How DO you guys do it?

JoeNormal

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2012
There seem to be a pretty fair number of people who just about live their lives on this board. Most of them seem to rail against entitlements of one form or another. I'm thinking that in order to spend the amount of time on here that some people do, they would almost have to be either retired or unemployed. So how do those views square with either receiving Social Security and Medicare or Unemployment?

There seem to be a pretty fair number of people who just about live their lives on this board. Most of them seem to rail against entitlements of one form or another. I'm thinking that in order to spend the amount of time on here that some people do, they would almost have to be either retired or unemployed. So how do those views square with either receiving Social Security and Medicare or Unemployment?

We're all warmed by the fires started by others; liberals understand this while conservatives were born on 2nd base but insist that they hit a double.

We're all warmed by the fires started by others; liberals understand this while conservatives were born on 2nd base but insist that they hit a double.

I agree. I wonder where the critics of entitlements went.

I am disabled. So I get SSI. I am also a Stay at home dad. I get oldest off to the school bus get other 2 to pre school by 9 and then its free time once house is fairly cleaned. Wife works nights she sleeps when kids are at school...So I got plenty of time to argue lol...on and off during the day also mostly at night when she is gone to work and kids are asleep
I am all for ALL of the above "entitlements"

I inherited a lot from my family.

I am disabled. So I get SSI. I am also a Stay at home dad. I get oldest off to the school bus get other 2 to pre school by 9 and then its free time once house is fairly cleaned. Wife works nights she sleeps when kids are at school...So I got plenty of time to argue lol...on and off during the day also mostly at night when she is gone to work and kids are asleep
I am all for ALL of the above "entitlements"

If your wife worked day shift you'd argue more.

I think you're onto something there.

There is a reason why right-wing hate radio and FOX Noise have no competition, and it's because out in the real world, liberals are out working and taking care of everything while mostly old and white people sit around sucking us dry while complaining about the fact that we have to support their dumb asses.

Nobody will ever beat FOX because they have the channel on all day and night.

The greatest irony in American politics is that Republicans get more than 2% of the vote. We all understand why a Mitt Romney type would vote for them, but it makes no sense that old white people on entitlements continue to vote for them, since all they wanna do is get rid of their Social Security and Medicare.

I think the trick in understanding all these leeches is that they're programmed to think that illegal immigrants and blacks are the only "takers", when in fact the takers are sitting on their asses all day getting taken care of because of the rest of us.

My parents live part of the year in a condo in Florida. There is a retired military guy who owns two places there and owns a fleet of fancy cars because of all the bloat in the military welfare complex. He gets contracted out to do the most menial "consulting" work that lasts only maybe 1 day a week, but gets more than six figures a year in taxpayer money to do his meaningless job.

And of course he's a Republican ass hole who thinks illegals and blacks are "takers" and "lazy", when in fact it's douchebags like that guy who are a drain on us.

Vets should be set up for the rest of their lives, but the idea of just throwing oodles of our cash at people who don't need it is appalling.

Doesn't occur to losers like that guy that he's the real welfare queen in America, not the single mom who needs a little help in the form of food stamps.

I agree. I wonder where the critics of entitlements went.

People have to sleep.

Stupid question and the answer(s) are obvious if you think about it.

People could be here for many reasons.

Some are retired and drawing social security. SS is mandatory, regardless of what your income was. It was something people were forced to pay into their entire lives and the amount that most get back in monthly payments don't begin to add up to what they and their employers paid in. Do not ever confuse earned benefits with welfare. Military retirement and social security are true entitlements. People have no choice when it comes to Medicare either. That is the government forcing people into programs and then patting themselves on the back for helping people. Just like Obama and his thugs are praising themselves for forcing Obamacare on people. It's no where near as good as the private sector and they are making things more expensive while reducing the quality. Only the subsidized are happy with government. The people who spend their whole lives paying get short changed. Welfare is NOT an entitlement, it is a hand out, and politicians should be ashamed for treating it like an earned benefit. They rename things to pander to their voters.

Millions of people are unemployed now, though are no longer counted when the unemployment rate is calculated. Many of those exhausted their unemployment benefits or have settled for a part time job. I don't blame them for expressing themselves here or anywhere else. Don't confuse people who lost their jobs and are unable to find another one with those who never wanted a job to begin with.

Some people work from their homes and might blow off steam on their breaks. Deal with it. After all, you claimed to have been here long enough to read enough posts to determine the content and frequency of posts written by a great many members. It's reasonable to assume you have a great deal of time on your hands. Funny that someone who spends a lot of time on a message board has the nerve to pick on others who do the same. So, do you exist on entitlements or welfare?

