Man Incorrectly Told He Was Dying Spends Life Savings

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
(NEWSER) – Comedian Dave Ismay thought he was dying for 10 weeks, so he went about completing his "bucket list"—which included such extravagant entries as buying a $41,000 Mercedes—only to find out doctors got his diagnosis wrong. Ismay, who performed with English comic Bob Monkhouse for 20 years, was told liver cirrhosis would kill him in three months, but doctors later realized he actually has a treatable hereditary condition.
"To be told you only have three months left to live really focuses your mind and brings everything into perspective," Ismay tells the Daily Mail. His list included playing golf at Ireland's K Club, auditioning for a local pantomime production, and writing a book about his experiences with Monkhouse. He may have blown through his savings, but he also completed the book—so perhaps a book deal will restore some of his money.

781408-6-20101122114231.image

Man Wrongly Told He'd Die Soon Blows Life Savings - Docs said liver cirrhosis would kill Dave Ismay in 3 months ... oops

That's one helluva "whoopsie".

• Banned
He has no case, The Infidel. Medical malpractice anticipates that you are physically injured or killed because of negligence in diagnosis or treatment....not that you have an emotional outburst and spend all your dough.

His book might be worth a read, though. A real-live bucket list. I'm curious, ain't you?

He has no case, The Infidel. Medical malpractice anticipates that you are physically injured or killed because of negligence in diagnosis or treatment....not that you have an emotional outburst and spend all your dough.

His book might be worth a read, though. A real-live bucket list. I'm curious, ain't you?

No... not really.

I just think he should sue.

Its the American way right>

Forum List

Back