How to know the supporter of a bill?

Check the Senate and House websites - or specifically the elected as individuals. They usually keep their constituents current on what they have voted for.

Thanks but I want to know the organizations who actually support it
Why its not publicly accessible?

Thanks but I want to know the organizations who actually support it
Why its not publicly accessible?

Mmmm...not sure how to help you on that one. Lobbyists - at least a lot of them - are lawyers. Some of the really big law firms have government sections or departments. Some "issue" will come up (usually at the state or national level) that is going to affect a business, organization, industry ... whatever. These entities go straight to their lawyers with their concerns about why or why not this "issue" will have an adverse or positive effect. Investors and others are also aware of these "issues" and they call their lawyers who may or may not be clients of these same law firms. I'm not sure how all this information is gathered, assessed, or how final decisions are made but in the end, these lawyers will start lobbying their state and/or national representatives to vote "yea" or "nay" on the proposed bill that's going to decide which way that "issue" will turn out. That's the sort of simple answer. Sorry to be vague - while I did some minor clerical stuff on a volunteer overtime basis at peak times, I was never involved in the nitty-gritty technical stuff on a permanent basis.

Forum List

Back