• I I usually vote republican but will switch to democrat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I usually vote democrat but will switch to republican

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
How will your voting be impacted in the future?

I ususally vote democrat and will continue to do so

I usually vote republican and will continue to do so

I usually vote republican but will switch to democrat

I usually vote democrat but will switch to republican

I will continue to not vote. I will never vote Democratic, and since the GOP is way, way, way off the reservation, I have no choice but to not vote.

If you quote some Republicans in a vacuum without identifying them as Republicans, most people would swear the quote came from a liberal. Some of the things coming out of Ted Cruz's mouth are deep in red territory. He's a classic populist.

As an old school Republican conservative, I can longer vote in good conscience. My party is now completely schizophrenic.

Last edited:
I will continue to not vote. I will never vote Democratic, and since the GOP is way, way, way off the reservation, I have no choice but to not vote.

If you quote some Republicans in a vacuum without identifying them as Republicans, most people would swear the quote came from a liberal. Some of the things coming out of Ted Cruz's mouth are deep in red territory. He's a classic populist.

As an old school Republican conservative, I can longer vote in good conscience. My party is now completely schizophrenic.

thanks for the honest reply

Can't say I blame you. My own take is that I can't bitch if I don't vote, so I'll continue to vote alternate party. The current political system allows the two "major" parties to behave this way, and I don't see it changing until and unless our electoral system changes.

Can't say I blame you. My own take is that I can't bitch if I don't vote, so I'll continue to vote alternate party. The current political system allows the two "major" parties to behave this way, and I don't see it changing until and unless our electoral system changes.

why do you think a change to the electoral system will make a difference

Thank you for asking! That leads to my weekly rant!

1. Balanced Budget Amendment: Make each party defend and justify their tax & spend plans every goddamn day

2. Short, strict Term Limits: Does anyone think these people would behave the way they do if they were not having to run for re-election?

3. Publicly-funded Elections: Does anyone think these people would behave the way they do if they were not worried about pleasing their donors?

Remove the power from those who abuse it the most!

:rock:

I will vote for those who campaign on reducing the federal government and federal spending... if they do not follow thru, they will no longer get my vote in the next election.. if nobody in the next election promises that, I will abstain from that part of the ballot for voting

The government shutdown has not affected me at all.

However i think Obama is being an extra big baby dick by closing down momuments He doesn't have to do that.

Arizona has offered to use state funds to open the grand canyon but baby Barry says no like a spoiled child.

I normally vote Republican and will continue to do so.

I will continue to oppose the far right reactionaries in the Republican Party.

We will successfully open the primary process here in Utah, which will make the far right no more effective than their small numbers warrant.

Thank you for asking! That leads to my weekly rant!

1. Balanced Budget Amendment: Make each party defend and justify their tax & spend plans every goddamn day

2. Short, strict Term Limits: Does anyone think these people would behave the way they do if they were not having to run for re-election?

3. Publicly-funded Elections: Does anyone think these people would behave the way they do if they were not worried about pleasing their donors?

Remove the power from those who abuse it the most!

:rock:

got it. I thought you were refering to the electoral college and wasn't sure what you thought the benefit to changing that would be. agree with your other points

I will vote for those who campaign on reducing the federal government and federal spending... if they do not follow thru, they will no longer get my vote in the next election.. if nobody in the next election promises that, I will abstain from that part of the ballot for voting

remember obama promised to do that. in fact he said if he didn't reduce the deficite by half in his first term he did not deserver to be reelected.

We need to be holding these politicians to their promises.

remember obama promised to do that. in fact he said if he didn't reduce the deficite by half in his first term he did not deserver to be reelected.

Well yeah, he promised that on the campaign trail. Once in office he has worked hard to give away as much free shit to as many people as possible to cement his party's power.

I was a life long registered Democrat until 2008. Ron Paul changed that. I think both parties suck balls, but it will be an extremely rare instance if I ever vote for another Democrat.

Well yeah, he promised that on the campaign trail. Once in office he has worked hard to give away as much free shit to as many people as possible to cement his party's power.

I was a life long registered Democrat until 2008. Ron Paul changed that. I think both parties suck balls, but it will be an extremely rare instance if I ever vote for another Democrat.
i'm actually a registered democrat. i came from a family that was strongly republican, but in the 60's, i really liked what i heard the democrats saying . I soon realized what they were saying and what they were doing were two entirely different things. I think also the fanatics took over the party and the result is what I see today. I started to move over to the republican side in the 80's, primarily driven by my liking of a fiscal conservative strategy. They maintained that posture through Clinton, but unfortunately lost it with GWB in office. I can never support the democrats in anyway as long as they continue theri crusade against our rights, and weakening the constitution. That one action i find totally unforgivable.

i'm actually a registered democrat. i came from a family that was strongly republican, but in the 60's, i really liked what i heard the democrats saying . I soon realized what they were saying and what they were doing were two entirely different things. I think also the fanatics took over the party and the result is what I see today. I started to move over to the republican side in the 80's, primarily driven by my liking of a fiscal conservative strategy. They maintained that posture through Clinton, but unfortunately lost it with GWB in office. I can never support the democrats in anyway as long as they continue theri crusade against our rights, and weakening the constitution. That one action i find totally unforgivable.

While I say I was a registered Democrat, I need to quantify that with being a conservative Democrat. My parents were born in Oklahoma in the 20's, lived thru the depression and dad was a Marine in WWII. They were life long Democrats. But the Democrats from their day are not the Democrats of today. It seems that when I was a kid, everyone in Oklahoma was a DEmocrat. Today, we are the reddest state in the union and the only state where Obama didn't carry a single county. That tells you something of the kind of "Democrats" we have in Oklahoma. For the most part, they think the Washington Dems are from outer space.

I'm not going to vote anymore because the people in DC don't give 2 shits about us, if they did there wouldn't be millions of people missing a paycheck next week.

People like you gave obama a second term, I hope you are happy. :cuckoo:

I'm not going to vote anymore because the people in DC don't give 2 shits about us, if they did there wouldn't be millions of people missing a paycheck next week.

No one is going to be missing a paycheck. only 15% of the govt is shut down, the ones that obama calls non-essential. once this is over they will get their back pay, without working for it.

NO ONE is being hurt by this shutdown game. NO ONE

While I say I was a registered Democrat, I need to quantify that with being a conservative Democrat. My parents were born in Oklahoma in the 20's, lived thru the depression and dad was a Marine in WWII. They were life long Democrats. But the Democrats from their day are not the Democrats of today. It seems that when I was a kid, everyone in Oklahoma was a DEmocrat. Today, we are the reddest state in the union and the only state where Obama didn't carry a single county. That tells you something of the kind of "Democrats" we have in Oklahoma. For the most part, they think the Washington Dems are from outer space.

absolutely. and thats what i was getting at. I liked what the democrats had to say in the 60's. the message was great. but what those who got into power and who influenced those in power were initiating a totaly different game plan. it was the roots of this left wing mess we have today. the 60's brought the reactionary change to the democrats. those changes are what drove me away from the party

People like you gave obama a second term, I hope you are happy. :cuckoo:

Correction to the conclusion of Redfish. No, the hate and rage of the reactionary far right gave Obama the election in 2012. If we had run Santorum or others of his ilk, we would have lost almost every state.

Forum List

Back