Husband Of The Year Award Winner

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
WAYNESBURG, Pa. -- A man charged with shooting his 17-year-old wife after a domestic argument was ordered to stand trial on criminal homicide and other charges.

At a preliminary hearing Wednesday, state police said James Russell Petrie, 27, of Richhill Township, Greene County, told them he was watching "Dr. Phil" on television when his wife came downstairs July 7 and also started watching the show.

Petrie said he asked his wife, Jessica, why there were still dirty dishes in the sink. She told him she would "get to them," angering her husband, who felt he was being ignored, police said.

That's when Petrie took a .22-caliber gun and shot his wife in the head, police said.

Jessica Petrie died about 10 hours later at Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, W.Va.

Petrie said he never meant to shoot his wife and was only trying to get her attention.

"I don't believe he knew the gun was loaded
," said defense attorney David DeFazio, who called the shooting a "tragic, senseless event."

At first, Petrie told investigators that he didn't think the gun was loaded, but he later said that he hadn't checked before pulling the trigger, police said.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/4838235/detail.html

---

I guess since he didn't know the gun was loaded and only put the gun to her head to "scare her", it is O.K.

Watching Dr. Phil? I wonder if it was a show about "Relationships in Trouble."

Abbey Normal said:
Next thing you know, the family will sue Dr. Phil, saying that some information on the show drove the husband to it.

If suing Dr. Phil will get him off the air, hey..

Sorry, but the man's an idiot. :)

Mr. P said:
Dr. Phil does tend to strike a nerve with those that have deep psychological problems, doesn't he?:dev1:

Ya know, you're right about that. I've seen several people react very "strongly" to his advise. :cuckoo:

GotZoom said:
That's when Petrie took a .22-caliber gun and shot his wife in the head, police said.

Petrie said he never meant to shoot his wife and was only trying to get her attention.

well i m betting he got her attention alright, plus some unwated too

Forum List

Back