How did American democrats miss this guy?

AtlantaWalter

Nov 8, 2003
small cave outside Atlanta
Leading Canadian Politician Repeats Columbus Error
Fri Feb 27, 1:42 PM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

OTTAWA (Reuters) - A contender for the leadership of Canada's opposition Conservative Party was unflatteringly compared with Christopher Columbus this week and reminded that aboriginal Indians and people from India are different.

The politician, Stephen Harper, had to apologize after his office sent a letter to a native group, the Ontario Federation of Indian Friendship Centers, congratulating it on a holiday celebrating India's independence from Britain.

Wrong Indians. And the mistake prompted a stinging rebuke from federation president Rick Lobzun, who said Harper's letter, sent in January, recalled Columbus's error of mistaking America for India.

"This is 2004, Mr. Harper, not 1492 ... the last time a man got lost looking for India," Lobzun said.

Harper's spokeswoman, Carolyn Stewart-Olsen, said his office had used student interns to compile a database of Indo-Canadian and other groups as part of an outreach program and had got this one wrong.

That's funny.

I remember that when I was in college, the newspaper changed "black humor" to "African-American humor." Ha! Only the professors saw it was a mistake. The students didn't get it.

That's like the council member I read about last year or the year before who had to resign because he used the word "niggardly" in a budget meeting and everyone went ape-shit because they thought he said something racist!!!

What a bunch of morons!!!!

Steven Harper is a contender for Party leadership, which means, if he wins, on to the Federal elections. These are the choices being offered up to Canadians for National Leadership........someone send help.....fast........students are running government operations. Ssssuuuurrre Steven, the medication isn't working....call your doctor STAT:D

Maybe cause, like most Americans, they dont really care what Canadians do as long as they arent starting some war with us.

Forum List

Back