Hollywood HOLY TRINITY of movie villains

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Darth Vader, Hannibal Lecter, Col. Landa. Prove me wrong, I welcome any dissent on this.

What all 3 of these delicious monsters had in common is that they're extremely mysterious, complex characters who love to seriously mind-fuck other people for their own ends. They weren't generic evil for the sake of generic evil; these 3 had a real method to their madness.

Top villain I've seen on tv was Kilgrave, in the Jessica Jones series.

Can't leave out Voldemort, from Harry Potter.

Or the Red Skull

Darth Vader, Hannibal Lecter, Col. Landa. Prove me wrong, I welcome any dissent on this.

What all 3 of these delicious monsters had in common is that they're extremely mysterious, complex characters who love to seriously mind-fuck other people for their own ends. They weren't generic evil for the sake of generic evil; these 3 had a real method to their madness.

Take out Landa, replace him with Heath Ledger's Joker. :)

Pick any 3 computers on Star Trek - The Original Series.
Then replace them with Windows 8.

Nah, sorry but having seen both movies I think Christopher Waltz's cheerful Nazi blows Heath Ledgers Joker off the map. The Hans Landa character felt a lot more realistic to me. The opening scene in which he utterly mind-fucked that French farmer was an utter masterpiece. The way he started out so sweet and friendly but gradually got darker and darker and creepier. Then at the end of the scene Col. Landa got downright SCARY, "You are haboring enemies of the state, are you not?"

Nah, sorry but having seen both movies I think Christopher Waltz's cheerful Nazi blows Heath Ledgers Joker off the map. The Hans Landa character felt a lot more realistic to me. The opening scene in which he utterly mind-fucked that French farmer was an utter masterpiece. The way he started out so sweet and friendly but gradually got darker and darker and creepier. Then at the end of the scene Col. Landa got downright SCARY, "You are haboring enemies of the state, are you not?"

Landa didn't stick with me, Ledger's Joker did. I'm happy to agree to disagree. :D

Landa didn't stick with me, Ledger's Joker did. I'm happy to agree to disagree. :D
Didn't watch Inglorious..
I'd have to go with the Joker in that one too

Didn't watch Inglorious..
I'd have to go with the Joker in that one too

If you like Tarantino's movies, you'll most likely enjoy Inglorious Basterds. I don't think it was his best film, but it was entertaining enough. :)

You really should see it, Will. The opening farm house scene is one of the best movie-villain mind-fuck scene ever put on film. That first 15 minutes alone makes the movie worth it. Even when you subtract both villains, in my humble opinion I.G. was a better, more unique movie than any Batman I've seen (I admit none of which I really liked that much).

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back