Honesty in Congress and the New Tax Bill: Donors Told Me to Pass it or Never Call Again

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
Yep... the rich know they are going to make out big on the current tax bill. They are telling those in Congress if they told pass this tax bill, don't call them again. Why is it that the only time a politician is honesty is in times like this?

Cristina Marcos

✔@cimarcos

.@RepChrisCollins (R-NY) on tax reform: "My donors are basically saying, 'Get it done or don’t ever call me again.'"

10:16 AM - Nov 7, 2017

House Republican: my donors told me to pass the tax bill "or don’t ever call me again"

Yep... the rich know they are going to make out big on the current tax bill. They are telling those in Congress if they told pass this tax bill, don't call them again. Why is it that the only time a politician is honesty is in times like this?

Cristina Marcos

✔@cimarcos

.@RepChrisCollins (R-NY) on tax reform: "My donors are basically saying, 'Get it done or don’t ever call me again.'"

House Republican: my donors told me to pass the tax bill "or don’t ever call me again"

Why shouldn't the rich benefit? They pay most of the taxes; they are the job creators. It doesn't make sense to not have them benefit.

Cristina Marcos

✔@cimarcos

Why shouldn't the rich benefit? They pay most of the taxes; they are the job creators. It doesn't make sense to not have them benefit.

As a representative they are supposed to do what is best for their constituents, not for the people that donate the most money to their campaign.

You don't vote to pas legislation that is going to fuck over MILLIONS of people to help a handful. That's literally against everything our system was created for.

Cristina Marcos

✔@cimarcos

As a representative they are supposed to do what is best for their constituents, not for the people that donate the most money to their campaign.

You don't vote to pas legislation that is going to fuck over MILLIONS of people to help a handful. That's literally against everything our system was created for.

The rich are not also their constituents?

Cristina Marcos

✔@cimarcos

I explained it quite clearly. I won't argue over the idea of the utilitarian view. You make decisions based on what is best for the majority.

Cristina Marcos

✔@cimarcos

Actually they are not, the middle income is the one that produces jobs, and why shouldn't the rich pay more, they make more, that is why. Actually the tax cut is just for the rich. The AMT , inheritance tax, raising the standard deduct and keeping charitable deducts.

I don't care, let them pass it, when it flops, which it will and will piss more people off , its the end of them.

I will be so happy to get most of them out of office.

Cristina Marcos

✔@cimarcos

More like the employers of their constituents, in most cases

Cristina Marcos

✔@cimarcos

Actually they are not, the middle income is the one that produces jobs, and why shouldn't the rich pay more, they make more, that is why. Actually the tax cut is just for the rich. The AMT , inheritance tax, raising the standard deduct and keeping charitable deducts.

I don't care, let them pass it, when it flops, which it will and will piss more people off , its the end of them.

I will be so happy to get most of them out of office.

Not asking where you work, or what you do at work...

BUT...

Is your employer part of the middle class?

Cristina Marcos

✔@cimarcos

I explained it quite clearly. I won't argue over the idea of the utilitarian view. You make decisions based on what is best for the majority.

Then the rich should have their taxes cut because in the long run that is good for the majority.

Cristina Marcos

✔@cimarcos

Then the rich should have their taxes cut because in the long run that is good for the majority.

No it doesn't work in the long run. It may work in the short term, but trickle down economics just fills the coffers of the rich more, shrinks the middle class, and creates a greater divide. After Reagan initial tax cut, he raised taxes like the next 4 years... because he HAD to.

Forum List

Back