How Do I Become an Un-American?

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I've wondered how anyone becomes un-American when being an American refers to the soil you live on or nationality you claim to be a part of. The way I see it the only way you can be an un-american is if you claim you nationality is from a country other than America so how can anyone living in this country be un-american?

I suppose someone can say that not holding certain values pertaining to your country is un-American but when did our thoughts and beliefs change when you cross a political barrier? The truth is is that our thoughts, beliefs, and personality is an independent creation of the geographic location that our nation happens to be at. To say otherwise, is to say that the minute we cross a border or immigrate to another country to claim nationality there is simultanous* change our "personality".

A nation does not define character attributes of each individual living under those laws. It only defines the laws and not the person that is a part of it.

Last edited:
Unamerican activites?

1. Exercise.
2. Learn a foreign language.
3. Suggest government be limited.
4. Save money.
5. Say or do anything that isn't politically correct.

To be un American.

Hope the President "fails"

Anti education

support torture and war

Stay scared

insist public schools teach the supernatural

be anti women, anti gay and anti anyone not the white color

Call those you disagree with "un-American"

To be un American.

Anti education

support torture and war

Stay scared

In your case, "imbecilic douchebag" fills the bill.

see what I mean?

To be un American.

Anti education

support torture and war

Stay scared

In your case, "imbecilic douchebag" fills the bill.

see what I mean?

He didn't call you un-American, he just called you, plain, out and out stupid. Rather astute observation I might add.

Last edited:
I've wondered how anyone becomes un-American when being an American refers to the soil you live on or nationality you claim to be a part of. The way I see it the only way you can be an un-american is if you claim you nationality is from a country other than America so how can anyone living in this country be un-american?

I suppose someone can say that not holding certain values pertaining to your country is un-American but when did our thoughts and beliefs change when you cross a political barrier? The truth is is that our thoughts, beliefs, and personality is an independent creation of the geographic location that our nation happens to be at. To say otherwise, is to say that the minute we cross a border or immigrate to another country to claim nationality there is simultanous* change our "personality".

A nation does not define character attributes of each individual living under those laws. It only defines the laws and not the person that is a part of it.
I think you are being deliberately obtuse. But there is an easy way for you to see 'un-American" first hand.

Start a thread here at the USMB on something the USA does well.

Then just sit back and read.

Forum List

Back