How to Deal with Ultra-Left Academia

no I am saying that turn the other cheek makes more sense that throwing a hissy fit about a cross in a chapel.

so it's 'Christian appeasement' based on 'turning the other cheek?' Should the university put up the crescent and star? Star of David? hexagon? What would be good? Just removal, seems such a base way of going. Full sell out!

so it's 'Christian appeasement' based on 'turning the other cheek?' Should the university put up the crescent and star? Star of David? hexagon? What would be good? Just removal, seems such a base way of going. Full sell out!

What I am saying is that, as a Christian, I do not view the school's decision to remove the cross from the chapel anything of even miniscule importance to me and my own faith journey that it doesn't even make it on my radar. I have a sterling silver cross that I got when I was confirmed around my neck 24/7 in case I need to look at one. I think that any "Christian" who makes a big deal about symbols has "sold out" already.

What I am saying is that, as a Christian, I do not view the school's decision to remove the cross from the chapel anything of even miniscule importance to me and my own faith journey that it doesn't even make it on my radar. I have a sterling silver cross that I got when I was confirmed around my neck 24/7 in case I need to look at one. I think that any "Christian" who makes a big deal about symbols has "sold out" already.

and what I'm saying, if I was of a different religion persuasion, with different rules, I'd consider you have a deathwish. I'd happily agree.

and what I'm saying, if I was of a different religion persuasion, with different rules, I'd consider you have a deathwish. I'd happily agree.

I have a "deathwish" because I don't care to make a big deal out of the display of an icon?

whatever.:cuckoo:

I am not being obtuse...this is a tempest in a teapot... true Christians could care less about silly stuff like this.

I have no deathwish at all. I wish to live my life and my faith in my country. I do not expect everyone to worship my God.

I am not being obtuse...this is a tempest in a teapot... true Christians could care less about silly stuff like this.

I have no deathwish at all. I wish to live my life and my faith in my country. I do not expect everyone to worship my God.

You are saying that Christians have less need for passing on history/icons than others. That IS what you are saying. What YOU have is enough, f the future. The Islamicists are not so pansy.

You are saying that Christians have less need for passing on history/icons than others. That IS what you are saying. What YOU have is enough, f the future. The Islamicists are not so pansy.

so...you are suggesting that the continuance of Christ's mission and message here on earth is dependent upon the physical displays of crosses? Do you think that good works and reading and preaching the gospel are chopped liver without crosses everywhere?

Do you honestly believe that Jesus would make a big deal about a symbol, or would he worry more about whether or not you loved the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind....and that you loved your neighbor as yourself?

Tough call, I guess... and you would go with: crosses.

not me.

and I have to tell you, just so you know, I really don't like being referred to as a pansy... I find it offensive.

so...you are suggesting that the continuance of Christ's mission and message here on earth is dependent upon the physical displays of crosses? Do you think that good works and reading and preaching the gospel are chopped liver without crosses everywhere?

Do you honestly believe that Jesus would make a big deal about a symbol, or would he worry more about whether or not you loved the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind....and that you loved your neighbor as yourself?

Tough call, I guess... and you would go with: crosses.

not me.

Like all other history that needs to be passed on, Christianity has its icons, crosses and the Bible. The US has its Constitution, Declaration, Federalist Papers. The DNC has the Kennedy speeches, while the RNC has IKE and Reagan. We need the signposts. We, meaning people are seriously confused when the signposts are absent.

Like all other history that needs to be passed on, Christianity has its icons, crosses and the Bible. The US has its Constitution, Declaration, Federalist Papers. The DNC has the Kennedy speeches, while the RNC has IKE and Reagan. We need the signposts. We, meaning people are seriously confused when the signposts are absent.

I am seriously confused. Though I think the point is that some believe not all religions are being treated equally. Some are being asked to forgoe things that are important to their relgion in order to not offend the disposition of another religion. We are bending over backwards to appease some, while making every attempt to make sure that another is not offensive in some way.

wow....

I am guessing you don't go to church much. I am guessing you don't read the Bible very often.

Christianity needs the Bible because people need to be able to read and study the word of God but it does not NEED to have crosses displayed all over town. Like I said, I cannot imagine Jesus would condone making a big deal out of icons.... that would be like glorifying the pharisees who prayed loudly in the synagogue. Broadcasting piety is anything but Christlike.

I am seriously confused. Though I think the point is that some believe not all religions are being treated equally. Some are being asked to forgoe things that are important to their relgion in order to not offend the disposition of another religion. We are bending over backwards to appease some, while making every attempt to make sure that another is not offensive in some way.

What I am seeing, We, meaning US/West, are bending every which way for Islam. MSM refused to post the cartoons which created brouhaha. Now universities, religious/private universities are hiding cross/crucifix. No one, has a problem with Islam-public grammar schools are having Islam months of indoctrination. Colleges are welcoming Saudis, Jordanians, Palistinians, Pakistanianis, etc. All the while, they call for the annhilation of Israel and the end of 'the Great Satan.'

