How The Trump Con Works

I've been studying con artists all my life. They have always fascinated me.

I spent over a decade debunking psychics, mediums, and all manner of paranormal bullshit before turning my attention to politics.

Without fail, I have found every con artist to be dumb as a bag of hammers, and Trump is no exception.

Where con artists differ from the rest of us is that they have no conscience. They are sociopaths.

The most powerful tool in the con artist's kit it the desire to believe on the part of the mark. 90 percent of any con takes place in the mark's head.

No amount of facts, counter-evidence, or logical persuasion can make a dent in the mark's desire to believe some of the most outlandish bullshit. If they want to believe grandma is speaking to them through the chain-smoking crone across the felt table from them, there is virtually nothing you can do or say to dissuade that belief. Trust me, I've tried valiantly for a really long time.

"I want to bleev, so it must be true!"

The second most powerful tool in the con artist's kit is to tell the mark exactly what they want to hear. They want to hear grandma is in heaven and happy and looking out for her grandkids from above. They want to hear a Trump replacement for Obamacare exists. They want to hear aliens are visiting from other worlds.

Every con artist perfects a particular hook. So I thought I would demonstrate Trump's particular hook.

Trump's hook is to make a bald assertion, then rely on the weak-minded to repeat that assertion, then to claim the assertion is true by virtue of how many people believe it.

An illustration:

TRUMP: The moon is made of WHITE AMERICAN cheese!

RUBES: The moon is made of White American cheese!

REPORTER: Mr. President, you don't actually believe the moon is made of cheese, do you?

TRUMP: Well, a lot of people say it is.

In my next post, I will explain how Trump expanded on this type of con in the Ukraine.
You failed to mention part of the con is to keep on repeating the lies so the dupes really believe it

Once you recognize a con man, it can be confounding as to why the marks can't see them for what they are. Once you recognize them, you begin to see a lot of "tells" that give them away, and yet the marks are totally blind to them.

A good book to read about this is the Psychic Mafia: https://www.amazon.com/Psychic-Mafia-M-Lamar-Keene/dp/1573921610&tag=ff0d01-20

A former con man psychic spills their secrets and how they laughed at the willful blindness of the rubes. I believe Trump also laughs with contempt at his true believers.

Trump has a lot of "tells".

For example, if Trump says something three times, you can bet your house he is lying.

Examples:

Link

Make no mistake,” the president said at one point, “this is a repeal and a replace of Obamacare, make no mistake about it. Make no mistake.”

The bill to which Trump was referring did not even repeal, much less replace, ObamaCare.

“I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Bleev me...Bleev me...Bleev me, folks." - Donald Trump, August 8, 2016

I spent over a decade debunking psychics, mediums, and all manner of paranormal bullshit before turning my attention to politics.

Without fail, I have found every con artist to be dumb as a bag of hammers, and Trump is no exception.

Where con artists differ from the rest of us is that they have no conscience. They are sociopaths.

The most powerful tool in the con artist's kit it the desire to believe on the part of the mark. 90 percent of any con takes place in the mark's head.

No amount of facts, counter-evidence, or logical persuasion can make a dent in the mark's desire to believe some of the most outlandish bullshit. If they want to believe grandma is speaking to them through the chain-smoking crone across the felt table from them, there is virtually nothing you can do or say to dissuade that belief. Trust me, I've tried valiantly for a really long time.

The second most powerful tool in the con artist's kit is to tell the mark exactly what they want to hear. They want to hear grandma is in heaven and happy and looking out for her grandkids from above. They want to hear a Trump replacement for Obamacare exists. They want to hear aliens are visiting from other worlds.

Every con artist perfects a particular hook. So I thought I would demonstrate Trump's particular hook.

Trump's hook is to make a bald assertion, then rely on the weak-minded to repeat that assertion, then to claim the assertion is true by virtue of how many people believe it.

An illustration:

REPORTER: Mr. President, you don't actually believe the moon is made of cheese, do you?

