How to tell the difference between a Democrat and an intelligent person...

I want to know what the damn dinosaurs tried to do to stop global freezing..........
Well we know that dinosaurs were certainly smarter than you.
They did have a better fashion sense..

Tell me... can you do what this describes?
View attachment 130676
I can try, but I'm too lazy...

Proves the point... democrats are all talk but too lazy to do the walk! Thanks for the proof!
Frankly I have no interest in the whole debate....I'm not a democrat and haven't been since 1988..Nor am I a republican, left that in 1982...But you create your fantasy scenarios to push your propaganda, I get a good laugh over it..

Well we know that dinosaurs were certainly smarter than you.

View attachment 130676

Proves the point... democrats are all talk but too lazy to do the walk! Thanks for the proof!
Frankly I have no interest in the whole debate....I'm not a democrat and haven't been since 1988..Nor am I a republican, left that in 1982...But you create your fantasy scenarios to push your propaganda, I get a good laugh over it..

Wow... you really put me in my place. But being too lazy is a characteristic of a sloth and I personally wouldn't want to admit that... but of course
you can with my permission!

View attachment 130676

Wow... you really put me in my place. But being too lazy is a characteristic of a sloth and I personally wouldn't want to admit that... but of course
you can with my permission!
Evidently you eat everything the same way every day and can't recognize sarcasm..

I have no idea, being it doesn't describe anything. It just babbles some nonsense about thermometers. Most of it is wrong, and the rest doesn't apply to anything.

Since you claim to understand it, and claim to be a man of courage, why don't you tell us, in your own words, what that image is talking about?

If you did understand it, that should be no problem for you. However, if you just parroted some cult nonsense you didn't understand, you'll have a major problem. We'll soon see, eh?

I have no idea, being it doesn't describe anything. It just babbles some nonsense about thermometers. Most of it is wrong, and the rest doesn't apply to anything.

Since you claim to understand it, and claim to be a man of courage, why don't you tell us, in your own words, what that image is talking about?

If you did understand it, that should be no problem for you. However, if you just parroted some cult nonsense you didn't understand, you'll have a major problem. We'll soon see, eh?

First these are FACTS. Not made up opinions or subjective observations but FACTS. And note you provided NO links. Where are your links?
Below information has links!
A) From 1880 to 1980s or nearly 100 years, mercury thermometers were the ONLY way to measure air temperature.
B) YOU nor most people can't distinguish the difference in the reading of 1.53ºF of a mercury thermometer.
C) If you were standing in 100º temperature looking at the thermometer could you tell the difference as the picture shows 100º from 98º because there were 2º steps.
D) Saying you read it at 98º...ok. Now you copy that down to a form. What happens next? Before computers these forms were mailed and then re-copied, and re-copied
before they were finally entered into the central readings.
E) So again I ask you how can the temperature observer with clear reading distinguish between 98º and 100º while standing in the heat or cold, then writing it down
with the observer's handwriting... then mailing to someone else to re-copy, and then re-copy... there are just TOO many chances for not only "reading" errors, but
simple re-recording errors. And this the is the primary basis for concluding the Earth has gained 1.53º since 1850?

That's why there are people like the following:
F) But two aspects of this system for measuring surface temperatures have long been worrying a growing array of statisticians, meteorologists and expert science bloggers. One is that the supposedly worldwide network of stations from which GHCN draws its data is flawed. Up to 80 per cent or more of the Earth’s surface is not reliably covered at all. Furthermore, around 1990, the number of stations more than halved, from 12,000 to less than 6,000 – and most of those remaining are concentrated in urban areas or places where studies have shown that, thanks to the “urban heat island effect”, readings can be up to 2 degrees higher than in those rural areas where thousands of stations were lost.
Climategate, the sequel: How we are STILL being tricked with flawed data on global warming

G) “The majority of weather stations used by NOAA to detect climate change temperature signal have been compromised by encroachment of artificial surfaces like concrete, asphalt, and heat sources like air conditioner exhausts,” Anthony Watts, a seasoned meteorologist and lead author of the study, said in a statement Thursday.
These “compromised” weather stations run hotter than stations that are well-sited, and are used by NOAA as a benchmark to make upward adjustments for other weather stations that are part of the agency’s official temperature record. Watts and his fellow researchers found only 410 “unperturbed” weather stations out of the 1,218 stations used by NOAA to determine U.S. climate trends. These “unperturbed” stations don’t need to be adjusted by NOAA because they had not been moved, had any equipment changes, or change in the time temperatures were observed.

