How long till govt sticks its nose into the huddle of the NFL? Obama opines

Another Obama hack attack thread.

Obama said football will have to change. Everyone agrees that football must police itself or face more potentially bad press.

Also, keep in mind it was congress that got involved with policing baseball and steroids.

And who first purposed that in his State of Union speech? Um....

Oh, yeah.... W.

You made my point for me despite your effort to discredit me.

Congress did not belong in baseball yet they saw fit to dive right in. So answer my question...how long till football winds up a govt issue?

Isn't it already? Taxpayers fund their stadiums.

Those are local ballot issues designed to draw revenue to your cities and you typically get to vote on them. That is a far cry from trying to control the game

You made my point for me despite your effort to discredit me.

Congress did not belong in baseball yet they saw fit to dive right in. So answer my question...how long till football winds up a govt issue?

Isn't it already? Taxpayers fund their stadiums.

Those are local ballot issues designed to draw revenue to your cities and you typically get to vote on them. That is a far cry from trying to control the game

And there is no indication there will be.

Do you believe something should be done?

President Obama says football 'will probably (have to) change' to reduce head injuries - NY Daily News

What's next? Nascar drivers racing with RC cars rather than real ones? Seriously. Drivers and sometimes spectators die during races. Football? I don't remember ever seeing a death.

Not to suggest the sport isn't dangerous but everyone knows that going in. Isn't that partially why they are paid so much?

Obama said football will have to change. Everyone agrees that football must police itself or face more potentially bad press.

Also, keep in mind it was congress that got involved with policing baseball and steroids.

Oh, yeah.... W.

have you ever seen obama throw a baseball? that man could use a shot of steroids before he tosses out his next first pitch

Did you read the article? What he said was that people who love the game are probably going to have to think about changes. He proposed no laws or even suggested the government was going to step in. He's a fan with an opinion on this one. Nothing more. Not everything is a catastrophy.

Then why should anyone consider changing the game? When the president starts throwing opinions like that around, it's only a matter of time until the drones launch a campaign to make it legally enforced.

Obama also claimed he didn't want to take anyone's guns.

President Obama says football 'will probably (have to) change' to reduce head injuries - NY Daily News

What's next? Nascar drivers racing with RC cars rather than real ones? Seriously. Drivers and sometimes spectators die during races. Football? I don't remember ever seeing a death.

Not to suggest the sport isn't dangerous but everyone knows that going in. Isn't that partially why they are paid so much?

Oh, yeah.... W.

The federal government has no business getting involved in either sport.

Did you read the article? What he said was that people who love the game are probably going to have to think about changes. He proposed no laws or even suggested the government was going to step in. He's a fan with an opinion on this one. Nothing more. Not everything is a catastrophy.

in 2008 he also told us he fully supported the 2nd amendment. Biden went even further saying no one was going ot take his guns. now they are trying to take ours

Every word that comes out of Dim's mouth is a lie.

Yet, they are always telling us we can trust them.

Of course I read it. That's why my title says HOW LONG until....

I read the title too. I also read your post.

Because Obama has an opinion about football. He probably also has an opinion about washing your feet. How long before there is a federal foot police? What's next? FBI agents checking your dental records to make sure you brush after every meal.

That would be just as ridiculous as having body fat measured, forcing people to buy certain light bulbs or buying low flow toilets. Ooops, they are already set to force those things. Seriously, nothing is out of the question. Once they started down that road where they force us to purchase things and regulate the crap out of everything, I bet in the future there will be a bill that imposes limits on tackling in football.

:eusa_hand: how much are the lowest paid players paid? How much brain surgery will that pay for after they retire?

Army Chief of Staff, NFL commissioner sign letter formalizing TBI initiative | Article | The United States Army

If NFL players are suffering extensive brain damage, as appears to be the case, the government won't have to stick their nose in the NFL. There won't be an NFL after all of the civil lawsuits by former and current NFL players, and the family members of deceased NFL players.

If NFL players are suffering extensive brain damage, as appears to be the case, the government won't have to stick their nose in the NFL. There won't be an NFL after all of the civil lawsuits by former and current NFL players, and the family members of deceased NFL players.

They sign waivers BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE RISKS

Forum List

Back