How do you....

It could be done with a plank, placing a fulcrum under your neck. An assistant places weights on the plank until you balance. If your total weight is known, the weight of your head can be calculated.

Water displacement is the only way I can think of.

^^^^^ That.

If you fill a bucket with water (or, in Radio's case, beer) and weigh it, then stick your head in it, and weigh it again... that gives you the weight of your head. I did not know that till today. :lol:

^^^^^ That.

If you fill a bucket with water (or, in Radio's case, beer) and weigh it, then stick your head in it, and weigh it again... that gives you the weight of your head. I did not know that till today. :lol:
I have a rock and a balloon that displace the same amount of water...

^^^^^ That.

Actually, I was thinking of filling a tub to the tip-top, getting in and totally immersing yourself. Measure the water that spills out. Then do it again, and this time leave your head above water. Measure the spillage again. Use your weight to calculate the volume to weight ratio, and then the difference in spillage each times could give you your approximate head weight.

You would have to assume that your head is the same approximate density as the rest of your body though.

You would have to assume that your head is the same approximate density as the rest of your body though.
I think my method would be more accurate- especially in the cases of lardasses whose excess adipose tissue causes disproportionate displacement compared to persons with greater muscle mass and lower body fat percentage

^^^^^ That.

Actually, I was thinking of filling a tub to the tip-top, getting in and totally immersing yourself. Measure the water that spills out. Then do it again, and this time leave your head above water. Measure the spillage again. Use your weight to calculate the volume to weight ratio, and then the difference in spillage each times could give you your approximate head weight.

Be expensive to fill a tub with beer. :lol:

I think my method would be more accurate- especially in the cases of lardasses whose excess adipose tissue causes disproportionate displacement compared to persons with greater muscle mass and lower body fat percentage

Well, try it both ways and let us know the difference.

^^^^^ That.

Be expensive to fill a tub with beer. :lol:

But oh-so-awesome.

Forum List

Back