EXCLUSIVE: NOAA Relies On ‘Compromised’ Thermometers That Inflate US Warming Trend
thermometerreadings70years.png

Jeff Foxworthy is a self-admitted dumbass. Conservative dumbos when you talk about other people's lack of intelligence you believe in a talking snake and a flying magical ginn. You REALLY don't see the humor in this?

/---- then refute what he said. You won't because you can't

You have to be kidding, start by looking at how many threads here are outraged at a fake photograph a comedian made. Conservatives never move on, they latch onto something like a pit bull fighting for it's life and they never let go. Threads like this are dumb where someone paints all those that believe as they do as saints who love the world. It's a big steaming pile.
/---- Still waiting for you to refute anything Foxworthy said. Waiting...........waiting.............waiting.

Jeff Foxworthy is a self-admitted dumbass. Conservative dumbos when you talk about other people's lack of intelligence you believe in a talking snake and a flying magical ginn. You REALLY don't see the humor in this?

/---- then refute what he said. You won't because you can't

You have to be kidding, start by looking at how many threads here are outraged at a fake photograph a comedian made. Conservatives never move on, they latch onto something like a pit bull fighting for it's life and they never let go. Threads like this are dumb where someone paints all those that believe as they do as saints who love the world. It's a big steaming pile.
/----- Conservatives never move on????? Seriously????? Are you implying that Liberals do move on????? How long have you guys been beating the Russia collusion scam???? Gloeball Warming scam???? Voter intimidation scam???? How long did you push ghey marriage???? We never move on???? Practice what you preach.
moonbat special.jpg

First these are FACTS. Not made up opinions or subjective observations but FACTS.

No, they're mostly made up opinions.

B) YOU nor most people can't distinguish the difference in the reading of 1.53ºF of a mercury thermometer.

Sure we can. Pretending otherwise is complete nonsense.

C) If you were standing in 100º temperature looking at the thermometer could you tell the difference as the picture shows 100º from 98º because there were 2º steps.

I can easily read a good thermometer to 0.2F accuracy. It's dishonest of you and your source to picture a crappy thermometer, which are not the type used at weather stations. If you were honest, you would have pictured a good thermometer.

You also don't understand the statistics of averages. And I won't bother to explaining it, as it requires a college freshman level of education to understand it.

but simple re-recording errors.

Such errors would have an equal chance of being up or down, and so would have no effect on the average.

And this the is the primary basis for concluding the Earth has gained 1.53º since 1850?

Yep. We appreciate our ancestors for being such good record-keepers.

So, your conspiracy theory there flopped hard. Got another debunked conspiracy theory for us? Oh look, you do.

and most of those remaining are concentrated in urban areas or places where studies have shown that, thanks to the “urban heat island effect”, readings can be up to 2 degrees higher than in those rural areas where thousands of stations were lost.
Rural stations show the same warming trend as urban stations. The data says your "it's the urban heat island effect" conspiracy theory is wrong, therefore your theory is wrong. It's that simple. But it won't matter, being that for you, this is all a religious belief, and you'll reject any data that challenges your faith. Now, on to your next debunked conspiracy theory.

The majority of weather stations used by NOAA to detect climate change temperature signal have been compromised by encroachment of artificial surfaces like concrete, asphalt, and heat sources like air conditioner exhausts,”

Those "bad" stations show the same warming trend as the good stations. So, that conspiracy theory also craters.

And before you scream about links as your way of evading, I'll post links to everything ... so long as you agree ahead of time that if I do, you'll just admit you were wrong. I've been through this dance too many times, so I know deniers always weasel when presented with links. No weaseling will be allowed.

First these are FACTS. Not made up opinions or subjective observations but FACTS.

No, they're mostly made up opinions.

Sure we can. Pretending otherwise is complete nonsense.

I can easily read a good thermometer to 0.2F accuracy. It's dishonest of you and your source to picture a crappy thermometer, which are not the type used at weather stations. If you were honest, you would have pictured a good thermometer.

You also don't understand the statistics of averages. And I won't bother to explaining it, as it requires a college freshman level of education to understand it.

but simple re-recording errors.

Such errors would have an equal chance of being up or down, and so would have no effect on the average.

And this the is the primary basis for concluding the Earth has gained 1.53º since 1850?

Yep. We appreciate our ancestors for being such good record-keepers.

