How much of the worlds energy will solar make in 2030?

Given our 'Conservatives' brilliant record of prediction concerning the 2012 election, I find their predicitons on percentage of solar as part of the total energy package quite entertaining.

Solar requires a lot of oil, coal, natural gas, to manufacture what will be the largest in 1000's of square miles power plant.

Imagine all the money to be made, by big greedy banks that lend all the government guaranteed money.

Watch all these loans go bad, resulting in another bank bailout.

U.S. Solar Market Insight SEIA

The U.S. installed 1,330 MW of solar photovoltaics (PV) in the first quarter of 2014 to total 14.8 GW installed capacity, enough to power 3 million homes. In another significant development, Q1 2014 was the largest quarter ever for concentrating solar power

That is 74% of the new generation installed in the first quarter of this year.

U.S. Solar Market Insight SEIA

The U.S. installed 1,330 MW of solar photovoltaics (PV) in the first quarter of 2014 to total 14.8 GW installed capacity, enough to power 3 million homes. In another significant development, Q1 2014 was the largest quarter ever for concentrating solar power

That is 74% of the new generation installed in the first quarter of this year.
Homes, what about industry, oh yea, solar is to weak to supply industry, so solar can keep my beer cold while I am not home opening the refrigerator, during the day.

Notice how the quote states "installed caoacity", meaning what is installed is different then electricity delivered.

During a drought we have water to divert to solar, billions of gallons to manufacture, cool, and for the year round cleaning of solar.

Who would of imagined all the green energy jobs were going to be window washing of mirrors and panels.

So high tech

Forum List

Back