In my next post, I will explain how Trump expanded on this type of con in the Ukraine.

You are really a sick individual.
Clearly you are a legend in your own mind.

psy·cho·sis
/sīˈkōsəs/
Learn to pronounce
noun
plural noun: psychoses
  1. a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.

Reported for trolling.
Really, you just really can't defend the indefensible.
Michael Cohen explained how Trump doesn't give direct orders, how he talks in code. It's so obvious, but like g5 says, you don't want to see it.

An illustration:

You failed to mention part of the con is to keep on repeating the lies so the dupes really believe it
Proof by assertion

"The more I say it, the truer it becomes!"

An illustration:

So, what you are saying is that you are channeling Harry Houdini?

An illustration:

psy·cho·sis
/sīˈkōsəs/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.

Reported for trolling.
Michael Cohen explained how Trump doesn't give direct orders, how he talks in code. It's so obvious, but like g5 says, you don't want to see it.
Wow.

He talks in code.

How sad.

The second most powerful tool in the con artist's kit is to tell the mark exactly what they want to hear. They want to hear grandma is in heaven and happy and looking out for her grandkids from above. They want to hear a Republican replacement for Obamacare exists. They want to hear aliens are visiting from other worlds.

An illustration:

Trump: "Unemployment is at record low rates and millions of people are off Food Stamps!"

American Workers: "Thank you, Mr. President! Things are finally looking up for me!"

Reporter: "Mr. President, why do you hate the poor?"

Trump: "I don't. My policies have helped the poor more than my predecessor's."

Reporter: "Well, a lot of people we've talked to don't believe that."
Trump was elected on third base, and he has the marks believing he hit a triple.

All the heavy lifting was done before he showed up.

Meanwhile, Trump is doing everything he can to sabotage the economy with his failed tariff war and excessive spending. GDP growth has plummeted to 1.9 percent, which Trump himself said meant "The economy is in deep trouble" when that happened on Obama's watch.

trump-2019-highest-number.jpg

Once you recognize a con man, it can be confounding as to why the marks can't see them for what they are. Once you recognize them, you begin to see a lot of "tells" that give them away, and yet the marks are totally blind to them.

A good book to read about this is the Psychic Mafia: https://www.amazon.com/Psychic-Mafia-M-Lamar-Keene/dp/1573921610&tag=ff0d01-20

A former con man psychic spills their secrets and how they laughed at the willful blindness of the rubes. I believe Trump also laughs with contempt at his true believers.

Trump has a lot of "tells".

For example, if Trump says something three times, you can bet your house he is lying.

Examples:

Link

Make no mistake,” the president said at one point, “this is a repeal and a replace of Obamacare, make no mistake about it. Make no mistake.”

The bill to which Trump was referring did not even repeal, much less replace, ObamaCare.

“I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Bleev me...Bleev me...Bleev me, folks." - Donald Trump, August 8, 2016

He's a bomb on Politifact: All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

An illustration:

psy·cho·sis
/sīˈkōsəs/
Learn to pronounce
noun

Reported for trolling.

Run and tell mommy ;)
The problem that you AND g have is that you think that ANYONE can get into Office and not be a "part" of the system. Now take g's you know what out of your mouth and grow up.

An illustration:

psy·cho·sis
/sīˈkōsəs/
Learn to pronounce
noun

That he is. He thinks he's the smartest guy in any room and everyone else is dumber than a box rocks.

For a "con artist" Trump is doing a great job. UE is the lowest its been in 50 years. The economy is doing great and there are jobs all across the country.

I'll take his "con job" every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Yeah. G is quite the con man himself. LOL

Now that I have shown you how Trump's con works, you won't be able to miss it when he does it again.

If you hear him repeat something three times, watch out!

And watch for his catchphrase, "A lot of people are saying..."

