How many Different State Finacial Rankings are there?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I found multiple rankings based on funded, unfunded and contingent liabilities are the most solid metrics followed by high net worth migration rates, job migrations, real estate market problems and what looks like several other metrics I do not understand are also being used in the warring lists, which ones do you use?

I found multiple rankings based on funded, unfunded and contingent liabilities are the most solid metrics followed by high net worth migration rates, job migrations, real estate market problems and what looks like several other metrics I do not understand are also being used in the warring lists, which ones do you use?
Yeah, I pay close attention to how well states have funded their public employee pension programs. Some of them are in deep shit.

I also look at their muni bond liabilities. Some of those are in deep shit, too. The fucking evil fucks on Wall Street have wound them up in so many interest rate swaps and inverse floaters and other exotic shit, we won't know how bad they are until they blow up.

Last edited:
Yeah, I pay close attention to how well states have funded their public employee pension programs. Some of them are in deep shit.
It is criminal how those have been mismanaged and misappropriated. Promises were made by people with full knowledge that they could not deliver. How do the get away with that shit?

It is criminal how those have been mismanaged and misappropriated. Promises were made by people with full knowledge that they could not deliver. How do the get away with that shit?
Because the promises they make are to people who won't retire for 20 or 30 years, long after the liar has retired himself and is laughing his ass off on the links with all the other old liars.

A promise today is a vote today. The negative consequences of that promise are deferred. It's a political tactic as old as the hills.

When you increase benefits and/or decrease contributions, that shit doesn't blow up until 30 years later.

The politicians absolutely depend on the ignorance of the rubes.

With kickbacks to the heads of the PSUs/CSUs is the short answer.

The longer answer is lots of criminal and civil lawsuits punctuated with suicides and murders will answer your question.

I actually agree with you for once. They know they won’t be around when they come due.
Because the promises they make are to people who won't retire for 20 or 30 years, long after the liar has retired himself and is laughing his ass off on the links with all the other old liars.

A promise today is a vote today. The negative consequences of that promise are deferred. It's a political tactic as old as the hills.

When you increase benefits and/or decrease contributions, that shit doesn't blow up until 30 years later.

The politicians absolutely depend on the ignorance of the rubes.

Forum List

Back