House turns out lights on Barton's bulb bill

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
House turns out lights on Barton's bulb bill - The Hill's E2-Wire

The House rejected a bill Tuesday aimed at repealing a slew of light bulb efficiency standards that conservatives have targeted as an egregious example of federal overreach.

The Better Use of Light Bulbs (BULB) Act, sponsored by Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas), failed on a 233-193 vote, with a two-thirds majority needed for passage.

The vote fell mostly along party lines, but five Democrats voted in favor of the bill and 10 Republicans voted against the bill. One Republican voted "present."

So the Republicans wasted all their time on this issue, just to fail in the part of Congress they have a large majority of.

And how much time did the idiot Green Cultists waste on telling me what kind of light bulb I can use?

So the Republicans wasted all their time on this issue, just to fail in the part of Congress they have a large majority of.

Yep. Hopefully they eventually start to realize that failing to get things like this done is NOT going to help their chances to maintain and/or increase their numbers in 2012.

Yep. Hopefully they eventually start to realize that failing to get things like this done is NOT going to help their chances to maintain and/or increase their numbers in 2012.

I was surprised they bothered to have the vote if they didn't have the necessary amount. Unless they've decided to once again have legislation that amounts to nothing more than symbolism since it can't even get out of the part of Congress they control by a wide margin.

The government telling us which light bulbs to buy. How fcukking gay?

WHo cares.......I guess we have to throw the green k00ks a bone. As far as any significant environmental legislation goes.......nada...........zilch........zero......egg. Any climate change BS is in the shitter and will be for at least several years..............and I for one am giddy about it.:fu: No longer have to sit here sweating wondering of my electric bill is going to double at the hands of these environmental nut cases.

We'll give 'em the bulbs.............:up:

Last edited:

Yes, while seniors starve and America is in an economic crisis, Retards worry about light bulbs.:cuckoo:

I was surprised they bothered to have the vote if they didn't have the necessary amount. Unless they've decided to once again have legislation that amounts to nothing more than symbolism since it can't even get out of the part of Congress they control by a wide margin.

I would rather see them spend their days passing legislation they know will be shot down in the Senate beacuse it's the RIGHT legislation (like this bill) than to pass a single bill all year that they know the Senate will approve and Obimbo will sign.

The House rejected a bill Tuesday aimed at repealing a slew of light bulb efficiency standards that conservatives have targeted as an egregious example of federal overreach.

The Better Use of Light Bulbs (BULB) Act, sponsored by Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas), failed on a 233-193 vote, with a two-thirds majority needed for passage.

The vote fell mostly along party lines, but five Democrats voted in favor of the bill and 10 Republicans voted against the bill. One Republican voted "present."

The question to ask now is this: Have Republicans taken up legislation to allow corporations that own canneries to put is much damn salt as they want in canned food? Or better yet, is there a constitutional amendment pending that would make the seasoning of food a constitutional right?

Yes, while seniors starve and America is in an economic crisis, Retards worry about light bulbs.:cuckoo:

Seniors starve because they and their families fail to plan... Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Results.

America's economic crisis has been largely caused by the Government. The less they do, the more likely this economy is to rebound.

After 2012, 193 Dems is going to be the good ole days

I'm with the "D" is for "Dim-wits" party on this one. Last thing I need out of my own semi-useless default party is for them to throw a big monkey wrench into my black market light bulb empire. I've been stockpiling for a year! :tongue:

Off brand 40 watt bulbs to start at $10 each. :eusa_whistle:

House turns out lights on Barton's bulb bill

Yet another sad example of Uncle Sam’s insatiable desire to regulate the smallest aspects of our lives. Prohibition is great, eh? Whoever believes in Liberty should make sure those who voted for the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 do not get reelected.

Senate kills DREAM Act bill aiding citizenship for illegal immigrants' children | cleveland.com

Seems to be one of the Right's favorite tactics. This isn't the only board where I've witnessed it either.

It's either that, or I must have missed where I made this thread about the DREAM Act.

Comparing illegal immigration to a bill involving light bulbs. Anything to deflect away from a GOP failure, or what?

on the surface, not anymore than you having to start a New thread when we have like 3 (combined by Mods ) on this topic already , so as to highlight another rep are dim bulbs plug......

but alas, no, read the article, its has a message that speaks to your op commentary.

Forum List

Back