HOW do YOU SLEEP?

I sleep in the fetal position - or prefer to.

I work best with 7 - 7 1/2 hours of sleep.

I have cool dreams. Like last night, I dreamt I was learning to play the sax... except I didn't have a mouthpiece. Still, I was doing better than most.

Do you have a bedtime ritual, such as tub soaking or reading? No
Do you use medication? no
Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach? mostly my side
Do you snore? when I'm really tired, lol
Dream alot? yes
Reocurring dreams? yes
Dream in color? yes
Have nightmares or night terrors? YES
Do you get 8 hours? More, less? less, alot less. I wake up alot
How about sleeping alone? Do you cuddle or sleep on opposite sides of the bed? cuddle with the kids when they climb in with me

I have had nightmares before that I've told myself in my dream that it's just a dream. Wierd!
Alot of times I wake myself up crying. I can't always remember what I'm dreaming but I know my heart sure hurts!!

Do you use medication? Yes - when I have it (assuming Alcohol counts)
Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach?Yes.
Do you snore? Rarely
Dream alot? Yes
Reocurring dreams? Yes
Dream in color?Yes
Have nightmares or night terrors?Up until age 5 or so, several times a week Night Terrors
Do you get 8 hours? Sleep? Rarely
More, less?Less
How about sleeping alone? Yes - but hate it
Do you cuddle or sleep on opposite sides of the bed? Like to cuddle, sleep partner does not, however..

Do you use medication? no
Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach? mostly my side
Do you snore? when I'm drunk
Dream alot? yes
Reocurring dreams? yes
Dream in color? yes
Have nightmares or night terrors? No. It is difficult to have a nightmare when you are an adrenaline junky, scary dreams are just a new adventure.
Do you get 8 hours? More, less? Much less. I get probably about 4 hours total.
How about sleeping alone? Do you cuddle or sleep on opposite sides of the bed? spooning occassionally before sleep, but after we have fallen asleep my wife makes the bed her territory I get about 2 feet of the bed the rest is dangerous.

I have dreams where I wake up angry, I mean really angry. It is the closest thing I have to nightmares. The dreams usually involve my spouse being unfaithful in one way or another.

Joz said:
Do you have a bedtime ritual, such as tub soaking or reading?
Do you use medication?
Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach?
Do you snore? Dream alot? Reocurring dreams? Dream in color? Have nightmares or night terrors?
Do you get 8 hours? More, less?
How about sleeping alone? Do you cuddle or sleep on opposite sides of the bed?

Lately, I've noticed that I enjoy sleeping at an angle, across the bed. If it's a nightmare, I can tell myself that's what it is and wake myself up. A nurse told me most people can't do that. I sleep with the covers over my head. Tho' I'm a bit claustophobic, this doesn't bother me.

With my eyes closed----someone had to say it, Joz :dance:

Do you have a bedtime ritual, such as tub soaking or reading? USMB till about 9:30, then to bed, to watch court TV till I fall asleep.

Do you use medication? No

Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach? I start on my back then sometime during the night I flip to the left side then sometime later I flip to the right side.

Do you snore? No, I don't think so but since I am usually sleeping it's hard to tell.

Dream alot? Atleast 3 times a week

Reocurring dreams? No

Dream in color? Yes

Have nightmares or night terrors? No

Do you get 8 hours? More, less? I get about 8 hours every night! I make it a point, otherwise people do not want to be around me!

How about sleeping alone? No Husband and 2 kid's

Do you cuddle or sleep on opposite sides of the bed? I start on opposite side of bed because by morning I am squished in the middle between husband and 2 kid's :eek:

<b>no</b>

Do you use medication?
<B>nope, i dont even take asprin</B>

<B>all of them, very restless</B>

Do you snore? Dream alot? Reocurring dreams? Dream in color? Have nightmares or night terrors?
<B>nightemares/ terrors mostly. i try to repress. i dont sleep very well</B>

<B>manybe 3 or 4, depending on how the night goes</B>

<B>move around alot, dont get too much rest</B>

Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach? Sometimes side sometimes back

Do you snore? Only when i have a cold and my nose is stuffed up.

