How to win the drug war and stop the violence.

Lock up the gangs that sell the drugs.
Mandatory inpatient treatment of drug addicts.
Temporary incarceration of other drug users.
Fund these programs with money now used for ineffective programs.
Discuss.
that hasnt worked in the 40 yrs theyve been doing it,, so I dont see how keep doing it will change anything,,

one guaranteed way to achieve your goals is to make it legal and use taxs collected to help the addicted,,

thats almost exactly what has been happening since the beginning of the war on drugs,,
To my knowledge no street gang that distributes drugs has ever been arrested. And I don't know of any long-term treatment facility for addicts in operation. The streets are filled with both groups, operating openly.

I have no problem personally with drug use as long as I don't have to pay for law enforcement and drug treatment. Those who use drugs and those who support drug use should pay those costs.

Discuss.

How to win the drug war​

It really is quite simple, blow them up if they bring drugs by land or sea, or shoot them down if they bring drugs by air. If they know they could die, it will drive the prices so high, that no one can afford them,

1645999638506.png

To my knowledge no street gang that distributes drugs has ever been arrested. And I don't know of any long-term treatment facility for addicts in operation. The streets are filled with both groups, operating openly.
thats because you arrest people not gangs,,

and there are also thousand of rehab facilities around the country,, the problem is we are a free country and cant force people against their will to go to them or remain sober once they leave,,

as for your last statement both still exist because your idea doesnt work,, the only sure solution to reduce or stop violence os to make drugs legal and use taxs for treatment of those that ask for it,,

Gang members get arrested every day. Involuntary medical treatment hasn't been legal, except in extreme cases, and those being very temporary, since the '80s.

Start with closing the southern border where most of the drugs come in......but the demonRats won't do that because first .....they don't give a shit....and second they are too busy protecting borders in countries across the world.:dunno:

Start with closing the southern border where most of the drugs come in......but the demonRats won't do that because first .....they don't give a shit....and second they are too busy protecting borders in countries across the world.:dunno:
It is astounding the amount of stupid shit you clean people say because you have no idea of how this all works.

Discuss.
These are more of the same failed policies – which is why the ‘war on drugs’ is such a failure.

And the state can’t ‘mandate’ inpatient treatment for drug addicts; being addicted to drugs isn’t a ‘crime.’

These are more of the same failed policies – which is why the ‘war on drugs’ is such a failure.

And the state can’t ‘mandate’ inpatient treatment for drug addicts; being addicted to drugs isn’t a ‘crime.’
for once your premise is not a lie,,

good for you clayton,,

We can stop the violence by legalizing drugs, making them cheaper, and controlling the ability of rehab and clean use issues.

Just don't get greedy, like California, and tax the legal drugs to the point where illegal drugs actually remain a cheaper alternative.

Forum List

Back