Honest Arguments for George Bush

snoman12

Rookie
Oct 29, 2004
I am not very political, I did not watch the debates but..when I went to get my drivers license when I moved I registered to vote...and since i don't have a job i figure i might as well vote....I'm not sure what the issues are but I have no opinion on Gay marriage, am for a womens right to choose, not too religious, not sure if the war was right or wrong, DO not trust Michael Moore, and am not sure that I trust John Kerry or the president. I am 19 and I live in MI. I don't want to hear negative things about John Kerry I want to hear positive things about Bush. I have been reading posts while I was waiting for clearence and you guys have a lot of animosity towards the democrats. I would like POSITIVE arguments for george bush. ALSO, I know that the dems vote for Ralph Nader as a 2nd option, who do the republicans vote for as a 2nd option. I want to vote but have no idea who to vote for. I decided to spend the night on the internet and decide who to vote for. please help me. NO NEGATIVE PLEASE.

Want the condensed or the long version?

Liberated two nations

Disarmed a third without firing a shot.

Has placed increased pressure on Iran and N Korea.

Gave every American who paid taxes some of their money back.

Turned the recession he inherited and that was made worse by corporate scandals and 911 into the fasting growing economy in decades.

Substantially increased funding for Education reform with bipartisan support.

Increased availability of Pell grants for needy students.

Supported legislation to end partial birth abortion.

Provided for proscription drug benefits for seniors.

Given more money for AIDs research and education then any previous president.

First President to fund Stem cell research

Rebuilding our Military and Intelligence communities after being slashed throughout the 90s particularly by a certain Senator involved in this race.

Enabled our intelligence agencies to communicate intelligence with each other.

Like i said this is the short list. if i was actually trying hard i could probably come up with alot more. im sure some of the people here will come up with some more things.

what about the country beign in so much debt. that POST that i was referred to was very informative..THANK YOU. I enjoyed it. but also it was too negative for me. I have been to lots of sites in the past hour and the anti-bush people make him out to be an idiot. Some of the quotes they have are pretty unbelievable. I can't believe that he would say some of thos ethings. I heard one quote about it beign easier if the US was a dictatorship as long as he was the dictator. my grandparents are democrats and they say that bush will do something to social security...I can't remember the word. anyway please keep referring posts and giving me info.

First of all, do not for a moment think that whoever you vote for is, as so many would have you think, going to singelhandedly determine where the country goes. The legislative branch has much more say in that than the President, especially the details.

Bush, as he has done for the past four years, will provide consistent direction and leadership.

He will continue to pursue terrorists and their supporters as this is one of the most pressing issues of the time. Thes people are trying to kill you and you shold want someone who is resolute and determined in stopping them.

He, and his appointess, are dead set against reinstating the draft.

Bush's tax policies will promote economic growth - historically proven by tax cuts from Reagan and JFK. (The real one.)

Bush, though a Christian, believes in freedom of religion will not force religion down anyone's throat. (I'm an atheist and believe him.)

Bush does fumble over his words and occasionally let some pretty stupid stuff eminate form his mouth so if you want a great orator, he is not your man.

Bush is a truly honest and compassionate person - for a politician, that is.

The first lady is very classy and, not being elected, generally keeps her nose out of politics.

His daughters are pretty good looking. (You're a 19 year old male, right?)

Despite questions some have about about the war, our troops, for the most part, support GWB enthusiastically. They not only understand why we're fighting and where, but their belief in GWB as Commander in Chief improves their morale and, hence, their effectiveness. (This also reduces the potential need for a draft.)

Given the recession Bush inherited and the addtional impact of 9/11, the country is doing great. This can be attributed more to the overall strength of our country than to GWB, but his economic policies have helped, not hindered, the recovery. (Don't ever let anyone convince you that the President is solely resposnbile for the economy - good or bad, Rep or Dem. "The economy" is the aggregation of billions of transactions which can be influenced by the Pres to some extent but are not controlled by him.)

Forget about Social Security. It was dead decades ago when Congress began looting it and playing accounting games. For all intents and purposes, it is now welfare for the elderly. At your age, your best bet is to have the option of privatizing YOUR contributions to it as it will put YOU in charge of your future retirement, not Congress. Who do you trust more? Yourself or Congress?

I could also give you some of what I think are Bushes weaker points but since you don't want negatives, I'll hold off.

