Hollywood may actually just start to realize - Woke doesn't sell. Batgirl canceled, despite the movie is already filmed.

Meh... Leslie Grace isn't my type. Not that she isn't pretty, she is... but she is matchstick skinny with no top or bottom to speak of.
I prefer a woman to have woman features... not just a pretty face.

Sort of like WWE wrestler, Nikkita Lyons?

1660393421446.png

Reportedly the first time in history that this has occurred, a year an a half into it and $70 million invested... DC pulls Batgirl.
Why? Because test audiences hated it. No. Really hated it. Like everyone.
The official word is they are canceling it's release to save the brand reputation.

And now... whispers continue to circulate that Supergirl will be canceled... again. Blaiming Covid for the first cancelation, it was revived only to receive abysmal ratings. Official word is it hasn't yet been cancelled, unofficial word - it's dead.

Isn't supergirl the franchise that has had a lot of negative press about the unsafe conditions on the set?

Anywho, Warner Brothers does what WB does. They can afford to eat $100M

Isn't supergirl the franchise that has had a lot of negative press about the unsafe conditions on the set?

Anywho, Warner Brothers does what WB does. They can afford to eat $100M
The interesting thing here is this is the first time a completed movie was canceled before being released.
One of the people on the set said all that was left was a little brushing up on the CGI and other finishing touches.
Almost to me there is something we don't know.
With all the absolute garbage movies that have been made - why cancel this one? After it is already filmed??
You would think ... okay the test audience hated it... so let's go straight to streaming to at least attempt to recoup some of the $70,000,000 invested. But apparently they are not even going to do that.

The interesting thing here is this is the first time a completed movie was canceled before being released.
One of the people on the set said all that was left was a little brushing up on the CGI and other finishing touches.
Almost to me there is something we don't know.
With all the absolute garbage movies that have been made - why cancel this one? After it is already filmed??
You would think ... okay the test audience hated it... so let's go straight to streaming to at least attempt to recoup some of the $70,000,000 invested. But apparently they are not even going to do that.

The new big cheese at Warner Brothers has decreed that they are no longer going to make movies for streaming or simultaneous releases. They are making films for theatrical release only. This may be a financially odd flex as to Batgirl, but perhaps this is his way of demonstrating that he is in charge of WB, not HBO's people, and he is going to be true to his word even if it costs $70M. And while I don't really understand why it is this way, apparently if they release the movie they have to "book" its losses, and canning it keeps them from having to do that. I am not sure what that means in this case since they had to shell out the money, but it sounds like a pride/vanity thing.

Reportedly the first time in history that this has occurred, a year an a half into it and $70 million invested... DC pulls Batgirl.
Why? Because test audiences hated it. No. Really hated it. Like everyone.
The official word is they are canceling it's release to save the brand reputation.

And now... whispers continue to circulate that Supergirl will be canceled... again. Blaiming Covid for the first cancelation, it was revived only to receive abysmal ratings. Official word is it hasn't yet been cancelled, unofficial word - it's dead.
The TV show sucked ass. Everyone hated the stars of the show....the scripts sucked ass.
Nothing but lesbians running around in rubber suits.
Nobody wants to see that crap.

The new big cheese at Warner Brothers has decreed that they are no longer going to make movies for streaming or simultaneous releases. They are making films for theatrical release only. This may be a financially odd flex as to Batgirl, but perhaps this is his way of demonstrating that he is in charge of WB, not HBO's people, and he is going to be true to his word even if it costs $70M. And while I don't really understand why it is this way, apparently if they release the movie they have to "book" its losses, and canning it keeps them from having to do that. I am not sure what that means in this case since they had to shell out the money, but it sounds like a pride/vanity thing.
I'm not gonna pay to sit in a theater when my home theater is better and I don't have to worry about my shoes sticking to the floor.

If that is true... awesome.
If someone in the entertainment industry wants to put... I don't know ... entertainment... as a higher priority over messaging and virtue signaling... that is a good thing.

If that is true... awesome.
If someone in the entertainment industry wants to put... I don't know ... entertainment... as a higher priority over messaging and virtue signaling... that is a good thing.

I guess, but I am sort of supersaturated with the comic book genre of movies and TV shows. I am not sure I can take in another one. Strange New Worlds is the only franchise production I can somewhat tolerate. The rest of it is just too I've seen this a thousand times.

I guess, but I am sort of supersaturated with the comic book genre of movies and TV shows. I am not sure I can take in another one. Strange New Worlds is the only franchise production I can somewhat tolerate. The rest of it is just too I've seen this a thousand times.
We watched one, maybe two of those. I thought it was okay.
We dropped Paramount plus though, too much LGBQT for me. It became half their content, I live in Bloomington, IN... I am surrounded by gay/trans folks. They don't bother me in the least, but they don't shove it in my face either.
Paramount got to that point some time ago.

Forum List

Back