Some of the logical fallacies used on this forum and by Trump:

Appeal to Emotion: In order to get support for a piece of legislation, a politician will do something I satirize with "Roll out the cancer lady!" We saw this during the ObamaCare debate. A pathetic creature is shoved into the spotlight in an attempt to tug at the heartstrings and guilt people into supporting the cause. We see other politicians stand on the dead bodies of the victims of terrorism to get people to support domestic spying or waterboarding. This is a very commonly used logical fallacy.

Straw Man: One of the most commonly employed logical fallacies. "Demopubs hate America and want to see it destroyed!" If you see this employed frequently on your favorite "news" channel, you are very likely watching a propaganda network.

Argument From Ignorance: Making a claim and then expecting someone to prove it isn't true. How often have you seen someone make a claim and then when asked for evidence, they reply, "Do your own research!" That's an argument from ignorance. Claims must be supported by the person making the claim.

Politician's Syllogism: This fallacy usually takes the form:
1. We must do something.
2. This is something.
3. Therefore, we must do this.

This makes the false assumption the "solution" is better than the problem. For example, let's say brain surgeons have a 3 percent malpractice rate. Then a circus clown comes along and says, "Brain surgeons are causing too many serious injuries. It's a disaster. Something needs to be done about this. Therefore, I should take over brain surgery."

Fallacy of the Excluded Middle: Also knows as False Dilemma, also known as a False Dichotomy. A proposition is offered which suggests there are only two alternatives, when in fact there are three or more. Example: "If you don't support Trump, you must be a Democrat." Example: "If we don't tax the rich more, we will go deeper into debt." Example: "You're either for us, or against us."

Argumentum ad Populum:: The belief that the more people who agree on something, the truer it becomes. "98 percent of people believe the moon is made of cheese. Therefore, the moon is made of cheese." A very common argument used in politics by demagogues. "A lot of people agree with me, so I am right."

Ad Hominem: Ad homs are more than just simple name calling. An ad hominem is when facts are dismissed simply because the source is not popular. It is not always incorrect to dismiss a claim from a source if that source has been proven to put out misinformation or lies in the past. If you keep going back to a source that is well known to lie, I often like to say, "Stop getting back in line for a refill of your piss cup." :) An improperly used ad hominem would be, "She's fat, old and ugly. Look at these pictures of just how fat and ugly and old she is. Therefore, whatever she says is wrong."

Tu Quoque: This is by far the most popular logical fallacy on this forum. The moment a topic is started which shows a politician in a negative light, the Tu Quoque Brigade rides into town to divert the topic into a discussion about someone entirely different of the opposite party. "Two wrongs make a right". If a politician is caught having sex with a donkey, and someone attempts to defend that politician by bringing up something another politician of the opposite party did, that is a Tu Quoque fallacy, and one has to wonder why someone would employ it to defend the donkey fucker. If, on the other hand, a person is found to have excused a donkey fucker of one party, but then later starts a topic intended to attack a donkey fucker of the other party, that is hypocrisy and anyone pointing it out would be right to do so. Unfortunately, very few people understand the difference between using a Tu Quote fallacy and pointing out hypocrisy.

Hasty Generalization is a big one around here. "Here's a story about a Demopub caught fucking an iguana. Therefore, all Demopubs are iguana fuckers."

Confirmation Bias: Remembering the "hits" and forgetting the "misses". Actively seeking out news stories which align with one's belief system, while denying or ignoring the majority which do not.

This problem is enhanced by the fact that only negative events make the news, while non-events do not.

For example, let's return to our brain surgeons and circus clown. 97,000 successful surgeries do not make the news. But 3,000 failed ones do, and that is all the circus clown and his followers talk about. Every time a brain surgeon makes an error, that gets big air play until the circus clown has a lot of people convinced that brain surgeons are a menace to society and that brain surgery would be better done by circus clowns.

Every time a brain surgeon makes a mistake, the propaganda outlets scream it loud and far and wide, with doom music to add a little Appeal To Emotion. "Haul out the coma lady! These brain surgeons are trying to destroy America!!!"