I By the way Adam's Apple, I am curious about your signature. Would you support using nuclear weapons in retaliation for a snowball attack, as the logic of your signature seems to imply?

That not what MacArthur had in mind, as I am sure you are totally aware.

Jesus suggested we turn the other cheek.... do we instead stick out our chests and demand to display OUR religious symbols while neglecting the symbols of other more recent arrivals to our lands? Is that really what Jesus would have us do?

Was Jesus turning the other cheek when he cleared the temple of the money changers? Where is the b.s. flag when you need it?

But getting back to the substance of the article--the posted article is about standing up to those who would rid college campuses of Christianity and its influence in the U.S. culture. What better place for eradicating the influence of Christianity and its symbols than in the schools where the purpose is to train up future generations?

Hasn’t getting rid of Christianity and its influence in the U.S. been a major goal of the ACLU for years? I am sure you read the part about this particular college president’s involvement with the ACLU at a high level (board member), and you purposely missed seeing the connection between the removal of the cross and the president's involvement in the ACLU. I doubt that your obfuscating posts will have the blinding effect that you hoped.

Was Jesus turning the other cheek when he cleared the temple of the money changers? Where is the b.s. flag when you need it?

But getting back to the substance of the article--the posted article is about standing up to those who would rid college campuses of Christianity and its influence in the U.S. culture. What better place for eradicating the influence of Christianity and its symbols than in the schools where the purpose is to train up future generations?

Hasn’t getting rid of Christianity and its influence in the U.S. been a major goal of the ACLU for years? I am sure you read the part about this particular college president’s involvement with the ACLU at a high level (board member), and you purposely missed seeing the connection between the removal of the cross and the president's involvement in the ACLU. I doubt that your obfuscating posts will have the blinding effect that you hoped.

I didn't purposely miss anything... I just don't think it is a big deal. The ACLU is a terrible organization until it represents some republican... in fact, it is an organization designed to protect ALL our rights.... it protects nazis and drug using conservative radio hosts as well as atheists.

and my point was: I do not think Jesus would want us to throw a fucking hissy fit about a cross.

in case you forgot, Jesus was a Jew, so I doubt that he would have cared then, nor cares now about such symbols without the works of faith that go before it.....

Agreed.

and are you suggesting that the cross in the chapel was there much like a objet d'art in a museum, and your issue is one of being upset at the removal of an historical exhibit, or are you suggesting that the cross is, in fact, a spiritual icon.

A cross is a symbol for Christianity, an icon that reminds us of the pivotal person and event of that religion. Such a symbol might be placed in a building for many reasons.

And if so.... I suggest, as I did before, that those Christians who feel compelled to be able to look upon the iconography of THEIR faith at every turn in life are pretty shallow petty Christians.

First, as already said, I would agree with this statement.

Second, however, I would also suggest that those people who demand never to look upon the iconography of any faith are but shallow atheists, whose opinions and desires should not be applied in publicly funded institutions.

That not what MacArthur had in mind, as I am sure you are totally aware.

I'm not asking what MacArthur thought, I'm asking if you see immediate and total escalation of the conflict as the logical conclusion of "as soon as there is a war do everything possible to destroy the enemy."

A cross is a symbol for Christianity, an icon that reminds us of the pivotal person and event of that religion. Such a symbol might be placed in a building for many reasons.

Second, however, I would also suggest that those people who demand never to look upon the iconography of any faith are but shallow atheists, whose opinions and desires should not be applied in publicly funded institutions.

and true Christians would NEVER throw a hissy fit about a symbol. And there would be NO reason for putting a cross on a building that would compel true Christians to lose sight of the great commandment of Jesus and care more about a cross than obeying it.

And I would certainly agree that people who are offended by crosses are shallow... but if they are taxpayers, they have some say as to what sort of symbology and iconography is placed upon buildings at their expense or even merely on buildings built and maintained at their expense....and I can only shake my head at them and pity them for not knowing the peace and serenity that comes from having a personal relationship with Jesus... and again.... not worry about it in the least, because, as I have said, I have a sterling silver cross around my neck... and I know that I will always be able to close my eyes and see the face of my risen Lord even if I NEVER see a cross in public again.

and true Christians would NEVER throw a hissy fit about a symbol. And there would be NO reason for putting a cross on a building that would compel true Christians to lose sight of the great commandment of Jesus and care more about a cross than obeying it.

And I would certainly agree that people who are offended by crosses are shallow... but if they are taxpayers, they have some say as to what sort of symbology and iconography is placed upon buildings at their expense or even merely on buildings built and maintained at their expense....and I can only shake my head at them and pity them for not knowing the peace and serenity that comes from having a personal relationship with Jesus... and again.... not worry about it in the least, because, as I have said, I have a sterling silver cross around my neck... and I know that I will always be able to close my eyes and see the face of my risen Lord even if I NEVER see a cross in public again.

Next those poor offended people will want to get rid of those pesky crosses that are all over Arlington National

There are even "offended" nuts who object to crosses at memorials in honor of fallen Policemen and members of the US military

We have wasted enough time trying to appease these people who go through life looking for things to be offended over

Forum List

Back