So, your conspiracy theory there flopped hard. Got another debunked conspiracy theory for us? Oh look, you do.

and most of those remaining are concentrated in urban areas or places where studies have shown that, thanks to the “urban heat island effect”, readings can be up to 2 degrees higher than in those rural areas where thousands of stations were lost.
Rural stations show the same warming trend as urban stations. The data says your "it's the urban heat island effect" conspiracy theory is wrong, therefore your theory is wrong. It's that simple. But it won't matter, being that for you, this is all a religious belief, and you'll reject any data that challenges your faith. Now, on to your next debunked conspiracy theory.

The majority of weather stations used by NOAA to detect climate change temperature signal have been compromised by encroachment of artificial surfaces like concrete, asphalt, and heat sources like air conditioner exhausts,”
Those "bad" stations show the same warming trend as the good stations. So, that conspiracy theory also craters.

And before you scream about links as your way of evading, I'll post links to everything ... so long as you agree ahead of time that if I do, you'll just admit you were wrong. I've been through this dance too many times, so I know deniers always weasel when presented with links. No weaseling will be allowed.

Bullshit! YOU have no links if you did you'd post them when you said your unsubstantiated opinion!
As far as "weaseling"... you have done it right now with the links I provided! So bullshit. Give me FACTS not guesses on your part.
And I defy you to read a Mercury thermometer such as was used for decades to a .2ºF accuracy! YOU can't.
The scale on them was 2º increments. And you're telling me standing in -30º or 100+º you could distinguish .2º? Right there you immediately set yourself up
as a bullshitter!
Finally argue with this LINK ok?
The Metrology of Thermometers

This post is actually about the poor quality and processing of historical climatic temperature records rather than metrology.
My main points are that in climatology many important factors that are accounted for in other areas of science and engineering are completely ignored by many scientists:
  1. Human Errors in accuracy and resolution of historical data are ignored
  2. Mechanical thermometer resolution is ignored
  3. Electronic gauge calibration is ignored
  4. Mechanical and Electronic temperature gauge accuracy is ignored
  5. Hysteresis in modern data acquisition is ignored
  6. Conversion from Degrees F to Degrees C introduces false resolution into data.
Metrology is the science of measurement, embracing both experimental and theoretical determinations at any level of uncertainty in any field of science and technology. Believe it or not, the metrology of temperature measurement is complex.

thermometerproblems.png

Last edited:
Bullshit!

^ Triggered. Cultists don't react well when their religion is challenged.

YOU have no links if you did you'd post them when you said your unsubstantiated opinion!

I said I was willing to give you the links, if you were willing to admit you were wrong when I did. As I knew would happen, you didn't accept. You always want to leave yourself room to weasel.

As far as "weaseling"... you have done it right now with the links I provided! So bullshit. Give me FACTS not guesses on your part.[/
And I defy you to read a Mercury thermometer such as was used for decades to a .2ºF accuracy! YOU can't.
The scale on them was 2º increments. And you're telling me standing in -30º or 100+º you could distinguish .2º? Right there you immediately set yourself up
as a bullshitter!

Not a problem. You see, unlike you, I can always back up what I say with genuine facts, as opposed to links to kook conspiracy blogs.

On this type of thermometer, for example, I have no problem reading 1/5 of a graduation. Anyone with decent eyesight could if they get up close. If you can't, I pity your blindness, or perhaps your inability to estimate a fraction.

min-max-thermometer-226cm-d51.jpg

YOU have no links if you did you'd post them when you said your unsubstantiated opinion!

I have links for everything, as I just demonstrated. And I'll keep posting them, slowly. I want to keep stringing you along, so that you'll keep demonstrating the weasel-like nature of denier cultists.

No. You don't get to spam links to kook conspiracy blogs and then scream "REFUTE THIS OR I WIN!". That's the way of the coward and weasel. If you want to discuss something, then discuss it, with actual facts, not kook conspiracy blog posts. Try using scientific papers. I have lots. You have none. That's telling.

My main points are that in climatology many important factors that are accounted for in other areas of science and engineering are completely ignored by many scientists

And all your points were wrong. You have no evidence of any sort to back any of them up. You don't understand the temperature record, you've made that clear. You've just read kook blogs, and fallen under their spell.

Bullshit!

^ Triggered. Cultists don't react well when their religion is challenged.

I said I was willing to give you the links, if you were willing to admit you were wrong when I did. As I knew would happen, you didn't accept. You always want to leave yourself room to weasel.