Argument From Authority: The mistaken idea that someone who is well-informed in one field is an authority in a completely different field. "He's a very successful casino owner, so what he says about the Supreme Court is true."

Argument from Inertia: Magical thinking. The more often you repeat something, the truer it becomes, no matter how many times it has been proven wrong. Usually because it is too painful to admit one's belief system is wrong.

Appeal to Emotion: In order to get support for a piece of legislation, a politician will do something I satirize with "Roll out the cancer lady!" We saw this during the ObamaCare debate. A pathetic creature is shoved into the spotlight in an attempt to tug at the heartstrings and guilt people into supporting the cause. We see other politicians stand on the dead bodies of the victims of terrorism to get people to support domestic spying or waterboarding. This is a very commonly used logical fallacy.

Straw Man: One of the most commonly employed logical fallacies. "Demopubs hate America and want to see it destroyed!" If you see this employed frequently on your favorite "news" channel, you are very likely watching a propaganda network.

Argument From Ignorance: Making a claim and then expecting someone to prove it isn't true. How often have you seen someone make a claim and then when asked for evidence, they reply, "Do your own research!" That's an argument from ignorance. Claims must be supported by the person making the claim.

1. We must do something.
2. This is something.

This makes the false assumption the "solution" is better than the problem. For example, let's say brain surgeons have a 3 percent malpractice rate. Then a circus clown comes along and says, "Brain surgeons are causing too many serious injuries. It's a disaster. Something needs to be done about this. Therefore, I should take over brain surgery."

Fallacy of the Excluded Middle: Also knows as False Dilemma, also known as a False Dichotomy. A proposition is offered which suggests there are only two alternatives, when in fact there are three or more. Example: "If you don't support Trump, you must be a Democrat." Example: "If we don't tax the rich more, we will go deeper into debt." Example: "You're either for us, or against us."

Argumentum ad Populum:: The belief that the more people who agree on something, the truer it becomes. "98 percent of people believe the moon is made of cheese. Therefore, the moon is made of cheese." A very common argument used in politics by demagogues. "A lot of people agree with me, so I am right."

Ad Hominem: Ad homs are more than just simple name calling. An ad hominem is when facts are dismissed simply because the source is not popular. It is not always incorrect to dismiss a claim from a source if that source has been proven to put out misinformation or lies in the past. If you keep going back to a source that is well known to lie, I often like to say, "Stop getting back in line for a refill of your piss cup." :) An improperly used ad hominem would be, "She's fat, old and ugly. Look at these pictures of just how fat and ugly and old she is. Therefore, whatever she says is wrong."

Tu Quoque: This is by far the most popular logical fallacy on this forum. The moment a topic is started which shows a politician in a negative light, the Tu Quoque Brigade rides into town to divert the topic into a discussion about someone entirely different of the opposite party. "Two wrongs make a right". If a politician is caught having sex with a donkey, and someone attempts to defend that politician by bringing up something another politician of the opposite party did, that is a Tu Quoque fallacy, and one has to wonder why someone would employ it to defend the donkey fucker. If, on the other hand, a person is found to have excused a donkey fucker of one party, but then later starts a topic intended to attack a donkey fucker of the other party, that is hypocrisy and anyone pointing it out would be right to do so. Unfortunately, very few people understand the difference between using a Tu Quote fallacy and pointing out hypocrisy.

Hasty Generalization is a big one around here. "Here's a story about a Demopub caught fucking an iguana. Therefore, all Demopubs are iguana fuckers."

Confirmation Bias: Remembering the "hits" and forgetting the "misses". Actively seeking out news stories which align with one's belief system, while denying or ignoring the majority which do not.

This problem is enhanced by the fact that only negative events make the news, while non-events do not.