Dream alot? Yes

Reocurring dreams? Yes

Dream in color? Yes

Have nightmares or night terrors? Bad dreams but not nightmares

Do you get 8 hours? More, less? On average about six hours a night

How about sleeping alone? No

Do you cuddle or sleep on opposite sides of the bed? Start off cuddling then move to opposite sides.

My bad dreams are usually of me killing a bunch of bad guys or aliens or me being killed and coming back to life. And pretty much all my dreams have a war theme.

Do you have a bedtime ritual, such as tub soaking or reading? I fall asleep watching TV
Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach? Side
Do you snore? No
Dream alot? Yes
Reocurring dreams? Some
Dream in color? Yes
Have nightmares or night terrors? Occasionally
Do you get 8 hours? More, less? Eh, about 4 or 5

Joz said:
Do you have a bedtime ritual, such as tub soaking or reading? No. I tried the tub thing, but kept waking up when I slid under the water.

Do you use medication? Yes but not for sleeping.

Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach? Yes.

Do you snore? No. I yodel.

Dream alot? Nope.

Reocurring dreams? No. I hate reruns.

Dream in color? Yes. Ever since I banged my head on the car door.

Have nightmares or night terrors? Yes, but I managed to sneak off before she woke up.

Do you get 8 hours? EIGHT HOURS?????? Hell, these days I'm doing good to get fifteen minutes worth. Oooooh - you meant SLEEP - never mind.

More, less? About 7 hours (sleep).

How about sleeping alone? No thanks.

Do you cuddle or sleep on opposite sides of the bed? Depends on whether or not I've pissed off what's-her-name today.

Do you have a bedtime ritual, such as tub soaking or reading? usually watch some tv in hopes something boring will put me to sleep

Do you use medication? did once or twice, was desperate for one nights sleep!

Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach? fetal

Do you snore? no
Dream alot? yep
Reocurring dreams? have
Dream in color? sometimes

Have nightmares or night terrors? yeah, good one lastnight on nasty clowns! :)

Do you get 8 hours? More, less? I would be happy with 5 hours sleep!

How about sleeping alone? Do you cuddle or sleep on opposite sides of the bed? Alone most of time

Do you have a bedtime ritual, such as tub soaking or reading? I usually drink a few shots of something strong.

Do you use medication? Have in the past but it didn't work well so I stopped.

Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach? Side

Do you snore? No, unless I'm sick and can't breathe normally.

Dream alot? No
Reocurring dreams? No
Dream in color? No
Have nightmares or night terrors? All the time for the past 7 years.

Do you get 8 hours? More, less? Less, normally 4-6 hours.

How about sleeping alone? Sadly all the time.

Do you cuddle or sleep on opposite sides of the bed? Only been able to sleep alongside someone I've loved maybe 3-4 times. no nightmares, deep sleep, arms wrapped around that person.

I had a dream. It was about Jesus, not the good Jesus that saves people, but the bad Jesus that tears people to pieces. I don't remember the bulk of the dream, but here it is:

I see a guy, obviously Jesus, hanging on a cross. All of the sudden his head is lifted and he glares in my direction. He rips himself off the cross and brings the two nails from his hands with him. He chases me for an indefinite period of time when his face suddenly distorts into what can only be described as demonic. Yes, a demonic Jesus was chasing me with his own nails. If that doesn't scare you shitless then this will, he said, "Jesus loves the little children." Right as he swung the nails at me. Then I woke up. I was sweating profusely. Consequently, I also began swearing profusely. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, mother of fuck. Jesus...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Most people can understand my distress, as it is typical after night mares. That however isn't the full extent of this event.

The next morning I decided that chicken quesadillas sounded great. They weren't. While I was cooking, the tortilla started to burn, so I went to flip it. While in mid-air, in the crisp part I saw Jesus, he winked at me. Yes, I saw Jesus wink at me in my breakfast tortilla.

