Holy Crap--Don't these people have anything better to bitch about?

theim

May 11, 2004
Madison, WI
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060130/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_prophet_drawings

It's some CARTOONS. I know better than to expect the Islamic world to step back and chill the hell out, but DAMN. The Danish PM is doing an admirable job of not backing down to the censorship crowd, but I'm worried because, frankly, he's European, and Europeans have no trouble pretending to be free and then censoring anything that offends anybody (except Christians, but...come on, man).

the telling quote:

"Freedom of expression is an internal Danish issue but this has a totally different dimension," Peder Tuborgh said. "This is about Denmark having offended millions of Muslims."

Someone please explain to me how the Danish government is responsible in any way for what some newspaper prints? Maybe I'm just lacking 'liberal logic'.

So - if Islam is so 'peacefull' why are there muslims attacking people for 'offending them'? Every faith has it's millitant wing; but where are muslim leaders denouncing the violence?

dmp said:
So - if Islam is so 'peacefull' why are there muslims attacking people for 'offending them'? Every faith has it's millitant wing; but where are muslim leaders denouncing the violence?

LOL - probably hiding under a blanket someplace! They don't want their heads chopped off any more than you or I do.

Why bite the hand that feeds you? Weren't those countries delivering food and other aid? It's not like the aid workers were the ones insulting their prophet.

Another peice of evidence that the next Democratic President will be the last president of a free United States:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/30/060130151546.v8vrasnt.html

Good ol' Slick Willie. Some newspaper has the balls to DRAW A PICTURE OF MOHAMMED and this paragon of liberty and freedom...is worried about attacks on Muslims. Good thing he never did anything except get blown, Lord knows how much damage he could have done.

Forum List

Back