How bad Will A Federal Election Voter ID Bill Hurt the Ds?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
A simple question but one that would result in close elections going more rarely to the Ds. But as Detroit showed this could be a major problem in the blue wall.

I don't think such a bill, if free and easily obtainable, would hurt either party.

A simple question but one that would result in close elections going more rarely to the Ds. But as Detroit showed this could be a major problem in the blue wall.
Democrats have no problem with a National I.D.

It's the Republicans who have always fought it.

Why is that?

Why is that?

Well democrats fight voter Id all the time..

We.have drivers license why do you want a federal id?

Why is that?

"States rights" would be the version they prefer, and everyone knows why.

Well sounds like we are in agreement on a voter ID. This should sail right through Congress.

It would destroy the democrat party....
No way.

Go to Yahoo stock screener which while out of date does show the returns of state ETN muni-funds. CA, IL, MA, RI, NY and NJ had trouble keeping their heads above water despite borrowing most of their current debt during periods of QE. With interest rates headed up they are in huge trouble and likely will not survive long enough to worry about any effects of voter ID. CA and IL are technically insolvent as I write and such is expected for the other four named states by the end of this year.

As anyone of any party can point out the Senate class of 2018 is a gimme for the Rs no matter what. The 2012 Obama blow out got highly marginal D candidates elected to the senate who are badly positioned in terms of money, name recognition and voter support to win as Ds.

The Ds are already a regional party and they will become an even more regional party over the next four years but come on it is a major miracle that rump Federalist and Whig parties are not still on the ballot.

Why is that?

I thought everyone had to have ID after Obamacare passed. You have to have ID to sign up and the law says everyone must sign up. I fail to see why Dems are still claiming that it's not fair to expect some to get an ID.

Why is that?

A Federally issued national ID is different than a state voter ID or a drivers license.

Do you know why?

I thought everyone had to have ID after Obamacare passed.
You probably think Obama is a foreign born Muslim plant who has taken more vacation days than Bush or Reagan, too.

Whenever I see a Right-Winger start a sentence with "I thought" I know it will be non-factual.

Forum List

Back