How many Electoral Votes

total EV for Trump?

• less than 270

• 270-280

• 281-290

• 291-306

Results are only viewable after voting.
If EC respects the US Constitution and the voters will, then yes.

Besides prison has been waiting for Hillary way too long.

upload_2016-12-17_20-54-36.png

He'll get 306.
i am hearing that two from Oregon may vote for Trump

According to the supreme court they don't have that option. Electors are acting as agents of the States via the winning party in that State, it is not a discretionary position.

FindLaw's United States Supreme Court case and opinions.
That is not entirely correct.

Faithless elector - Wikipedia

According to the Blair case a state can hole electors accountable and/or replace them should they fail to pledge for a specific candidate. Not all states have laws that bind electors. In this case, Oregon does have a faithless elector law:

ORS 248.355 - Selection of presidential electors - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes

That law, however, does not seem to have any enforcement options to it. If the electors pledge to Trump and then vote otherwise I do not see any repercussions to that action.

He'll get 306.

According to the supreme court they don't have that option.

awe,,,shucks!!!,,,but d list celebrities sure seem to think that anyone can change their minds
Whatever they may think is not relevant - most electors CAN change their minds. That is how the system works.

It is rare though as most electors are chosen from the winning party. How much of a future do you think such faithless electors have in said party?

He'll get 306.

According to the supreme court they don't have that option. Electors are acting as agents of the States via the winning party in that State, it is not a discretionary position.

According to the Blair case a state can hole electors accountable and/or replace them should they fail to pledge for a specific candidate. Not all states have laws that bind electors. In this case, Oregon does have a faithless elector law:

That law, however, does not seem to have any enforcement options to it. If the electors pledge to Trump and then vote otherwise I do not see any repercussions to that action.
The Oregon electors are pledged to hilly.

He'll get 306.

They could be subject to any State maleficence or betrayal of public trust laws. Electors voluntarily agree to the party rules to support the nominee of the party when they enter their names to become electors and if their party wins, they are bound by those rules. They would have no defense for not following the rules.

He'll get 306.

The Oregon electors are pledged to hilly.
Excuse the misstatement.

He'll get 306.

They could be subject to any State maleficence or betrayal of public trust laws. Electors voluntarily agree to the party rules to support the nominee of the party when they enter their names to become electors and if their party wins, they are bound by those rules. They would have no defense for not following the rules.
They could be.

Again, I do not see the statute that would apply to them. I am not saying that it is or is not there - just that I do not see any actual legal connection with the law I cited and what happens when an elector breaks that pledge.

Enough to send wasserface diving back into the bottle....

Forum List

Back