How many times have we ALL told each other to "leave if you dont like it here"?

We're not President.
So rules for thee and not for me?

Really?
I expect more and better from the President of the United States than some drunk guy screaming in a bar.

There really is nothing wrong with dignity, intelligence and professionalism. Those are not bad things, and they can be displayed regardless of a person's positions on the issues. It's not one or the other.

• Banned
There really is nothing wrong with dignity, intelligence and professionalism. Those are not bad things, and they can be displayed regardless of a person's positions on the issues. It's not one or the other.

I don't disagree but there is also nothing wrong with speaking your mind and not PRETENDING to be something you're not.

I don't disagree but there is also nothing wrong with speaking your mind and not PRETENDING to be something you're not.
Well, I agree that he's not pretending to be something that he's not.

He definitely is running with what he is.

We're not President.

Really?
I expect more and better from the President of the United States than some drunk guy screaming in a bar.

I’ll take the guy at the bar over the bullshit you call professional politicians.

I've always thought it was a stupid thing to say to someone.

It basically says that you like it here and don't want change, so you want the other person to leave rather than fight against injustice or problems.

We're not President.

Really?

I’ll take the guy at the bar over the bullshit you call professional politicians.
I know.

I've been told it hundreds of times from Canadians who are angry that I complain and rat out their undercovers. I understand their perspective, I'd be the same if I were a naive person, or a government patsy. I feel I am different than the Squad though, because I am fighting as a regular citizen, but I am not in a position of government. If I worked for the government, especially as an elected politician, I would obviously accept my nation, or I wouldn't subject myself to working there like a lowly worm when I disagree with their policies.

Americans aren't perfect, but you have far less to apologize for than most countries. You still keep your head up even as you have 100k a month illegally entering, and everyone trying to exploit your economy.

It basically says that you like it here and don't want change, so you want the other person to leave rather than fight against injustice or problems.
It's shallow, fourth-grade level thinking. I'd be embarrassed for anyone who blurted that out, let alone the "leader of the free world".

We're not President.

Really?

Gentlemanly decorum has gotten the Republicans nowhere with the current crop of Democrats. It's refreshing to see one who speaks his mind, and doesn't care what anyone - especially the Democrats - thinks about it.

Would that the rest of them would pick up on his cues.

It's shallow, fourth-grade level thinking. I'd be embarrassed for anyone who blurted that out, let alone the "leader of the free world".
This is Mac setting up his eventual support for WHICHEVER Dem candidate wins the primary despite railing against them for the past few months.
You're no peach Mac

We're not President.

Really?

Gentlemanly decorum has gotten the Republicans nowhere with the current crop of Democrats. It's refreshing to see one who speaks his mind, and doesn't care what anyone - especially the Democrats - thinks about it.

Would that the rest of them would pick up on his cues.
Since I don't play the partisan politics game, I don't drop my standards based on the letter after a politician's name.

I expect professionalism, dignity, respect, decorum and thoughtfulness from our elected "leaders".

Those qualities don't preclude an intelligent adult from advocating for what they believe in. That's a crock.

I think this country has been dropping its standards across the board for long enough.

It’s like you invite someone to your home, and they start pointing out all the things better at their place and your decorations are racist, the food sucks and the bar doesn’t have the right Booz in it.

You tell them to go home.

This is Mac setting up his eventual support for WHICHEVER Dem candidate wins the primary despite railing against them for the past few months.
You're no peach Mac
I'm sure not. Otherwise, see post 18.

Forum List

Back