"Honor" Killing In The West Bank

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
In a nutshell, a young smart Muslim girl in the West Bank is accused by her Uncle of premarital sex. He kidnaps her, beats her and tosses her into a well to die. The death must have been horrendous!

To her parent's credit, they are heart broken, enraged and had nothing to do with this killing. They did not order, want it and they are not accepting it. Rather this was the murderous acts of an Uncle following Islam!

Disappearance, then discovery leads to 'honor killing' outrage - CNN.com
The police search went cold until earlier this month. Ayah's remains were discovered in a well barely three kilometers (about two miles) from her family home. Police had been alerted to the scene by a shepherd who had wanted to fetch water from the well and been overwhelmed by a dreadful smell.

When they inspected the well, the police retrieved a corpse, and the immediate evidence led them to the conclusion that it was Ayah's. Along with the remains, the police found Ayah's handbag, family photos and a necklace engraved with her name.

Undisclosed evidence found at the scene led Awad to the conclusion that Ayah's 37-year-old uncle had something to do with her death.

"We immediately arrested him and interrogated him. Within three hours of the police interview, he delivered his confession," said Awad.

"He confessed that on the date Ayah was killed, (he) and two of his colleagues drove to the university and told Ayah to get into the vehicle. At the beginning, she refused to get in, but he insisted, telling her: 'As your uncle, I want to talk to you!' " Awad told CNN.

"There are no houses, no people there, it is an abandoned area. She was pleading (to) her uncle on the way. 'Why are you taking me? Where are you taking me to?' He hit her many times and told her: 'We will kill you.' She continued pleading: 'Don't kill me, I did nothing. What did I do for you to kill me?' But he told her: 'You should die,' " said Awad, recounting the killer's confession.

In an interview shared with CNN by Palestine TV, the uncle recounted the ordeal on camera.

"We kidnapped her. We took a car, a Peugeot 205, parked the car by the well, threw the girl inside the well, closed the hatch and placed a large stone on top of it and then left," he recounts in a cold manner.

Motive ==> The uncle told police he killed his niece to preserve the family's honor, believing she had engaged in improper sexual relations.

Barbarians. Hey, Uncle Shithead: Time to get a new calendar. Your 7th Century one is out of date.

I wonder how he thinks saving the parents (his brother's) honor, by making them live through their worst nightmare is a good thing!

Forum List

Back