I agree with most political analyst, the GOP is in trouble

Of course you agree with the analysts. They are saying something you like to hear.

Reality, of course, is different. Reality tells us that no one knows whats going to happen in 2 years outside Divine Revelation. have you had any?

Reality tells us that we cant have a front runner until everyone is in. Is everyone in?

Reality tells us that Obama is incredibly weak and ineffectual as a leader. Has that changed?

Writing off the GOP before the primaries are really even starting is just absurd don't you think?

Jim is right if all the gop has to offer is Romeny and Newt as Presidental contenders.

If the GOP runs a decent candidate, Obama will be in trouble. A fair amount of his base is still pissed that he has continued a lot of GWB's GWOT policies and that he failed to get the public option in place. Plus there is no chance in hell he will get a single GOP vote.

However, the GOP seems intent to find a way to lose this one so who knows...

I disagree with that; A recent poll put his approval rating at 60 percent. There are more people in the US who identify themselves as red than blue...and he's getting 6 out of 10?

The repubs will run out of bullets or toes pretty soon.

I can't wait to see who they get behind. Its always great to hear the rationales from the extremists...

"We can't let good be the enemy of great"
"He's the best candidate in the field"
"He's not Obama"
"I never said I wouldn't vote for a pro-choice republican"

Let the tap dance begin.

If the GOP runs a decent candidate, Obama will be in trouble. A fair amount of his base is still pissed that he has continued a lot of GWB's GWOT policies and that he failed to get the public option in place. Plus there is no chance in hell he will get a single GOP vote.

However, the GOP seems intent to find a way to lose this one so who knows...

Oh, I think that "fair amount of his base" is coming home next year. The total batshitness of today's GOP will make sure of that.

Oh they're already starting to come home brother.

Of course you agree with the analysts. They are saying something you like to hear.

Reality, of course, is different. Reality tells us that no one knows whats going to happen in 2 years outside Divine Revelation. have you had any?

Reality tells us that we cant have a front runner until everyone is in. Is everyone in?

Reality tells us that Obama is incredibly weak and ineffectual as a leader. Has that changed?

Writing off the GOP before the primaries are really even starting is just absurd don't you think?

Since Obama is in campaign mode he doesn't have time to do his job. (less time for golfing)

This "The GOP is in trouble" BS is just an attempt by the media to depress the Republican vote.

Feeling down?

feeling20down.jpg

Jim is right if all the gop has to offer is Romeny and Newt as Presidental contenders.

Happily, all Jim does is parrot MSNBC. Like so many of his peers among the sadly naive left, he's ignoring the obvious:

Huntsman to attend major social-conservative forum

Huntsman stepped down as U.S. ambassador to China at the end of last month. Since then he traveled to South Carolina to meet with Nikki Haley, the state's popular GOP governor, as well as meeting with other Republican lawmakers, strategists and activists, as well as giving a commencement speech at the University of South Carolina. The state holds the first southern contest in the primary and caucus calendar.

Thursday Huntsman kicks off a five day campaign swing through New Hampshire, which holds the first primary in the road to the White House

The Tea Party will prove fatal to the GOP. It is a matter of time.

:lol::lol::lol:

An Actor in a film with a monkey named BONZO beat Carter.

You'd better hope for more of a liability that The Tea Party in 2012, particularly after the drubbing the Dems took in 2010.

You'd better hope for more of a liability that The Tea Party in 2012, particularly after the drubbing the Dems took in 2010.

he was also president of a union and had political experience.

his acting experience is the reason the rightwing still loves him even though he's the godfather of a good chunk of what's wrong with this country now.

he beat carter because of how many days counting the hostages time in iran?

different world. i don't see any reagans out there to save the right.

his acting experience is the reason the rightwing still loves him even though he's the godfather of a good chunk of what's wrong with this country now.

Hey chick it ain't the right that needs saving. The whole damn country needs saving from obie doodle and the American voter is waking up..

Hey chick it ain't the right that needs saving. The whole damn country needs saving from obie doodle and the American voter is waking up..

The Statist Democrats are in Damage control mode...they're panicing. Otherwise Jillian wouldn't give a shit

The only real front runner they have left in the race is Romney, the King of socialized health care. If he gets the GOP nomination, will the Tea Party hold their collective noses and vote for him.

And if I remember correctly, none of them were politcal hacks with a problem maintaining weight. Nor were any of them addicted to prescription drugs during their lives, to the best of my knowledge.