I will let this settle in.

I think I am insane.

Do you have a bedtime ritual, such as tub soaking or reading? I soak in the tub and read in the tub. Then wash my face & shave legs. Then I say my prayers. I fix the covers and pillows the right way, then turn on the fan and turn out the lights.
Do you use medication?No
Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach?I sleep on my side with my body pillow btwn legs and the covers over my exposed ear and eyes, but not my nose or mouth. I have been trying to sleep on my back more because my shoulders ache in the morning.
Do you snore? No, my hubby takes care of that. Dream alot? Yes
Recurring dreams? Yes
Dream in color? Yes
Have nightmares or night terrors? Nightmares, sometimes. I don't wake myself up, but I can "direct" my dreams. If it gets scary, I go back to a different part of the dream and re-dream it, making adifferent choice.
Do you get 8 hours? More, less? Less, but I need about 9
How about sleeping alone? No
Do you cuddle or sleep on opposite sides of the bed? Cuddle at first, then move apart. But wake up and touch off & on during the night. I'll wake up and give hubby a quick, half-asleep kiss, and I have woken up to find him holding my hand in his sleep.

My poor husband has to put up with a lot at bedtime. I am a very light sleeper, and I CANNOT sleep without the fan, the white noise. I also have to have a certain pillow, the covers have to be a certain way.... that poor guy! :(

No

Do you use medication?
Not to get to sleep.
The only medication I must use sometimes is indomethacin for gout.

Always start off on side or stomach.

My snoring has been known to drive people from the room.
I believe everyone dreams; but you do not recall any dreams except those occuring just a few minutes before waking up.
I dream in color.
Rarely any bad nightmares; what is a night terror?

Most of the time.

I sleep most soundly when sleeping with someone. Females only need apply.
Cuddling is nice, but I'm not sure I've done it while asleep.

Lately, I've noticed that I enjoy sleeping at an angle, across the bed. If it's a nightmare, I can tell myself that's what it is and wake myself up. A nurse told me most people can't do that. I sleep with the covers over my head. Tho' I'm a bit claustophobic, this doesn't bother me.
Sometimes I am aware I am dreaming, but usually the dreams seem real,
even the most impossible best ones, like when I am flying as high as an airplane, or breathing underwater.
Yeaterday I woke I laughing (Can't remember what was so funny). Now that is a good way to start the day!

I have had for decades now the recurring dream that I didn't actually graduate from high school. It's really freaky how damn often I have this dream --- it often involves me, at age 32, having to repeat a year of high school in order to qualify for my diploma. This is unavoidable, because otherwise, neither my college nor law school degrees will be valid. (Don't worry, I did actually graduate from HS: I have a copy of the diploma.)

I think it's a pretty basic message: I fear that for all I've accomplished in my life, I'm still lacking some basic foundation that I'll be exposed on somehow, and I fear that.

Joz said:
Usually a nightmare can be remembered. It's usually just a really, really bad dream.
A night terror is one where children wake up screaming. Sometimes children even appear to be awake while experiencing these.
I've had them so badly that my chest is very tight and full of pain; sheer panic. Usually there is profuse breathing & sweating. I cannot recall, not one. All I can remember is the extreme pain & labored breathing.
Thank goodness I've never had anything that bad!

I sometimes have dreams which I am relieved to realize were dreams when I wake up, but nothing really terrifying.

William Joyce said:
I have had for decades now the recurring dream that I didn't actually graduate from high school. It's really freaky how damn often I have this dream --- it often involves me, at age 32, having to repeat a year of high school in order to qualify for my diploma. This is unavoidable, because otherwise, neither my college nor law school degrees will be valid. (Don't worry, I did actually graduate from HS: I have a copy of the diploma.)

I think it's a pretty basic message: I fear that for all I've accomplished in my life, I'm still lacking some basic foundation that I'll be exposed on somehow, and I fear that.

:laugh: Better than being naked at school!

Forum List

Back