How hard would it be to get the U.S. out of the UN?

Or at least kick UN headquarters out of New York City
Just have to sack up and do it.

They certainly aren't any good for Americans.

They go all out to subvert Democracy in America, even. (ICLEI)

This doesn't qualify for a proper OP in the politics forum.

The u s could easily leave the UN. The question is whether or not we actually should. Our position on the u s security council is one of the main sources of our international authority. Without that position, We would have a lot less power to enforce sanctions on countries, And we would also be pulling out of many of the treaties that benefit us that only apply to UN members.

Or at least kick UN headquarters out of New York City
It remains in the US interests to remain in the UN.

However, relocating UN headquarters to a location where UN operations are taking place seems to make much more sense than having them in NYC. Cairo, Nairobi, Beirut, etc... all are better choices. Let the ambassadors see first hand the issues that they are debating. I think it would be good for them.

President Trump DID pull us out of the W.H.O. and stopped funding them. That was a HUGE step in leaving the UN.

Ofcourse biden jumped us right back in again & paid all the "back dues" that Trump wouldn't give them.

Trump also pulled us out of the paris climate accord...and president dumb fuck threw us right back in it.

I represent pittsburgh...not paris!

trump7AA.jpg

Super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Of course we won't. Despite many Americans' worry that the UN is going to be some one world government, the reality is that the UN is just a front for US imperialism. It's purpose is to get countries do what the US wants while creating the illusion that all countries had free choice.

Super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Of course we won't. Despite many Americans' worry that the UN is going to be some one world government, the reality is that the UN is just a front for US imperialism. It's purpose is to get countries do what the US wants while creating the illusion that all countries had free choice.
The UN has become a rubber stamp for big multinational corporations and the numerous governments they control, along with full support for US imperialism.

why are you deciding imperialism? Imperialism and colonialism did a lot of good around the world.
Everything you know is wrong. I was once dumb like you. thank God I got informed and hopefully you will too, when you grow up.

Here is some excellent reading for you. If you read this book, your IQ will skyrocket. I guarantee it.

"Silent Coup: How Corporations Overthrew Democracy"
The United States, like many industrialized countries, has undergone a corporate coup d’état in slow motion, cementing into place a system of control the political philosopher Sheldon Wolin calls inverted totalitarianism. Inverted totalitarianism retains the institutions, symbols, iconography, and language of the old capitalist democracy, but internally corporations have seized all the levers of power to accrue ever greater profits and political control. Claire Provost and Matt Kennard in their book “Silent Coup: How Corporations Overthrew Democracy,” chart the way the corporate coup d’état was orchestrated. It examines the use of an international legal system to control and plunder the resources in the developing world, including the overthrow of governments that challenge corporate dominance. The authors expose the nefarious alliance between Non-Profit organizations and corporations, one that prioritizes profit rather than justice. They document the weakening of labor laws and evisceration of worker’s protections and rights. To enforce this predatory behavior corporations have not only created, in essence, a global supreme court but raised and funded private mercenary militias to crush labor movements and intimidate and even murder activists. The subversion of democracy abroad is accompanied, the authors argue, by the subversion of democracy at home. The mechanisms of control to plunder the developing world are being used in the industrial world.

Everything you know is wrong. I was once dumb like you. thank God I got informed and hopefully you will too, when you grow up.
You ignore the fact that I'm a 56-year-old American and World History teacher.

It remains in the US interests to remain in the UN.

However, relocating UN headquarters to a location where UN operations are taking place seems to make much more sense than having them in NYC. Cairo, Nairobi, Beirut, etc... all are better choices. Let the ambassadors see first hand the issues that they are debating. I think it would be good for them.

Your solution is predicated on the idea they actually care about any of that.

Forum List

Back