How To Survive The Toxic Relative

wah! No family is no family. Poking you is not poking family.

Tissue?
Yes, thank you. It is pretty sad to me that I have no family.

Would you like to go even lower?

You're welcome to eat Turkey with me and the rest of the orphans, Si.

I promise you that some of us can be nearly as annoying as family, too.
Thanks. I'm keeping busy feeding cops, firefighters, and other first responders/essential personnel on Thanksgiving, though. It works for me since my loss of them all.

Tissue?

:rolleyes: I am laughing at you for playing the victim. You do it well.
I'm glad my loss and their deaths, which does make me a bit of a victim, amuses you so much.

It exposes you so well.

Last edited:

I'm glad my loss and their deaths amuses you so much.

It exposes you so well.
:rolleyes:

If you honestly believe I was attacking your family, feel free to report me to the mods. Questioning them on the open forum like this is forbidden.

I do believe you would be the toxic one in the bunch, even among non-blood relatives.

I'm glad my loss and their deaths amuses you so much.

It exposes you so well.
:rolleyes:

If you honestly believe I was attacking your family, feel free to report me to the mods. Questioning them on the open forum like this is forbidden.

I do believe you would be the toxic one in the bunch, even among non-blood relatives.
I'm not questioning the mods. I'm simply amazed that you are so low. I lost all but one family member the Tuesday before Thanksgiving 2007. The last one to go, my father, died last Christmas.

And you think it's funny.

I think you're sick.

Where did I say it was funny?
Here:

Tissue?

[Emphasis added] Yes, I am a victim of a pretty damn tragic loss on one day.

Keep laughing, though.

.... And you claim Madeline twists words...you're one sick fuck.
And, keep projecting.

Where did I say it was funny?
Here:
[Emphasis added] Yes, I am a victim of a pretty damn tragic loss on one day.

Keep laughing, though.

.... And you claim Madeline twists words...you're one sick fuck.
And, keep projecting.
I am laughing at you for playing the victim. You brought up something that was never said or alluded to...you are, sadly, using your family...not I.

For thanksgiving its better for our sanity (mine and my husbands) to make 3 full blown turkey dinners and entertain on different days. One for my family. One for his family. And the really good one, the one for just us.

Well, since most of my blood relatives are toxic, I've gone for several years now with the "I just don't see them at all" method. In my book, your real family is the one you make for yourself. I make a nice, simple, stress-free turkey dinner at my house, with my husband and kids and friends, and give my mom and the other assorted toxics a call to wish them Happy Thanksgiving. Always works for me, and I've long since given up caring whether or not they're bothered by my unwillingness to be in their company.

This year could be a little unpleasant, since my daughter - who is an adult and is normally part of my toxic family's celebrations rather than mine - has asked if she can spend Thanksgiving with us, rather than going up to Phoenix with the others. I suspect, though, that since the house will be filled with my friends, most of whom she doesn't know, she'll be pretty subdued.

Your family is whomever you wish it to be. If the people you are related to are gone -- or you just wish they were -- gather your beloveds and enjoy. All love is a blessing, guys.

For thanksgiving its better for our sanity (mine and my husbands) to make 3 full blown turkey dinners and entertain on different days. One for my family. One for his family. And the really good one, the one for just us.

Thankfully, my last remaining relative I would consider "toxic" is having dinner on a different day - and one where we have a little time to make an obligatory appearance, but oh so unfortunately our schedule says we can't stay long. :D

I haven't really thought of anything we might need or want to do yet, but it will come to me. ;)

16633_1182672440162_1028735857_30444128_2075828_n.jpg

Forum List

Back