Hooray!!! Al Franken will host new lib. radio station

Originally posted by jones
Not confusing at all, I found that all except your first statement is exactly how your party ideology works.

Im probly not less intelligent than you, have no idea what my IQ is, but I have to my knowledge, a very deep conscious. Ive found that even if a person does have high IQ, they can seem really stupid, wont shut the f. u. and can become criminal if they have a weak conscious.

I know you are but what am I?

That's priceless. What are you, 6?

I assure you I have no such weakness of conscious. I fight for the rights of everyone, not just the parasites of society.

I was not refering to you in perticular, just giving you my observation about intelligence.

"Actually, I--this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about--when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."

Shrub- Was a college cheerleader

I was not refering to you in perticular, just giving you my observation about intelligence.

"Actually, I--this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about--when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."
Shrub

Even intelligent people say stupid things(You may understand this well, actually). The only people who never say stupid things are calculating leftists who measure their every thought against their internal spin model du jour before speaking.

EDIT: But even then they still sound stupid, so never mind. Liberals do say stupid things. I don't know where I was going with this.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
That sounds like no liberal I know. Liberals I know are very bigoted. They judge anyone who doesn't agree with their "blame america for the worlds problems" outlook as stupid or hateful. And they are not open to new ideas; they stick to same failure-enabling, dependancy-creating, individual rights-denying, income-redistributing big government programs, despite the repeated and demonstrable failures of that approach.

you would be talking about the far left liberals, much like we describe the far right radical conservatives.

As far as the 'blame america' crowd, don't deny that we've made mistakes and continue to make them. They may not all be glaring errors and hopefully someday in the future we'll actually start learning from them instead of repeating them.

HORRAY!!!! another radio program that well provide hours of entertainment and gut busting laughter.....I give it 2 months to tank maybe less....keep the faith there jones ...maybe someday you can get someone to support your point of view only problem being I dont think you will find them on this board, there arent any children posting....

internal spin model? Your whole political view is a spin, no doubt.

Sorry DK, just cant help myself.

Originally posted by jon_forward
HORRAY!!!! another radio program that well provide hours of entertainment and gut busting laughter.....I give it 2 months to tank maybe less....keep the faith there jones ...maybe someday you can get someone to support your point of view only problem being I dont think you will find them on this board, there arent any children posting....

I already have several radio programs I listen to that are extremely informitive, maybe Ill share them with DK, im sure he knows of them. PM me.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
you would be talking about the far left liberals, much like we describe the far right radical conservatives.

As far as the 'blame america' crowd, don't deny that we've made mistakes and continue to make them. They may not all be glaring errors and hopefully someday in the future we'll actually start learning from them instead of repeating them.

All countries make mistakes. And If America had not broken the mold of previous world powers, we would have taken over all of Europe at the end of world war two(Like russia did), but we didn't, because we are the most considerate world power in history. Who else plans for sending food to defeated enemies, or to villagers pinned down in crossfire? You need to compare America's reign as world power to some others in history, and then judge how bad we really are. Get some perspective.

Sorry DK, just cant help myself.

No need to apologize to me Jones. You have your points and arguments to make, of which you have the complete right to do. Whether I agree with them or not is irrelevant.

Of course, if you find yourself doing things you can't help yourself about then you should look at fixing that. Others should do the same, myself included, otherwise we're all in a repetitive cycle of reactionary limitations.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
All countries make mistakes. And If America had not broken the mold of previous world powers, we would have taken over all of Europe at the end of world war two(Like russia did), but we didn't, because we are the most considerate world power in history. Who else plans for sending food to defeated enemies, or to villagers pinned down in crossfire? You need to compare America's reign as world power to some others in history, and then judge how bad we really are. Get some perspective.

No doubt all countries do, and I don't think it was america breaking the mold about europe, what were we going to do with it? It belonged to allies and using the marshall plan for germany was one of the better plans from the US. Same with Japan.

Are we the most considerate? Most times I would agree and say yes, but we are not without our inconsiderations either. Whether its in the pursuit of foreign policy interests shouldn't coverup the fact that it does harm to another society, but thats neither here nor there.

My perspective is just fine, I think, considering some of the lasting damage an earlier american government has done to my native american ancestry.

Do I think we're the worst nation, by all means no. Do I think we could stand some improvement? Most certainly.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
No doubt all countries do, and I don't think it was america breaking the mold about europe, what were we going to do with it? It belonged to allies and using the marshall plan for germany was one of the better plans from the US. Same with Japan.

Are we the most considerate? Most times I would agree and say yes, but we are not without our inconsiderations either. Whether its in the pursuit of foreign policy interests shouldn't coverup the fact that it does harm to another society, but thats neither here nor there.

My perspective is just fine, I think, considering some of the lasting damage an earlier american government has done to my native american ancestry.

Do I think we're the worst nation, by all means no. Do I think we could stand some improvement? Most certainly.

