Hysterical CNBC

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
I enjoyed watching CNBC last night and seeing the bankers reacting hysterically to Obama's call for more regulation of the banks. The arrogance of these bankers is amazing. First they destroy the economy, then they react with shock when someone wants to regulate them.

I thought Maria Bartiromo was going to shoot herself in the mouth.

I hate these people as much as anyone, but we're not getting an economic recovery until they lend more.

Over time, we'll have more community banks and a return to local banking, but right now if we want job growth we can't tax those who will finance it.

I hate these people as much as anyone, but we're not getting an economic recovery until they lend more.

Over time, we'll have more community banks and a return to local banking, but right now if we want job growth we can't tax those who will finance it.

Chris is an idiot, don't bother telling him reality, he lives in NANA land.

I enjoyed watching CNBC last night and seeing the bankers reacting hysterically to Obama's call for more regulation of the banks. The arrogance of these bankers is amazing. First they destroy the economy, then they react with shock when someone wants to regulate them.

Is a mod gonna demand a link since Chris referenced something? Just curious?

One: Link?

Two: The bankers did NOT destroy the economy. Idiot. They are just the latest scapegoat for the progressives. How do you expect anyone (besides the rest of the drooling koolaiders) to take you seriously when you insist on spouting crap?

Two: The bankers did NOT destroy the economy. Idiot. They are just the latest scapegoat for the progressives. How do you expect anyone (besides the rest of the drooling koolaiders) to take you seriously when you insist on spouting crap?

Actually he does not NEED a link, read the rules, all he is required to do is acknowledge the source.

Actually he does not NEED a link, read the rules, all he is required to do is acknowledge the source.

Without a link, there is no point to discuss - other than Chris' idiotic ranting and, other than to point out that he's an idiot, there's not much else to add. :lol:

Without a link, there is no point to discuss - other than Chris' idiotic ranting and, other than to point out that he's an idiot, there's not much else to add. :lol:

The rules are clear all one need do is properly credit the source, there is no requirement for a link. Chris is an idiot, even with a link that would not change.

The arrogance of Obama is even more hysterical.

What gives any President the right to dictate terms to the private sector?

The gall of such an action in what is supposed to be a free society.

This isn't Venezuela....is it?

Last edited:

It will be if the left get their way. Even before Obama the left has wanted to control what we can and can not do and say.

It isn't Venezuela, yet. However, if the progressives have their way, we will be free to do as they tell us to do. Personally, I'm not keen on that plan.

It will be if the left get their way. Even before Obama the left has wanted to control what we can and can not do and say.

They've been trying to do it with the oil companies for years. I figured they were planning on causing a gas crisis and taking them over by August.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niJAkR_6tKQ]YouTube - Maxine Waters Wants To "Socialize" Oil Companies[/ame]

If you want to blame "bankers" for the financial meltdown, then blame the idiots that run the fed. It was the Fed's policy of artificially low interest and easy credit that caused this mess. Isn't it ironic that the one banker, Bernanke to be specific, who should be run out of town on a rail after being tarred and feathered is the one Obama is defending

For those remotely interested in understanding the current fiancial meltdown, I strongly advise the book: In FED we trust.

Simplisitically pinning this disaster on one policy or one party is a mistake.

For those remotely interested in understanding the current fiancial meltdown, I strongly advise the book: In FED we trust.

Simplisitically pinning this disaster on one policy or one party is a mistake.

Well of course the idiot Republicans that accepted Franks and Dodds spin are just as guilty, BUT those two drove the issue into the dirt. THEY and their party made the point of claiming all was fine, even going so far as to claim any new regulation would hurt the Industry weeks before the crash.

3 TIMES Dodds and Frank successfully thwarted attempts to rein in Freddy Fannie and the loan practices and stock market practices that lead to the crash. And the Fed Chairman is Guilty as well. 3 People we can name and point to.

If they - the bankers - do it again it will fuck you right over, you know that?

I think who did what to whom is a little bit fuzzy here. Nobody really knows exactly what was the cause of it. No documentary has been produced telling us exactly what transpired to cause the banking crisis...primarily because they really don't want you to know the exact reasons.

Hedgefunders, Arab Oil Shieks, and folks like George Sorros pulled their investments out of the market which started a chain-reaction that was timed to maximum effect in September 08' [The Democrats October Surprise]. With the tightening of lending practices by the Democrats in congress in 2007 it caused folks to start defaulting in large numbers. They couldn't refinance out of bad loans because they didn't qualify anymore. They were given loans that were more then the value of the home so their mortgage was under water. Most of the damage was in states like New York, New Jersey, California....wherever the market tends to swing wildly. Homes were suddenly worth less then the purchase price.

In the black community thousands got into homes that were way too expensive for them with ARMs and interest-only loans better known as Sub-Prime Loans back in 2005 and 2006. When the adjustable rate kicked in they abandoned their properties and the banks were stuck with the bill.

Obama keeps using class-warfare to attack banks encouraging another housing collapse in the near future.

He spent last December telling the banks to start lending....giving money to risky borrowers.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8412852.stm

Now he's bad-mouthing those banks saying they were the cause of the collapse when in fact Democrats and people that listened to them caused the damned thing in the first place.

He's setting up another housing collapse with his reckless rhetoric. He's encouraging a new wave of defaults.

Walk out on your mortgage.

Those Rich Fat-Cats had it coming to them!!!
:cuckoo:

He and his supporters caused the crisis to get him elected and used it to takeover the private sector...and he then turned around and blamed it all on Bush.

It's all total horse shit.

Last edited:
Yesterday he claimed he used TARP to bail out the banks to prevent a depression.:disbelief:

This is the first time he has admitted that he was in on TARP. That and the Stimulus Bill helped expand the deficit. So out of his own mouth he admits he helped cause the deficit.:omg:

I wonder if anyone is paying attention to this admission of guilt.:oops:

Last edited:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

pray tell who was it that caused this?

Forum List

Back