Then there are those who have time on their hands because they don't attend school or work or they are government dependents (as in collecting benefits they did not earn) and some might even get paid to attack political dissenters and spout talking points. These are the easiest ones to spot because their posts demonstrate a gross lack of intelligence and they are incapable of debate. Their posts lack substance and they rarely engage with anyone who questions them or disagrees with the talking points. Usually, the poster quickly results to name calling.

Of course, your question wasn't asked because you honestly wonder about the employment or retirement status of posters or whether they should somehow feel guilty for getting a little check each month (and have no choice). No one ever asked them how they felt paying in thousands of dollars each year while they were working. Do you wonder how people feel about that?

You merely thought you'd pretend to have completed an intense study of this board in order to take a cheap shot at retirees who collect a measly monthly check that took them a lifetime to earn. Social Security was a liberal idea that is proving to be unsustainable, as many warned at the time. It's a shame that people like Obama's aunt, who is here illegally, manage to collect social security disability while living for free in a nice apartment and handed everything they need. Nothing is free. Someone has to pay and the government takes more and more from the people with little regard to the hardships they cause. While they go out of their way to ensure that the illegal aliens are made comfortable and work shy have everything they need, they give no consideration to the working families who sacrifice more and more just so the politicians can cater to their base and win votes.

Then we have the smart asses, like yourself, who come here and make snide remarks that people posting must be recipients of handouts and, therefore, hypocrites who complain about free loaders. If you don't know the difference between qualifying for social security and welfare, then you are not qualified to discuss true entitlements.

Last edited:

Love the baseball analogy.. :lol:

Stupid question and the answer(s) are obvious if you think about it.

People could be here for many reasons.

Some are retired and drawing social security. SS is mandatory, regardless of what your income was. It was something people were forced to pay into their entire lives and the amount that most get back in monthly payments don't begin to add up to what they and their employers paid in. Do not ever confuse earned benefits with welfare. Military retirement and social security are true entitlements. People have no choice when it comes to Medicare either. That is the government forcing people into programs and then patting themselves on the back for helping people. Just like Obama and his thugs are praising themselves for forcing Obamacare on people. It's no where near as good as the private sector and they are making things more expensive while reducing the quality. Only the subsidized are happy with government. The people who spend their whole lives paying get short changed. Welfare is NOT an entitlement, it is a hand out, and politicians should be ashamed for treating it like an earned benefit. They rename things to pander to their voters.

Millions of people are unemployed now, though are no longer counted when the unemployment rate is calculated. Many of those exhausted their unemployment benefits or have settled for a part time job. I don't blame them for expressing themselves here or anywhere else. Don't confuse people who lost their jobs and are unable to find another one with those who never wanted a job to begin with.

Some people work from their homes and might blow off steam on their breaks. Deal with it. After all, you claimed to have been here long enough to read enough posts to determine the content and frequency of posts written by a great many members. It's reasonable to assume you have a great deal of time on your hands. Funny that someone who spends a lot of time on a message board has the nerve to pick on others who do the same. So, do you exist on entitlements or welfare?

Then there are those who have time on their hands because they don't attend school or work or they are government dependents (as in collecting benefits they did not earn) and some might even get paid to attack political dissenters and spout talking points. These are the easiest ones to spot because their posts demonstrate a gross lack of intelligence and they are incapable of debate. Their posts lack substance and they rarely engage with anyone who questions them or disagrees with the talking points. Usually, the poster quickly results to name calling.

Of course, your question wasn't asked because you honestly wonder about the employment or retirement status of posters or whether they should somehow feel guilty for getting a little check each month (and have no choice). No one ever asked them how they felt paying in thousands of dollars each year while they were working. Do you wonder how people feel about that?

You merely thought you'd pretend to have completed an intense study of this board in order to take a cheap shot at retirees who collect a measly monthly check that took them a lifetime to earn. Social Security was a liberal idea that is proving to be unsustainable, as many warned at the time. It's a shame that people like Obama's aunt, who is here illegally, manage to collect social security disability while living for free in a nice apartment and handed everything they need. Nothing is free. Someone has to pay and the government takes more and more from the people with little regard to the hardships they cause. While they go out of their way to ensure that the illegal aliens are made comfortable and work shy have everything they need, they give no consideration to the working families who sacrifice more and more just so the politicians can cater to their base and win votes.

Then we have the smart asses, like yourself, who come here and make snide remarks that people posting must be recipients of handouts and, therefore, hypocrites who complain about free loaders. If you don't know the difference between qualifying for social security and welfare, then you are not qualified to discuss true entitlements.

What Clementine said. First, it's none of your damn business why we are posting, how often we post, or the hours or lack thereof that we post. :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back