OK. Granted. We're not without our inconsiderations. Impeach the neocon fascists!

I think some folks would rather we fix ALL that ails us here before we start trying to fix the rest of the world. joblessness, hungar, poverty,healthcare for all ect, ect. what are we to do, withdraw from the world and re-invent this great country? sure we have problems..what country doesnt? I am always eager to listen to what other people think,ie- not close minded. but there seems to be a one person crusade with the same message everytime.. you need to get over it and move on guy. or get some help...

Originally posted by jon_forward
I think some folks would rather we fix ALL that ails us here before we start trying to fix the rest of the world. joblessness, hungar, poverty,healthcare for all ect, ect. what are we to do, withdraw from the world and re-invent this great country? sure we have problems..what country doesnt? I am always eager to listen to what other people think,ie- not close minded. but there seems to be a one person crusade with the same message everytime.. you need to get over it and move on guy. or get some help...

The problem mr. forward is that our domestic issues are not really distinct from foreign policy. The big issue, jobs, for instance is bound inseparable from trade policy, which inseparable from politics, which is inseparable from value systems.......oh wait. This wasn't for me, was it!! :p: or was it? I'm confused now.

no, wasnt meant for you but you made a valid point in so much as that the problems we face are not just a USA problem but a GLOBAL one. while it would be nice if we could stop the ride till we get our collective house in order that is not the answer or even an option. from day one of this country we as a nation have been a work in progress, changing with the times.... sometimes change is slow to come but it always comes. ranting and raving like a rabid dog does neither side any good... "just the facts please" joe friday from dragnet

Im just a good ol' Benjamin Franklin liberal.

And a liberal is not commie, however you view us.
Liberal-
Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded

A: Where did you find that definition?

B: Seeing as how the definition of what liberal is today has changed so much since Franklin's time, I am fairly certain he would punch you in the face for claiming to be liberal in his definition.

I'm baaaaaack!

Al Franken will be fine on talk radio. He's funny, he has a lot of friends that will be guests, both liberal and conservative, and he'll be fair. NPR isn't talk radio per se. NPR shows vary greatly from shows like This American Life which is sort of a radio essay show, to Car Talk, to A Prairie Home Companion, the Savvy Traveler, Adventures in Good Music with Carl Haas, etc. Most NPR stations play classical music during the day.

As for accusing liberals of shouting down guests, have you ever watched Bill O'Reilly? or listened to Rush Limbaugh or Michael Savage? These guys either won't take liberal calls or simply shout down and cut off liberals when they are winning an argument.

Liberal has been made into a dirty word by the right. Liberalism from an international relations standpoint is what America has been for the last 80 years. Free trade, support for the U.N., and a focus on international cooperation are all indicative of liberalism. A political "liberal" is someone who favors greater government involvement in economic matters, i.e. regulation of business and public assistance programs, but opposes government regulation of personal conduct where it does not affect anyone else (i.e. gay rights, censorship, etc.)

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
I'm baaaaaack!

Al Franken will be fine on talk radio. He's funny, he has a lot of friends that will be guests, both liberal and conservative, and he'll be fair. NPR isn't talk radio per se. NPR shows vary greatly from shows like This American Life which is sort of a radio essay show, to Car Talk, to A Prairie Home Companion, the Savvy Traveler, Adventures in Good Music with Carl Haas, etc. Most NPR stations play classical music during the day.

As for accusing liberals of shouting down guests, have you ever watched Bill O'Reilly? or listened to Rush Limbaugh or Michael Savage? These guys either won't take liberal calls or simply shout down and cut off liberals when they are winning an argument.

Liberal has been made into a dirty word by the right. Liberalism from an international relations standpoint is what America has been for the last 80 years. Free trade, support for the U.N., and a focus on international cooperation are all indicative of liberalism. A political "liberal" is someone who favors greater government involvement in economic matters, i.e. regulation of business and public assistance programs, but opposes government regulation of personal conduct where it does not affect anyone else (i.e. gay rights, censorship, etc.)

acludem

It will fail miserably. And those guys don't shout people down. They have well reasoned arguments.

Liberals aren't that anymore. Now we should just go ahead and call them communists. It's more accurate.

It will be hard for someone who isn't a right-wing extremist to be successful on talk radio, I'll grant you that. That's because most people who listen to talk radio are right-wing extremists. People like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Savage, and Hannity get to preach to the choir, so it's easy for them to retain listeners. Franken will have to find a way to get some conservative listenership. It won't be easy because conservatives by their nature are close-minded.

Originally posted by acludem
It won't be easy because conservatives by their nature are close-minded.

Can you explain this comment? What does being a conservative have to do with being close minded?

Conservatives don't like change...that's the essence of conservatism. Conservatives think they already know everything, liberals admit they don't know much (which conservatives use to accuse us of stupidity). Conservatives by nature won't listen to those who disagree with them. That's why there have been no successful liberal talk shows, but there are tons of right wing shows.

Forum List

Back