Hypocrites…

Liberals don't understand why any of this is a problem. They very much believe in the concept of "do as I say, not as I do." The Communists were the same way, railing against greedy capitalists, while owning luxury dachas on the Black Sea and getting driven around in well-heated limousines.

Dear Rustic
1. I heard on NPR an interview of Becky Beard (R) a state rep in Montana
The way she described it is global warming is happening as part of a natural cycle/forces.

I liked this explanation because it didn't deny that changes were happening,
but put them in perspective with other causes that occur in nature. So this seemed more inclusive to me
than taking one angle out of context with the others, and "blaming" people for not seeing it the same way.

There are many more contributing factors than just the ones being policed for political or financial convenience

2. I checked with Dr. Tom Wayburn of dematerialism.net who seemed to long give up on what it would take to save the planet, because people will not give up their capitalistic ways and freedom of lifestyle that it allows.

He said after looking into all the problems and solutions, all the research out there, he concluded there was nothing that humans could do to reverse or affect the damage by overconsumption of energy and resources
EXCEPT returning to the cave days of restricting human activity to when the sun is up, and shutting everything
down when the sun goes down. Then we could restore natural balance in life and on the planet.

And that ain't gonna happen.

3. I checked with a Libertarian with my meetup Constitution Group.

He said similar but with hope some developments might make a difference while we are here on the planet.

He said that even the reductions of activity proposed to address climate change,
these would not make a difference.
The bigger contributions come from things that cannot be changed,
such as the amount of people "tilling the soil" around the world at any given time.
That and other factors like that are more to blame for global warming/climate change
than just the emissions and other policeable restrictions that politicians push for media influence.

Unlike my friend Tom who has given up on people changing from capitalism to dematerialism,
the other friend had more hope that creating satellites might capture solar energy
in ways that could be more sustainable.

4. Lastly I have a friend who is independent business, claims to be more like a Nixon or Trump campaigner,
but is either liberal or some weird combination of fiscal conservative/social liberal, Catholic but doesn't use the Bible, States rights guy but doesn't care for the Constitution.

He proposed to redirect overflowing water from rising ocean levels
through pipelines to places in deserts such as the Grand Canyon
and create more dams generating hydroelectric power. The point is
to deal with the excess water, remove the salt and provide clean water,
and generate clean energy at the same time.

I think at this point, whether or not we can prove which factors contribute to warming and change,
the point is to find the most cost-effective natural energy sources and reduce the waste
we are dumping into land, air and oceans.

I don't think we need to agree on global warming, or judge anyone for their views on climate change,
to agree on cleaner more sustainable and cost effective production and processing of energy.

• Banned

Dear Rustic
1. I heard on NPR an interview of Becky Beard (R) a state rep in Montana
The way she described it is global warming is happening as part of a natural cycle/forces.

I liked this explanation because it didn't deny that changes were happening,
but put them in perspective with other causes that occur in nature. So this seemed more inclusive to me
than taking one angle out of context with the others, and "blaming" people for not seeing it the same way.

There are many more contributing factors than just the ones being policed for political or financial convenience

2. I checked with Dr. Tom Wayburn of dematerialism.net who seemed to long give up on what it would take to save the planet, because people will not give up their capitalistic ways and freedom of lifestyle that it allows.

He said after looking into all the problems and solutions, all the research out there, he concluded there was nothing that humans could do to reverse or affect the damage by overconsumption of energy and resources
EXCEPT returning to the cave days of restricting human activity to when the sun is up, and shutting everything
down when the sun goes down. Then we could restore natural balance in life and on the planet.

And that ain't gonna happen.

3. I checked with a Libertarian with my meetup Constitution Group.

He said similar but with hope some developments might make a difference while we are here on the planet.

He said that even the reductions of activity proposed to address climate change,
these would not make a difference.
The bigger contributions come from things that cannot be changed,
such as the amount of people "tilling the soil" around the world at any given time.
That and other factors like that are more to blame for global warming/climate change
than just the emissions and other policeable restrictions that politicians push for media influence.

Unlike my friend Tom who has given up on people changing from capitalism to dematerialism,
the other friend had more hope that creating satellites might capture solar energy
in ways that could be more sustainable.

4. Lastly I have a friend who is independent business, claims to be more like a Nixon or Trump campaigner,
but is either liberal or some weird combination of fiscal conservative/social liberal, Catholic but doesn't use the Bible, States rights guy but doesn't care for the Constitution.

He proposed to redirect overflowing water from rising ocean levels
through pipelines to places in deserts such as the Grand Canyon
and create more dams generating hydroelectric power. The point is
to deal with the excess water, remove the salt and provide clean water,
and generate clean energy at the same time.

I think at this point, whether or not we can prove which factors contribute to warming and change,
the point is to find the most cost-effective natural energy sources and reduce the waste
we are dumping into land, air and oceans.

I don't think we need to agree on global warming, or judge anyone for their views on climate change,
to agree on cleaner more sustainable and cost effective production and processing of energy.
I am for "all of the above" energy - it should be a personal choice.
No one should be telling anyone else what to think on so called "global cooling, global warming, climate change"...
If someone wants drive a Prius that gets 50-100 mpg and eat granola, leaves and roots... Fine
If someone wants to drive a musclecar that gets 2-5 mpg and eat red meat and potatoes… Fine
It is absolutely no one's else's business...

Forum List

Back