How does raising taxes help our situation?

Is raising taxes a good idea?

• Total voters
All complete nonsense. Ive neve said any of that. As usual you like to make shit up to argue about.

Find a post by me stating those things or take your make believe arguments and return to your Sesame Street.

Put up or shut up

Show me your cuts, as I asked.

You never give a stance like I said in my post. You claim to be about "cutting spending" so you can balance a budget, but you never show where you will do it. Then you attack people (like RP) when they tell you where it's needed if it comes to the military. No you don't say you support the wars, you just don't support cutting the Trillions it takes to keep them going while helping bankrupt our country.

So again, where would you cut to balance the budget, unless you will admit you don’t really care about a balanced budget.

And btw your thread is a trolling hack thread, who really needs a poll on this shit.

I have been posting here long enough that if your head wasnt so far up your own ass you would know my positions. Your too busy licking your own nuts to see what ive stood for and I honestly couldnt care less. If you want to know, research my history boy. Otherwise suck it some more.

In the mean time, enjoy your time with TM on ignore. Your a perfect couple.

Just here to call you out on your bullshit thread and you jumped ship, lol.

Don't wana raise em taxes but won't end them wars... Nice, lol.

It will pay down the debt.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

You know, the national debt. The thing right-wingers pretend to care about. The thing right-wingers blame Obama for increasing because they can't (yet) blame him for increasing taxes.

Show me a proposal currently supported by Obama or ANY Democrat in office that actually pays down the debt. All the ones being discussed only reduce projected deficits and all include adding to our debt.

You know, the national debt. The thing right-wingers pretend to care about. The thing right-wingers blame Obama for increasing because they can't (yet) blame him for increasing taxes.

Show me a proposal currently supported by Obama or ANY Democrat in office that actually pays down the debt. All the ones being discussed only reduce projected deficits and all include adding to our debt.

Asterism assumes that I oppose the GOP because I support the Dems. Asterism also assumes that I even oppose the GOP; you'll notice I levy criticism primarily at right-wingers. Nevertheless, yes, there is a workable plan supported by some Democrats (and Republicans) to pay down the debt.

The Simpson-Bowles Commission Report (pdf)

Simpson-Bowles Commission met with widespread bipartisan support

Dick Durbin, Kent Conrad, Mike Crapo, and Tom Coburn all supported Simpson-Bowles.

You can't support no taxes yet support massive spending like you do Graps.

Christ almighty your as dense as some of our left wing posters on here.

I dont support massive spending you fucking nitwit. I called for discretionary spending to be frozen at pre 2008 levels. Mandatory spending to be offset by across the board cuts to all programs.

Now stfu and go back to sucking on Ron Pauls Tit.

I dont support massive spending you fucking nitwit. I called for discretionary spending to be frozen at pre 2008 levels. Mandatory spending to be offset by across the board cuts to all programs.

And you just supported Ron Paul's plan to balance a budget lol... Now attack him for telling you the cuts needed on military haha...

No it won't. We already borrow 43 cents of every dollar we spend. We have a spending addiction. If we were to increase taxes, do you honestly believe that it would go towards the debt or do you think politicians would say, "oh look, more money to spend". If you think it would go to pay the debt, I have a bridge to sell you. First, prove that you can cut back to spend only that which you take in and no more and then we can see about increasing taxes to help speed up paying the debt. But with that being said, dangling more money in front of a reformed politician is like taking a reformed alcoholic into a bar. It just isn't a good idea.

I read what you wrote. Its completely cynical. But its a compelling argument . . . to a certain demographic.

I just turned 30 this year. How old are you? I bet much older. I am not willing to let the baby boomers off the hook. They bled this country dry and are leaving our generation with a debt hangover. You think you can blame the politicians for this generational theft? Try again. I know exactly who to blame. Hint: not Ron Paul or his core followers, but the tag-along 40-50 something Tea Partiers.

In the meantime, raise taxes and cut spending.

And you just supported Ron Paul's plan to balance a budget lol... Now attack him for telling you the cuts needed on military haha...

