How they are working around the border wall now..........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Saw this on the news the other night. Seems that illegal crossings at the northern border from Canada are sharply on the rise. Canada recently revised their entry requirements, and all that is required traveling from Mexico to Canada is a entry fee.

A plane ticket and an entry fee is a hell of a lot cheaper (and safer) than paying a coyote 3,000 to smuggle you across the border.

If the southern border wall is gonna work, we're gonna need one at the northern border as well.

Illegal border crossings from Canada quietly rising, data shows

Border Patrol Agent Richard Ross, who runs the station in Newport, Vermont, part of the Swanton sector, told NBC News he thought the apprehensions were "definitely trending up." He added that the type of apprehensions agents were seeing were "very organized," sometimes using smuggling organizations.

Ross said he believed there may be a perception that traveling from Canada was "safer" and the increase could be attributed to recent immigration changes in Canada that allow those from some countries, such as Mexico and Romania, to enter without a visa.

He said some immigrants looking to get into the U.S. illegally could pay a few hundred dollars for a flight to Canada, pay a small electronic travel authorization fee and make their way into the United States.

Some smuggling agencies were "exploiting the fact that there's an easier way to make it legally into Canada and then that provides some clientele to then be smuggled into the U.S.," he said.

Thats a good point. Although i dont see how it is that easy with an airport and all. Im sure it still happens though. Idk maybe it is.
I absolutely do think we need to address overstays. Thats a big problem!
If we actually did what i want to do with immigration, those would stop as well.

Thats a good point. Although i dont see how it is that easy with an airport and all.
I absolutely do think we need to address overstays. Thats a big problem!
If we actually did what i want to do with immigration, those would stop as well.

Buy a ticket for 300 bucks, fly to Canada, then simply just walk across the border. Like I said, it's easier and cheaper than giving a coyote 3,000 to smuggle you across or via a tunnel. You fly in comfort to Canada, get off the plane, take an Uber to your crossing point of choice, walk across, and call another Uber to pick you up and take you wherever.

Have you ever seen the northern border? It's a line that is clear cut across the northern border, and is around 20 ft. across. That's it. And the forests on either side of the slash cut are pretty dense and thick, meaning easy to hide in after you cross the cleared part.

I would imagine most don’t have a credit card to even make a purchase online for a low cost ticket

We are part of the Canadian people' now, frostbitten refugee on road to recovery says

Razak Iyal and Seidu Mohammed walked into Manitoba from North Dakota on Christmas Eve
CBC News

February 09, 2017

razak-iyal-seidu-mohammed.png

Razak Iyal, 35, and Seidu Mohammed, 24, have hearings in March to determine whether they can stay in Canada after claiming refugee status. (CBC)
After all his fingers were removed because of severe frostbite, a Ghanaian refugee who walked into Canada seeking asylum on Christmas Eve says he's healing well though the pain still bothers him.

"It's going to be like that till it gets healed, so I'm used to it," said Seidu Mohammed, 24. "I think everything's going to be OK."

Forum List

Back