How is a PHYSICAL ACTIVITY considered speech and thus protected?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Burning a flag.
Political contributions.
Etc...

If I burn something in my front yard I am subject to local laws & ordinances. If I burn a flag in the middle of the street I am somehow protected under a clause that was never intended to cover such activities. Technically I need a damn permit to have an open fire in my own back yard.
Is it considered free speech if I piss on a cop car because I disagree with government intrusion?

We have twisted the constitution so much it's not funny.

• Banned
On top of all that most flag burnings lately have taken place in the middle of large crowds. Crowds wearing FLAMMABLE CLOTHING. How the hell is that not a violation of public safety?

I don't think the fabric dye and nylon in burning flags has been approved by the EPA for safe breathing

• Banned
To me, I guess that it all depends on why you are doing whatever it is that you are doing.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What other reason to burn a flag would there be.......unless the flag is made of material that the person who burns it is allergic to. Throwing it away though in my opinion would be sufficient enough, but of course, I can only speak for myself.

Forum List

Back