How come no GOP presidential contender ever offers one simple pledge...

Because, and I think you already know this, none of them are fiscal conservatives.

borrowing from SS isn't balancing a budget, so no balanced budgets.

"I pledge to you that any budget that crosses my desk that is not balanced will be instantly vetoed."

Put your money where your mouth is.

Just tell them what you want. They will promise you anything. They won't do it, but they will promise anyway. The last bunch you elected are laughing at you because you believed their promises.

"I pledge to you that any budget that crosses my desk that is not balanced will be instantly vetoed."

If it's that important to you, you should withhold your vote until someone is moronic enough to make that pledge.

Then, you'll want them to cut taxes, invest deeply in the military with both arms tied behind their back. You'll end up with another George H.W. Bush empty though calculated promise.

RW's gladly sign a pledge NOT to raise taxes ... so there's another reason a balanced budget will never exist.

Please post the link where Hillary and Bernie took this pledge of yours. LOL!!

Neither one of those candidates are running as fiscal conservatives, so why the hell would anyone expect them to take that pledge?

Please post the link where Hillary and Bernie took this pledge of yours. LOL!!

Neither one of those candidates are running as fiscal conservatives, so why the hell would anyone expect them to take that pledge?

I don't. I fully expect them to bankrupt the nation.

Forum List

Back