Do you have any threads to support your claim?
RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
Real clear shows Obama is down 8 points to be re elected
What you liberals fail to see is the magic number is in theory 50+.001%
we know its all about the delegates that each state has
I can tell you this, Obama has some serious problems in Florida and everyone knows how critical that state is

Back to the 50.001%
there are GOP contenders that will fall to the way side. As each contender falls he or she will pick up those votes
How many do you think Obama will pick up?

Thats alot to over come in 18 months when

Interesting Jillian. I have always theorized that Carter played Reagan as the Warmonger in the debates, and leading up to the election, in order to frighten the Iranians. He was hoping to convince them that if the hostages were still in Tehran when Reagan took office, Reagan was certain to attack Iran.

That was one of Carter's greatest concerns. He was determined to get the hostages out, one way or the other. Well, evidently Tehran was listening to the US Presidential debates. The hostages were released as he was giving his inauguration. So, the Iranians played to Carter's Warmonger message.

Still, as it turned out, he wasn't so far off, was he?

The only real front runner they have left in the race is Romney, the King of socialized health care. If he gets the GOP nomination, will the Tea Party hold their collective noses and vote for him.

And if I remember correctly, none of them were politcal hacks with a problem maintaining weight. Nor were any of them addicted to prescription drugs during their lives, to the best of my knowledge.

I can tell you this, Obama has some serious problems in Florida and everyone knows how critical that state is

Back to the 50.001%
there are GOP contenders that will fall to the way side. As each contender falls he or she will pick up those votes

Since you are new here, I will assume that you are not as dumb as you type. Please answer one simple question:

Will the Tea Baggers vote for Romney, the King of the health care plan?

I say they won't. They will be so frustrated, they will end up running their own candidate. Then all you % and calculations go out the door.

Back to the 50.001%

When what?

Actually you don't need a majority; just a plurality. In case you're wondering, a majority is 50+1; a plurality is more than anybody else. Scientists tell us that there are no run-offs in the general election.

I recommend...

voting_for_dummies.gif

Just having some fun....

Obama won Florida by 200,000 votes over McCain. He also pulled down 365 electoral votes. If he wins the states he won in 2008, he will have 358 electoral votes; Florida's 29 votes are important but not decisive.

I found this site; see for yourself:

2012 Electoral Map - Create Your Prediction!

Back to the 50.001%

Since you are new here, I will assume that you are not as dumb as you type. Please answer one simple question:

Will the Tea Baggers vote for Romney, the King of the health care plan?

I say they won't. They will be so frustrated, they will end up running their own candidate. Then all you % and calculations go out the door.

You're 100% right. I see some pragmatism rising in the tea party where a third will vote for Romney (best we can do); a third will want to draft someone else (best isn't good enough), and a third simply won't vote (vote is sacred).

I think Bachman is just flaky enough to run as a 3rd party candidate. If that happens; game over, 4 more years of Mr. Obama.

Romney is the only candidate with credibility and he was a weak runner up to McCain in 2008

If Reagan announced today you'd ignore his Bedtime For Bonzo movie, and focus on his union activity (denouncing-"Reds") and experience as Successful Republican CA Governor?

uh huh...:doubt:

:eusa_hand:

Interesting Jillian. I have always theorized that Carter played Reagan as the Warmonger in the debates, and leading up to the election, in order to frighten the Iranians. He was hoping to convince them that if the hostages were still in Tehran when Reagan took office, Reagan was certain to attack Iran.

That was one of Carter's greatest concerns. He was determined to get the hostages out, one way or the other. Well, evidently Tehran was listening to the US Presidential debates. The hostages were released as he was giving his inauguration. So, the Iranians played to Carter's Warmonger message.

Still, as it turned out, he wasn't so far off, was he?

The only thing that's far off is the topicality of your post.

Carter's greatest concerns were deflecting public outrage from the horrible mess of an economy, rampent crime, and an inneffectual military.

Good thing for Obama: He only needs to use enough smoke-and-mirrors to hide continuing economic malaise and the military blunder in Libya where, whether or not Quadaffi remains, he'll constantly be asked, "WTF were you thinking?"

Khadaffi will be captured, dead or both well before 2012 and that will give Obama TWO "evil doers" under his belt.

The economy will be on the upturn so they won't have that to bash against him with.

The base will be behind in in general FULL support by that time as well.

Something DRASTIC has to happen to derail Obama at this point, something like a 9/11, the WORST attack on American soil in US history. Only such incompetence could stop Obama at this point.

Forum List

Back