So fucking what. There are rare times I agree with a position Obama takes. Does that mean Im going to support him? Idiot, go play with your lego's

So fucking what. There are rare times I agree with a position Obama takes. Does that mean Im going to support him? Idiot, go play with your lego's

Give me you cuts list you tawt, stop playing your little "I wana be conservative" game. If you say "cuts across the board" show me where and a general amount saved... Then when you fail to balance the budget tell me RP is a kook for doing what you will fail at doing, living within our means.

No it won't. We already borrow 43 cents of every dollar we spend. We have a spending addiction. If we were to increase taxes, do you honestly believe that it would go towards the debt or do you think politicians would say, "oh look, more money to spend". If you think it would go to pay the debt, I have a bridge to sell you. First, prove that you can cut back to spend only that which you take in and no more and then we can see about increasing taxes to help speed up paying the debt. But with that being said, dangling more money in front of a reformed politician is like taking a reformed alcoholic into a bar. It just isn't a good idea.

I read what you wrote. Its completely cynical. But its a compelling argument . . . to a certain demographic.

I just turned 30 this year. How old are you? I bet much older. I am not willing to let the baby boomers off the hook. They bled this country dry and are leaving our generation with a debt hangover. You think you can blame the politicians for this generational theft? Try again. I know exactly who to blame. Hint: not Ron Paul or his core followers, but the tag-along 40-50 something Tea Partiers.

In the meantime, raise taxes and cut spending.

You dont blame politicians but you do blame everyday average Americans for our current disaster?

WOW

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Asterism assumes that I oppose the GOP because I support the Dems. Asterism also assumes that I even oppose the GOP; you'll notice I levy criticism primarily at right-wingers.

You are incorrect.

Nevertheless, yes, there is a workable plan supported by some Democrats (and Republicans) to pay down the debt.

The Simpson-Bowles Commission Report (pdf)

Simpson-Bowles Commission met with widespread bipartisan support

Dick Durbin, Kent Conrad, Mike Crapo, and Tom Coburn all supported Simpson-Bowles.

That proposal does not pay down the debt. It proposes to reduce the deficit only.

The bottom line on Figure 16 shows this:

Debt Held by the Public: 9,031 10,133 11,200 11,952 12,497 13,004 13,522 13,987 14,380 14,779 15,164

The debt goes up each and every year under this plan. That is not paying down the debt, not one bit.

Last edited:

Give me you cuts list you tawt, stop playing your little "I wana be conservative" game. If you say "cuts across the board" show me where and a general amount saved... Then when you fail to balance the budget tell me RP is a kook for doing what you will fail at doing, living within our means.

Imma cut this argument because your an idiot

Hows that for a cut? FUCK OFF

It won't create jobs
It won't spur economic growth
It won't convince companies to bring back overseas jobs
It won't balance our budget since its spent before its collected
It will create division among the people
It won't stop ATM's from stealing our jobs
It won't help end the wars
It won't make our enemies fear us
It won't make our friends like us
It won't fix the broken housing market
It won't drive up consumer spending

It will make liberals feel better

Beyond that I see 0 upside

It will increase revenue.

It won't create jobs

why would you lie and say spending doesn't create jobs?

what doesn't create jobs is austerity... when private industry creates job and government cuts them.... people remain out of work.

as for the rest, whining about our "enemies fearing us" and "friends liking us" is kind of stupid and beside the point.

want to know what doesn't create jobs? tax cuts. or else we'd have had the best job growth in the world over the past 10 years.

any more bubbameitzers you want to make up?

Imma cut this argument because your an idiot

Hows that for a cut? FUCK OFF

Shocking, never once could you live up to what you claim to be... yet you started a bullshit thread aimed at nothing but stiring up shit.

It won't create jobs

It will increase revenue.

That is the assumption but many times tax increases result in less revenue so who knows. It would certainly drive money out of the States.

Seems to be a few who cant defend the tax issue so I guess its time to change the subject of the thread eh?

ScreenHunter_04-Jan.-24-12.32.jpg

It won't create jobs

why would you lie and say spending doesn't create jobs?

what doesn't create jobs is austerity... when private industry creates job and government cuts them.... people remain out of work.

as for the rest, whining about our "enemies fearing us" and "friends liking us" is kind of stupid and beside the point.

want to know what doesn't create jobs? tax cuts. or else we'd have had the best job growth in the world over the past 10 years.

any more bubbameitzers you want to make up?

We just spent a trillion. WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

Forum List

Back