As far as "weaseling"... you have done it right now with the links I provided! So bullshit. Give me FACTS not guesses on your part.[/
as a bullshitter!

Not a problem. You see, unlike you, I can always back up what I say with genuine facts, as opposed to links to kook conspiracy blogs.

On this type of thermometer, for example, I have no problem reading 1/5 of a graduation. Anyone with decent eyesight could if they get up close. If you can't, I pity your blindness, or perhaps your inability to estimate a fraction.

min-max-thermometer-226cm-d51.jpg

I have links for everything, as I just demonstrated. And I'll keep posting them, slowly. I want to keep stringing you along, so that you'll keep demonstrating the weasel-like nature of denier cultists.

No. You don't get to spam links to kook conspiracy blogs and then scream "REFUTE THIS OR I WIN!". That's the way of the coward and weasel. If you want to discuss something, then discuss it, with actual facts, not kook conspiracy blog posts. Try using scientific papers. I have lots. You have none. That's telling.

My main points are that in climatology many important factors that are accounted for in other areas of science and engineering are completely ignored by many scientists

And all your points were wrong. You have no evidence of any sort to back any of them up. You don't understand the temperature record, you've made that clear. You've just read kook blogs, and fallen under their spell.

YOU are a liar! You say you have "scientific papers" and links YET you are too cowardly to share or are there REALLY any links????

Now as for your thermometer!

Sorry but YOUR thermometer is not the official NOAA required thermometer as described in this document:
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/coop/Publications/coophandbook2.pdf
And by the way THIS IS an official NOAA document!

A KEY requirement as found in this publication on page 30...
"Thermometers are read and recorded to the nearest whole degree. " Not half a degree but whole degree!
Be sure that the line of sight from your eye to the top of the mercury or alcohol column is level.
If not, your reading will be too high or too low, as illustrated in exhibit 3.8.

This is where the major discrepancies can occur. Not all the time by all the thousands of volunteers are always on the correct line of sight.
officialNOAAthermometer.png

Finally who in the hell are YOU to say "all your points were wrong. You have no evidence of any sort to back any of them up."
I've put the links to the statements. Where are your links?

YOU are a liar! You say you have "scientific papers" and links YET you are too cowardly to share or are there REALLY any links????

Like I said I'm baiting you.. And being you're so stupid, I can tell you that upfront, and you'll still cooperate. You're here crying that I don't show you links. So I gradually show links, and I keep demonstrating that you'll weasel away when I do.

So, after getting your first argument debunked by a simple photo, you switched to a new argument. Instead of saying it can't be done, you're now declaring that guidelines say to do something else.

That is, you weaseled.

Like I said I'm baiting you.. And being you're so stupid, I can tell you that upfront, and you'll still cooperate. You're here crying that I don't show you links. So I gradually show links, and I keep demonstrating that you'll weasel away when I do.

So, after getting your first argument debunked by a simple photo, you switched to a new argument. Instead of saying it can't be done, you're now declaring that guidelines say to do something else.

That is, you weaseled.
Your thermometer is NOT the official thermometer as required by the http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/coop/Publications/coophandbook2.pdf
So it is still not correct.
"Baiting" "gradually" showing ? Where? You are a LIAR. YOU have NOT shown ONE link let alone "gradually". That makes your comment a LIE. Therefore you
are a LIAR and keep adding to the perception that you know nothing about which you are spouting your biased, uninformed opinion!
How about the founder of the Weather Channel and 1983 Broadcast Meteorologist of the Year, American Meteorological Society.

"Baiting" "gradually" showing ? Where? You are a LIAR. YOU have NOT shown ONE link let alone "gradually". That makes your comment a LIE. Therefore youare a LIAR and keep adding to the perception that you know nothing about which you are spouting your biased, uninformed opinion!

If you'd like to continue this discussion, do so in the Environment folder, as it was getting off-topic here even before you started crying "WAAAAA! YOU LIE!" at every bit of evidence.

"Baiting" "gradually" showing ? Where? You are a LIAR. YOU have NOT shown ONE link let alone "gradually". That makes your comment a LIE. Therefore youare a LIAR and keep adding to the perception that you know nothing about which you are spouting your biased, uninformed opinion!

If you'd like to continue this discussion, do so in the Environment folder, as it was getting off-topic here even before you started crying "WAAAAA! YOU LIE!" at every bit of evidence.

What does that thermometer read?

Forum List

Back