches about life. My deep feelings for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
About five minutes ago I had to make one of the saddest decisions a pet owner can make, I made an appointment at the vet to have more cat put to sleep. My heart is breaking. :crybaby:

I can relate.

My cat that was turning 19 this year passed January 10th and I miss old man like crazy...

So my deepest sympathies to you because the pain is harsh...

About five minutes ago I had to make one of the saddest decisions a pet owner can make, I made an appointment at the vet to have more cat put to sleep. My heart is breaking. :crybaby:
I am so sorry to hear that. We lost a kitty last summer, and it was gut-wrenching. Just be kind to yourself. We invest a lot of love in our pets, and it definitely is painful to lose them. love you, sweetie.

• Thanks
I am not a very emotional person and I pride myself on my ability to keep things together, but bawling my eyes out at the moment. I hate this feeling.

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this — the last battle — can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close — we two — these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

— Unknown

I am not a very emotional person and I pride myself on my ability to keep things together, but bawling my eyes out at the moment. I hate this feeling.

dude, i got teary-eyed at my desk reading your post. it is normal, i think. Sometimes people act like our pets are only animals, but to me, our pets are like family members. I love my fur babies. I know you do too.

I had a good MDK pussy joke, but I will refrain lol. Hope the thought still cracked a smile! ;)

So sorry mdk. We all know we will to face it but when it happens, none of us are ready for it. Because of working with animal rescue and wildlife rehab, I've had to put down hundreds, including my own and damn, it never gets any easier.

The one thing that you can hold on to is that you're doing this for the cat and it is truly the ultimate act of love.

• Thanks
i am so sorry....it is the decision we make and the bargain we enter when we get a puppy or kitten....we will care for them the best we can and let go when that time comes....you will not be the first grown man to bawl over the loss of a beloved companion....

• Thanks

Forum List

Back