For example, let's return to our brain surgeons and circus clown. 97,000 successful surgeries do not make the news. But 3,000 failed ones do, and that is all the circus clown and his followers talk about. Every time a brain surgeon makes an error, that gets big air play until the circus clown has a lot of people convinced that brain surgeons are a menace to society and that brain surgery would be better down by circus clowns.

Every time a brain surgeon makes a mistake, the propaganda outlets scream it loud and far and wide, with doom music to add a little Appeal To Emotion. "Haul out the coma lady! These brain surgeons are trying to destroy America!!!"

Argument From Authority: The mistaken idea that someone who is well-informed in one field is an authority in a completely different field. "He's a very successful casino owner, so what he says about the Supreme Court is true."

Argument from Inertia: Magical thinking. The more often you repeat something, the truer it becomes, no matter how many times it has been proven wrong. Usually because it is too painful to admit one's belief system is wrong.

More bull shit. Brought to you by the self styled smartest guy in any room.

What a dweeb. LOL

An illustration:

Your side is really getting desperate. You need to face the fact—Mr. Trump won the election fair and square, and your candidate lost.
And what candidate would that be?

Yeah, Trump won. Because there are tens of millions of gullible rubes and he had no problem exploiting their weaknesses, just as he has done his entire life.

That does not take away from the fact he is a con artist and has fooled, and continues to fool, idiots like yourself.

The New York Times exposé/audit of financial documents and tax records of Fred Trump and family (over 100,000 documents spanning 40+ years of Trump businesses and two years in the writing of the article) shows that Donald learned from the best, Fred Trump, supreme con man.

For those who doubt, the article has many of the documents online, if one cares to actually LEARN something about Trump besides what he blats out at rallies.

Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

1. We must do something.
2. This is something.

For example, let's return to our brain surgeons and circus clown. 97,000 successful surgeries do not make the news. But 3,000 failed ones do, and that is all the circus clown and his followers talk about. Every time a brain surgeon makes an error, that gets big air play until the circus clown has a lot of people convinced that brain surgeons are a menace to society and that brain surgery would be better down by circus clowns.

What a dweeb. LOL

More trolling.
You Trumptards really are a bunch of losers.

You fall into this category: Ad Hominem: Ad homs are more than just simple name calling. An ad hominem is when facts are dismissed simply because the source is not popular.

Care to actually defend your Dear Leader, or just troll?

Poisoning the Well: "The iguana fucker who hates America was on TV last night, and said..."

Moving the Goalposts: "Give me ONE example of a Demopub sneezing in public." Evidence is then presented of a Demopub sneezing in public. "Not good enough. Give me ONE example of a Demopub sneezing in public while juggling saucers!"

Red Herring: An attempt to hijack a discussion. Person A: The President just shot someone on Fifth Avenue. Person B: What about the House Speaker's open canker sores!?!

An illustration:

psy·cho·sis
/sīˈkōsəs/
Learn to pronounce
noun

That he is. He thinks he's the smartest guy in any room and everyone else is dumber than a box rocks.

For a "con artist" Trump is doing a great job. UE is the lowest its been in 50 years. The economy is doing great and there are jobs all across the country.

I'll take his "con job" every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Yeah. G is quite the con man himself. LOL

The con artist inherited a booming economy with unemployment dropping steadily for years.
The economy is doing pretty well right now- but how much better would it be if it weren't for Trump's import taxes on Chinese goods, and steel and aluminum from almost everywhere?
Trump has not managed to screw up the economy like he has done to so many of his businesses yet.

An illustration:

The problem is you’re preaching to the choir.

Trump cult members aren’t going to read your posts; and if they do, they’ll remain willfully ignorant.

The ultimate success of the con is the desire of those conned to be conned.

Indeed, for most Trump cult members, they’re willful participants in the con – such is their desire for Trump to be successful.

1. We must do something.
2. This is something.

What a dweeb. LOL
I don't know if I am the smartest guy in any room, but I am definitely smarter than Trump. Way smarter.

Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest, and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault.

trump-iq.jpg

Forum List

Back