How old is too young to arrest?

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
When I first heard of this story, I held off posting it. I believed there may be more to the story than we were getting. School resource officer fired after arresting 6-year-olds

No. What I had read was accurate. A cop literally arrested a six year old. I am talking handcuffs, fingerprints, and detention at the Juvenile Facility. Worse, it was actually two six year olds.

So a couple questions after the cop was fired for violating policy. When you need a policy that tells you that arresting six year old kids is wrong, you have a serious lack of common sense in the people who are cops. The questions. First how old is old enough to arrest. Second. Would you want this cop with that level of stupidity working in your community?

To answer the OP, it depends on what happened.

When I first heard of this story, I held off posting it. I believed there may be more to the story than we were getting. School resource officer fired after arresting 6-year-olds

No. What I had read was accurate. A cop literally arrested a six year old. I am talking handcuffs, fingerprints, and detention at the Juvenile Facility. Worse, it was actually two six year olds.

So a couple questions after the cop was fired for violating policy. When you need a policy that tells you that arresting six year old kids is wrong, you have a serious lack of common sense in the people who are cops. The questions. First how old is old enough to arrest. Second. Would you want this cop with that level of stupidity working in your community?
Perhaps the answer is to arrest the parents or maybe the teacher depending on circumstances.

To me, if the law had to be dialed it shouldn't have been done until permission from the parents was present.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

When you arrest someone, you deprive them of liberty for the purposes of bringing them before a court.

33 states have no minimum age of prosecution, of the rest, the lowest is 7 and the highest is 10. Common law holds that 10 is the minimum age for prosecution.

If a minor can't be prosecuted, their arrest would be unlawful.

Would you want this cop with that level of stupidity working in your community?
Apparently hes black. Why do you hate black people?

Curious. Just last night when talking to a new employee. I told him I Don’t care. When a question of color comes up. I do not care. Religion? I don’t care. Where are you from? I don’t care. Who do you sleep with? I do nor care. The philosophy that best describes my approach is the Wiccan Rede. As long as you harm none, do what you will.

I object to police abuses no matter who the victim is, no matter who the cop is.

Forum List

Back