Finally, you know what you'll be getting if Bush is elected.

snoman12 said:
I am not very political, I did not watch the debates but..when I went to get my drivers license when I moved I registered to vote...and since i don't have a job i figure i might as well vote....I'm not sure what the issues are but I have no opinion on Gay marriage, am for a womens right to choose, not too religious, not sure if the war was right or wrong, DO not trust Michael Moore, and am not sure that I trust John Kerry or the president. I am 19 and I live in MI. I don't want to hear negative things about John Kerry I want to hear positive things about Bush. I have been reading posts while I was waiting for clearence and you guys have a lot of animosity towards the democrats. I would like POSITIVE arguments for george bush. ALSO, I know that the dems vote for Ralph Nader as a 2nd option, who do the republicans vote for as a 2nd option. I want to vote but have no idea who to vote for. I decided to spend the night on the internet and decide who to vote for. please help me. NO NEGATIVE PLEASE.

*SNIFF,SNIFF* yep..I smell that stink
again.

snoman12 said:
what about the country beign in so much debt.

Why should we worry about the debt so much? Throughout history, governments have continually been in debt. In war time this is even more the case.
In World War II, the govenment dealt with debt by issuing war bonds and rationing civilian goods to lower the cost of war production. So far we haven't been subject to any rationing.
By taking care of things now we are eliminating future debt. By spending $350 billion in the past year and a half [and a large portion of it has yet to be spent]on resolving and ending the Iraq conflict, as opposed to the $150 billion a year for 12 years spent by the clinton and bush administrations sanctioning Iraq and lobbying in the UN with no fruits except bought time, we have created an opportunity to change the situation for the better.

As with buying a house, it is better to move in and pay off debt later than to wait until you can pay in cash, because in the meantime you will be paying for an apartment, among other things. If you had a toothache would it be more prudent to have it checked by a dentist, or to buy some mouthwash? Bush is a conservative who will try to change the medicare and social security so that it does not chronically add debt to the budget. Part of the debt that has been incurred by Bush has gone to stopping the AIDS crisis in Africa. Part of it has gone to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The "Pay as you go." mentality of the previous administration did not allow us to take care of Iraq for over a decade. It didn't allow us to fine tune our domestic systems. It didn't allow us to maintain our military or improve or intelligence networks. It didn't allow us to go into Rwanda. And it won't let us go into the Sudan. By incurring debt, the President has funded standardized testing of public schools to monitor educational quality. This is an investment in our future businessmen and businesswomen, scientists, mechanics, and teachers. If the president is elected, he will push for more reform which will allow parents to make choices about their child's education, encouraging further competition for excellence in the public school system. By incurring debt to solve the problem of the Taliban, the president has laid the path for a future partner in democracy. Already elections there have gone more smoothly than our own is likely to :usa: :rock: and Iraq, though the picture is dull right now, is headed in the same direction. All the things bush has done to invest in our future will not necessarily be hampered by electing Kerry, but as president, Bush will continue to do what he has done and has always been done by ambitious, optimistic, forward leaping nations. Invest in the future.

How'zat? :thup:

Bush has a strong team behind him; they have not been as open with information as past administrations. They appear to be mostly looking out for big $ interest, but this may benefit somewhat.
As far as Kerry, he is a ?

White knight said:
Bush has a strong team behind him; they have not been as open with information as past administrations. They appear to be mostly looking out for big $ interest, but this may benefit somewhat.

Well, I agree that the Bush team has a lot of corporate backing and several members with corporate experience, but the number of corporate scandals that have been uncovered and reported is amazing. A republican in office seems to keep corporate watchdogs digging for scandals in the stock market and business in general. I think Republicans and democrats in this relationship do very well in terms of keeping business clean.

White knight said:

"they have not been as open with information as past administrations"

Pardon me? Come on, now. It hasn't been that long since the Clinton administration. Need I remind you of Hilary's quote? I'll have to paraphrase:

"We don't need people rifling through our papers. We are the President."

snoman12 said:
what about the country beign in so much debt. that POST that i was referred to was very informative..THANK YOU. I enjoyed it. but also it was too negative for me. I have been to lots of sites in the past hour and the anti-bush people make him out to be an idiot. Some of the quotes they have are pretty unbelievable. I can't believe that he would say some of thos ethings. I heard one quote about it beign easier if the US was a dictatorship as long as he was the dictator. my grandparents are democrats and they say that bush will do something to social security...I can't remember the word. anyway please keep referring posts and giving me info.

