House GOP Loses Effort to Limit Democrat's Efforts

lol...if healthcare is so great....why are dems so afraid to put their name on the bill? why are they so ashamed? oh yeah....because they're worried the voters don't actually want the bill, but fuck them, let's vote for it anyway....

cowards

too funny how this never gets answered

It was answered in the OP.

Democratic leaders hope this maneuver would ease the political pain for lawmakers hesitant about voting directly on the giant health legislation — which the Senate has approved.

And it was pointed out that they are delusional if they think it will ease anything.

lol...if healthcare is so great....why are dems so afraid to put their name on the bill? why are they so ashamed? oh yeah....because they're worried the voters don't actually want the bill, but fuck them, let's vote for it anyway....

cowards

too funny how this never gets answered

It was answered in the OP.

Democratic leaders hope this maneuver would ease the political pain for lawmakers hesitant about voting directly on the giant health legislation — which the Senate has approved.

ok, so the answer is, they are cowards because of the PAIN. they believe h/c is great, but know the voters don't want this bill, so they cowardly refuse to put their name on it. so obviously, the claim that this is a bill americans truly want, is false.

shame you democrats. you have been harping about how great this bill is, yet you're too cowardly to put your name on it. and the lemming followers like beowolf readily defend your cowardice.

:thup:

Last edited:
What exactly caused 99% of the right to forget that the Senate passed a bill with 60 votes?

who forgot that? that is not the final bill. nor will the final bill be passed with 60 votes. if you're so happy about the sixty votes, why are dems, now months later, so afraid to put their name it....oh wait, we have the answer, because the people don't want it, so this will ease the PAIN of passing this unpopular legislation.....

truly a sad day in american politics.

GOP Loses Fight With Democrats Over Health Votes - ABC News

House GOP loses effort to limit Democrats' tactics for voting on health care overhaul bill
WASHINGTON March 18, 2010 (AP)
The Associated Press

Republicans have lost an effort to force House Democrats to hold a direct vote on the health overhaul bill.

Democrats want to use a special procedure that would let the House automatically approve the $940 billion measure when lawmakers vote to begin debating a separate proposal that would revise that big health bill.

Republicans tried to block that move, but Democrats in the House prevailed by a 222-203 vote on Thursday.

The House is set to debate the health bill on Sunday.

If it's such a fucking good thing why are the cowards so cowardly as to be so cowardly as to not want to stand up and vote.. cowards, fucking cowards. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The answer is obvious:

See ya in court.

And if that fails, see you when the bill is repealed by the next congress.

Either way, that monstrosity of corruption and kick backs will never survive passed 2012, when the new potus signs the repeal bill for it.

What exactly caused 99% of the right to forget that the Senate passed a bill with 60 votes?

oh we didn't forget the shady sleazy backroom deals and dishonest fuckery it took to buy your way to 60 votes,.. never fear on that score. that shit ain't going away any time soon.

The answer is obvious:

See ya in court.

And if that fails, see you when the bill is repealed by the next congress.

Either way, that monstrosity of corruption and kick backs will never survive passed 2012, when the new potus signs the repeal bill for it.

Im more worried about the economy and alot of Americans not surviving 2012. This bill is nothing but bad news for what's left of our Republic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

doom and gloom because pre exsisting conditions will no longer be something the Insurance cos and beat sick people over the head with.

I hope to hell one of your realitives life is saved by the changes.

If this is repealled or doesnt pass then you can celebrate your realitives DEATH for lack of healthcare.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

doom and gloom because pre exsisting conditions will no longer be something the Insurance cos and beat sick people over the head with.

I hope to hell one of your realitives life is saved by the changes.

If this is repealled or doesnt pass then you can celebrate your realitives DEATH for lack of healthcare.

Yes, beat death itself, vote for ObamaCare!

I'm still waiting for someone on the left to 'splain to me how this process, which Obama himself said was no way to pass important legislation like healthcare is somehow now a perfectly acceptable way. He said, did he not, that if a President were to use this then than President would have lost the ability to govern. Given that is what he said, has he lost the ability to govern and will he now resign? I say he should resign.

Pres. Obama clearly assumed that this process should not be used under the conditions that the opposition act with good intent, with respect to democracy, the American people, and their oath of office.

The President and a democratic Congress were elected with one of the greatest mandates ever - they enjoyed an overwhelming victory in the last election.

Despite this, the Republicans have acted in absolute defiance of the will of the vast majority of the American people. They have NOT negotiated in good faith. They have ignored all protocols of democracy.

Should the President allow a dictatorship of the minority just because they are obstinant?

He has tried everything he can to negotiate with the Republicans. They have just bullshit him at every turn.

At this point the President, the Senate majority leader and the Speaker of the house should do everything in their power to disempower the Republican minority. They deserve to have no say in any legislation until such time as they begin to respect the will of the vast majority of Americans and live up to their oath of office by acting in the best interest of the general welfare of the American people.

At this point, the entire Republican caucus deserves to be impeached!

I'm still waiting for someone on the left to 'splain to me how this process, which Obama himself said was no way to pass important legislation like healthcare is somehow now a perfectly acceptable way. He said, did he not, that if a President were to use this then than President would have lost the ability to govern. Given that is what he said, has he lost the ability to govern and will he now resign? I say he should resign.

Pres. Obama clearly assumed that this process should not be used under the conditions that the opposition act with good intent, with respect to democracy, the American people, and their oath of office.

The President and a democratic Congress were elected with one of the greatest mandates ever - they enjoyed an overwhelming victory in the last election.

Despite this, the Republicans have acted in absolute defiance of the will of the vast majority of the American people. They have NOT negotiated in good faith. They have ignored all protocols of democracy.

Should the President allow a dictatorship of the minority just because they are obstinant?

He has tried everything he can to negotiate with the Republicans. They have just bullshit him at every turn.

At this point the President, the Senate majority leader and the Speaker of the house should do everything in their power to disempower the Republican minority. They deserve to have no say in any legislation until such time as they begin to respect the will of the vast majority of Americans and live up to their oath of office by acting in the best interest of the general welfare of the American people.

1252317845-000efb6amedium.jpeg

1252317845-000efb6amedium.jpeg

I didn't say that I thought that the Republicans were going to be impeached, I said that they deserved to be impeached.

BTW - I thought that "A Separate Reality" was a pretty poor book. Don Juan was a half-assed bulllshit artist and Carlos was a flaming idiot.

But, I did get a laugh - good response!

House GOP Loses Effort to Limit Democrat's Efforts

They lost two wars, they lost a surplus, they lost a good economy, they lost the presidency and both houses. They should be used to losing by now.

why would this be any different from anything else he has said....and forgot about?....

pre exsisting conditions will no longer be something the Insurance cos and beat sick people over the head with.

hey truth doesnt matter.....something like 75-80% of the country think this should be fixed....maybe more....but of course thats not your truth ....is it....

interesting point

so you are saying...if i think this is a bad policy for the country.....fuck it...just go with the flow?.....i dont know many Democrats that are jumping for joy with this policy....and i dont agree with you were you say the majority of the country want this policy that is being cramed down our throats.....you got a link on that?....because there have been a few links in threads here saying just the opposite....i tell you what Richy.....you suck their cocks....if i dont like it...i will say so...take your head out of Pelosi's ass....nothing is coming out of your mouth but her shit...fucking hack...

Forum List

Back