"Horses and Bayonets"

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by JimH52, Oct 23, 2012.

1. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,057
    MY argument can no longer be defended? I asked a straight up question. How does Romney plan to pay for the additional $2T in military spending AND cut tax rates by 20% across the board all at the same time? I can try typing slower if it will help you?

2. ShaklesOfBigGov

ShaklesOfBigGov Restore the Republic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,512

I tried to connect the dots, and you still have no basis for defending higher taxes as a means to lower the debt. I just flat out showed you that raising taxes does not equate to higher revenue. Again, what "incentive" can you provide to allow corporations to establish their business in the United States? It's seems obvious the elevator doesn't quite make it to the penthouse, in your case, so I will try to explain it again.

The Federal Government needs revenue, which it does through collecting taxes. Agreed? In it's simplist terms, Businesses are always looking to create a profit, part in doing so involves balancing their assets (Economic resources owned or controlled by the company) with their liabilities (Debt owed by a company). Liabilities include labor costs as well as state and Federal taxes.

Now here is the tricky part, pay attention. Some liabilities a business can control, such as moving to another state that has a cheaper corporate tax rate, or to another country that makes it more "affordable" (there's that word) for them to do business. When a business or corporation LEAVES a state - then workers lose their jobs, the state also loses their source of revenue BINGO!

Notice how California raised taxes, companies left in record numbers, and the state lost revenue from those corporations. How can a business have money to spend on new hiring, when all their available equity is being used to pay higher rates in Federal and State taxes?

The same was shown with the United states and Sweeden. You are thinking a company will simply choose to stay in the United States, when Ford (for example) is already building a major plant in CHINA! Where is this nation's revenue now? Where did all the jobs go that this economy need? China (not Americans) will have a job in this new plant. Are you honestly going to sit and tell me, that a manufacturing plant WILL NOT ever leave a state or country to be built somewhere else because it was cheaper for them to do so?

Who enjoys the revenue, China or the United States? (see below)

(1) Swedish corporate tax rate has been REDUCED from 28% to 26.3% (there you go cutting taxes!!)

(2) Sweeden ABOLISHED capital gains taxation for corporates!

(3) In turn made Sweden a favourable holding company location! ..... More Corporations moving into Sweeden means more revenue collected!

Can't be any simpler to why Romney supports lowering the tax rates.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,763
    That's not for military-hating morons to decide.

4. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,220
    Well, it just showed us how little Obama really knows about the military. That's all it showed.

Yet he felt he could talk shit to Romney about it.

Reminds me of the way my Section Chief would ask me to give him a block of instruction on something I had years of training on. 15 mins of instruction made him think he was an expert on it.

He could impress people that didn't know dick about it but for those of us who know it inside and out....we're not impressed.

5. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,398
    No, actually, it's for all of us to decide.

The Navy doesn't need more ships if we aren't facing a major naval threat. Russia's navy is dilapidated and China's navy is a joke. (And if you guys are reall worried about China, Romney should stop giving them our jobs!)

We do need to fix the schools and the roads.

But let's see what this guy had to say about such matters...

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."-
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Read more at Every gun that is made, every... at BrainyQuote

Man, what a fuckin' Commie, eh, Caveman?

6. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,398
    Okay, Muddy. No one uses bayonets and horsies anymore...

Romney got bitch-slapped.

Deal with it.

7. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,763
    You'll have your chance to vote to weaken America in a few days.

And that's exactly what you'll do.

Why do leftists loathe the idea of a strong America?

8. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,398
    Depends how you define a strong America.

My idea of a strong America is one where we take care of our own, not go around spending money on overpriced military toys to defend the rest of the world so they can make a killing stealing our jobs or getting our boys to die to settle their fights.

Ike was the first to warn us about the Military-Industrial Complex... and the message still hasn't sunk in.

9. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,220
    My Grandfather used to build ships.

How long do you think it takes to build an aircraft-carrier? A couple of months? It takes over a year for one to go into dry-dock and undergo a refitting. It takes years to build them. Do you suppose we just wait till we see a threat before we decide to build one to counter it? That kind of thinking got us into WWII.

Obama is neglecting our military so he can use the money to buy votes. It's what every Democrat president does. Carter and Clinton did the same shit. It never changes. Democrats tear down the military and a Republican rebuilds it and the Democraps criticize them for raising the debt.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  10. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,398
    Okay, guy, here's the thing. We have 11 Active Aircraft carriers with 2 more under construction.

The rest of the world?

China has one old Soviet one that was never a particularly good design. India has a refurbrished British one. Russia has one. The UK has one that can't launched Fixed Wing Aircraft. France has one. Other wealthy countries aren't even bothering, like Germany and Japan. Why should they? They can invest in improving themselves knowing we'll handle their security for free! What a deal. For them, not us.

Seriously, dude, this isn't like Admiral Yamamoto has his huge carrier task force. This is us bankrupting ourselves buying expensive toys while our kids aren't getting the education needed to actually operate them. Meanwhile our roads and bridges are crumbling and our good jobs are going to China.