As far as the quotes, most of them are unbelievable because they aren't true. A lot of the ones that are have been taken out of context.

I'll give you two of the biggest reasons I'm voting for George W. Bush. The War on Terror is one. We have been attacked several times over the years, though nothing in comparison to the 9/11 attack. Our response to those attacks, in my opinion, were very weak. President Bush is the first President to take the battle to the terrorists. Diplomacy is lost on them and the only reasoning they understand is violence and war. So, he took the violence and war to them.

After the 9/11 attack, President Bush knew that some unpopular decisions had to be made to keep the country moving. A lot of people called for him to roll back the tax cuts, but he knew that the only way to keep the economy strong and allow businesses to rebuild themselves was to keep the tax cuts in place. No President has had to deal with a situation like 9/11, and I think President Bush has done an outstanding job keeping things together, all things considered.

The debt is not nearly as bad as the dems want you to think. To fairly judge the size of the national debt, you have to compare it as a percentage of GNP. It is less than 4% of GNP which is not even close to being a record.

And WELCOME!

Well here goes:

GW loves his family
wants to do the right thing
simplistic
surrounds himself with people who agree with him (except maybe Powell)
decisive
as President he has to deal respectfully with alot of criticism
not afraid
sense of humor and will laugh at himself

nbdysfu said:
Why should we worry about the debt so much?

It seems that the government should not be in debt but that the American people should be in continuous unending debt to the federal government.

When our government becomes flush and out of debt, no money is in circulation, companies and industries do not sell products or services as no one has money that the government has taken at the point of Income Tax gun.

When the government is in debt, companies can make things and services which requires hiring people. Those people in turn get paid wages and salaries allowing people to buy more things for the companies to make and hire even more people who pay taxes to the government.

Vicious cycle that. The dichotomy is that the government must stay in debt to pay those who don't work (stay at home people who don't look for work) so that they will vote on days like this coming Tuesday to keep those representatives in power who want to take more money out of people's pockets to pay for votes.

What is the function of the Federal government.

Function:
Is it to take your money or protect you from foreign invaders, settle disputes between states or print more money????

sagegirl said:
Well here goes:

surrounds himself with people who agree with him (except maybe Powell)

Not at all true. Even the left-wing media elites admit that Bush surrounds himself with people that hold various positions. He just makes the final decisions himself, after hearing all sides, and DOES NOT rely on polls.

Bush does fumble over his words and occasionally let some pretty stupid stuff eminate form his mouth so if you want a great orator, he is not your man.
Also, Kerry says some stupid things (Treblinka Square instead of Lubyanka Square, pretentious quotes, outright lies, and flip-flops). I'd take Bush's stupid things over Kerry's anyday, especially since Bush didn't even say many of them.

freeandfun1 said:
Not at all true. Even the left-wing media elites admit that Bush surrounds himself with people that hold various positions. He just makes the final decisions himself, after hearing all sides, and DOES NOT rely on polls.

This remark leaves me flabbergasted.

Bush has spent more money on focus groups and polls than any other president. He also employs Karl Rove, which is a huge hint and a half.

I'm sure you believe Bush spent $2.5 million dollars during the first two years of his term on focus groups and polls and employs professional pollsters just for the hell of it.

Yeah, right.

He just SAYS he doesn't rely on polls or focus groups. It's one of his main talking points of manipulation, and to even suggest that he doesn't conduct or consider them is disingenuous at best.

Wake up. Bush is human, and he's a politician for crying out loud.

Bush is also a record-setter in the resignation and firing categories. Have you ever looked at a list of how many people have quit or been fired from his administration? It's downright shocking (2nd link).

http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?section=root&name=ViewPrint&articleId=6318

http://www.missouri.edu/~quinnl/news/bodies.html

tim_duncan2000 said:
Also, Kerry says some stupid things (Treblinka Square instead of Lubyanka Square, pretentious quotes, outright lies, and flip-flops). I'd take Bush's stupid things over Kerry's anyday, especially since Bush didn't even say many of them.

And here in Nevada, when he was claiming he was against Yucca (Yuck-uh) Mountain (the nuclear repository that he has voted SEVERAL times to support) he said, "and I will make sure nuclear waste is never stored at YOOKA Moutain".

And don't forget his "Chingis khan"

Forum List

Back